Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
This is what happens when your (franchise) player who is now set for life financially suddenly plays like he's 37 years-old despite being in the prime of his life. Frustrating? Damn right it is!
Talk shit about his play all you want. That’s fair game. Just don’t fabricate reasons like the convention as your excuse to bring him down.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Talk **** about his play all you want. That’s fair game. Just don’t fabricate reasons like the convention as your reason to bring him down.

Actually, I didn't but I understand the frustration from those that did.

The last few summers we hear about Kaner working hard to improve his hockey skills in the off-season despite the fact that he is playing great hockey, and what do we hear about the underperforming captain? Why he is out discovering new diets and the meaning of life. Makes one wonder if he has moved on from being just a hockey player. Just sayin'.

Reactions: BrianE

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Talk **** about his play all you want. That’s fair game. Just don’t fabricate reasons like the convention as your excuse to bring him down.

Your boy Toe's obviously hates Chicago and prefers to cozy up to his Hotty Girlfriend during the cold winter nights up in Canada during the offseason and who can blame him? He's set for life. His heart and desire is clearly not in it anymore as he's already got 3 cups to his name.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Actually, I didn't but I understand the frustration from those that did.

The last few summers we hear about Kaner working hard to improve his hockey skills in the off-season despite the fact that he is playing great hockey, and what do we hear about the underperforming captain? Why he is out discovering new diets and the meaning of life. Makes one wonder if he has moved on from just being a hockey player. Just sayin'.
I completely get where you are coming from but at the same time... how do you know how Toews is spending his offseason? There is zero evidence that Toews is doing anything but training his balls off (not saying that’s the case per se).

You hear about Kane because he stays in Chicago because his previous off ice issues make going home to Buffalo complicated.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I completely get where you are coming from but at the same time... how do you know how Toews is spending his offseason? There is zero evidence that Toews is doing anything but training his balls off (not saying that’s the case per se).

You hear about Kane because he stays in Chicago because his previous off ice issues make going home to Buffalo complicated.

Actually, I am hoping it is something that Toews himself can control... IE. that by working harder in the summer he can regain his game.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Your boy Toe's obviously hates Chicago and prefers to cozy up to his Hotty Girlfriend during the cold winter nights up in Canada during the offseason and who can blame him? He's set for life. His heart and desire is clearly not in it anymore as he's already got 3 cups to his name.

The off-season is during the summer, not the winter. Canada is in the northern hemisphere, it doesn’t have opposite seasons as ours. Maybe you’re thinking of Australia?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Actually, I am hoping it is something that Toews himself can control... IE. that by working harder in the summer he can regain his game.

Don’t we all hope that. Maybe a guy like DeBrincat who can get find a soft spot in the defense will help.

I still feel like we overestimated his ability to single handedly shutdown top lines and provide 60+ points. I think Hossa played a big part in that, and without a player like Hossa (Saad isn’t Hossa), he can’t replicate those performances.

That Toews role is one of the toughest in hockey.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Contract years tend to bring out the best in some athletes. Expect Toe's to find his game again in 2022...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lmao. People hate on Toews because there was no word of him attending. Now he sends his RSVP and people hate because....?

The kicker? I bet none of you talking **** about this actually attend the convention. Just another excuse for the complainers to complain...

He doesn’t play Chicago men’s Leauge in the summer and he’s late to RSVP to the convention....he clearly doesn’t care!!!!! :sarcasm:

What on earth does this have to do with “hate”?

I think people try to throw these words around to just shut people up. Ok wanna talk hate? Do you hate the team? Because now the team is sucking big time and it’s directly related to your be-“loved”(you know love and hate) captain. I don’t give a flying frick about “hate”, I want the team to win, if there is a player on the team that is sucking then he needs to go, I don’t care if it’s the captain or a 4th liner. You say hate as if it’s some kind of a personal beef we have with Toews lol. We are talking about hockey performance people, if this was about hating the person then we would hate his despite the performance or lack there of, let me simplify this for you further, why were these Toews “haters” not “hating” him when he was performing? Man this is mind boggling...

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think we've all been somewhat spoiled. 3 cups in 6 years is the best any team has done since the glory days with no cap.
Sure we would all of loved to see 4 cups or perhaps a couple more WCF's or even a loss in the finals to add to the 3 cups.
The fact remains however that to even make it to the finals not even to win it 3 times is something like going through a few world wars.
These guys are human beings .. not machines. That all said we are all still fans of the team and want to be entertained with a competitive team. Stan and company are doing their best .. but we may have seen the end of it especially for this core! I do think we may be up again in 3 -5 years.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This is what happens when your (franchise) player who is now set for life financially suddenly plays like he's 37 years-old despite being in the prime of his life. Frustrating? Damn right it is!

Nah. This is what happens when people are stupid.

I would wager that about 99% of Hawks fans couldn't care less that Toews wasn't going to be at the convention. Now he is, and makes them look stupid again, so they figure they might as well double down on the stupid.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad