Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Another game another poor and lazy effort by the 10.5 million dollar captain.

His poor play over the past few seasons has been well documented and outside of a rare spurt there seems to be no change, management even took a big risk in trading for Saad one of his old linemates a move that appears to have backfired massively.

Is this the end? Nothing has worked.

Do you believe the front office should look into moving Toews? He can have his one more shift in a decade or so.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
No one wants a 10.5M checking center

Its embarrassing to watch our so called leader these past 2+ seasons

Got paid and checked out like many on team

I believe a deal could be worked out to trade Toews but obviously a bad contract will have to be returned...maybe Byfuglien?

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
20:00 Claude Giroux won face-off against Jonathan Toews
19:56 Claude Giroux won face-off against Jonathan Toews
17:11 Jori Lehtera won face-off against Jonathan Toews
16:53 Sean Couturier won face-off against Jonathan Toews

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I like that summary ..."got paid and checked out "...Stars get paid big then go fat-cat ...Of course it has to be us this plague attached to..Thought the Kings had got infected too..first Brown the Kopitar..but this season they came back from the dead and are starring again..but somehow you get the impression #19 will never go Phoenix with us (tge reference is to the Phenix bird of mythology which rose from the cashes coffee death to saor again) ...And if #88 is now following Toews lead into supreme chque-ccasher mode ;refusing to star anymore..then we shall need to vent that albatross too .

I wonder what Sr. "ADVISOR" Scott Bowman (Sr.) is now "Advising"?

PROBABLY telling McD it is OVER...closed window...Blow it up . Lottery Picks here we come..

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's insanity that Toews is getting criticism right now when he's easily been one of the three best, most consistent forwards on the team thus far this season (Saad and Panik being the other two).

Nobody on the team is scoring, they're shooting at an average 6%. That won't be the case forever.

They just need their coach to show a modicum of patience, keep lines that are generating chances together for more than three games a pop, and instead of spending his time thinking up new ways to throw **** at the wall for line combinations, spend his time fixing the damn PP.

No, the Blackhawks should not look to trade one of the best three forwards on their team right now. That would be nutty.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I like that summary ..."got paid and checked out "...Stars get paid big then go fat-cat ...Of course it has to be us this plague attached to..Thought the Kings had got infected too..first Brown the Kopitar..but this season they came back from the dead and are starring again..but somehow you get the impression #19 will never go Phoenix with us (tge reference is to the Phenix bird of mythology which rose from the cashes coffee death to saor again) ...And if #88 is now following Toews lead into supreme chque-ccasher mode ;refusing to star anymore..then we shall need to vent that albatross too .

I wonder what Sr. "ADVISOR" Scott Bowman (Sr.) is now "Advising"?

PROBABLY telling McD it is OVER...closed window...Blow it up . Lottery Picks here we come..

Honestly it would not shock me if they are deciding what to do with Q.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
It's insanity that Toews is getting criticism right now when he's easily been one of the three best, most consistent forwards on the team thus far this season (Saad and Panik being the other two).

Nobody on the team is scoring, they're shooting at an average 6%. That won't be the case forever.

They just need their coach to show a modicum of patience, keep lines that are generating chances together for more than three games a pop, and instead of spending his time thinking up new ways to throw **** at the wall for line combinations, spend his time fixing the damn PP.

No, the Blackhawks should not look to trade one of the best three forwards on their team right now. That would be nutty.

The Tallest Midget... for 10.5 mil... Ok...

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
The Blackhawks need a coaching change. Q is not capable of coaching a less talented team. He has failed the last couple of years. It was very easy for him to coach the team(s) that won the cups as the players pretty well won them on their own. Q does not know how to use less talented players to their potential and he seems to not have any other game plan except for one. Every team knows exactly how the Hawks are going to play and they play accordingly to limit the Hawks to pretty well uselessness. I think for the most part, the players morals are down and they are very unhappy with Q.

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The Blackhawks need a coaching change. Q is not capable of coaching a less talented team. He has failed the last couple of years. It was very easy for him to coach the team(s) that won the cups as the players pretty well won them on their own. Q does not know how to use less talented players to their potential and he seems to not have any other game plan except for one. Every team knows exactly how the Hawks are going to play and they play accordingly to limit the Hawks to pretty well uselessness. I think for the most part, the players morals are down and they are very unhappy with Q.

I hate to say "told you so" ..... but several of us have been saying the same thing long before it finally has sunk in for most folks around here. Q had a great run. He should promote himself before his legacy turns awfully sour for Blackhawks' fans.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I hate to say "told you so" ..... but several of us have been saying the same thing long before it finally has sunk in for most folks around here. Q had a great run. He should promote himself before his legacy turns awfully sour for Blackhawks' fans.

Should have been promoted when he had his last health scare. I'm still sticking to a health scare between Thanksgiving and Christmas with new coach in place 1/2018

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Agreed. I thought it should have been this past offseason. I remember posting in the past that I often wondered how much credit Q deserved and how many other coaches would have had similar results with the Hawks as Q. Some posters thought I was ridiculous for even mentioning it.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I know a couple of those posters you are thinking of and they are very silent on the Q subject at this point. Yes he is great with a loaded team. Yet to see him at any of his stops as a coach bring a team back from the dead or coach an inferior talented team and have success.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah but Crosby has a what? 2 million less caphit?

For the same reason that Keith has a lower cap hit than Letang. Back-diving contract.

Speaking of Letang, he's playing roughly as well as Seabrook this season...

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I was confused which was on the ice as both were falling all over and not winning many battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad