Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I used to like Grant McCagg but he probably spends too much time arguing on twitter and his comments have been so weird for a while:

I mean wtf Grant.

I don’t understand why people even bring him up. He’s as bad or worse as the random no name apologists on HF that support Bergevin. He’s a hack who loves to cherry pick.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Are folks even capable of acknowledging that Drouin has been playing quality top 6 hockey recently?

Are you even capable of acknowledging that Galchenyuk has always been a quality top 6 hockey player after pissing all over him this season?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Are you even capable of acknowledging that Galchenyuk has always been a quality top 6 hockey player after pissing all over him this season?
I've been very complementary of Galchenyuk lately, loving the improvement he's showed in his skating and compete level. Not sure what you're talking about, or how it would even be relevant anyway.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I was at the game in the reds yesterday and decided to pay attention to Drouin more than usual to see if maybe he' just comes across as terrible on TV.

But no. He's bad. Really bad.

He reminds me a lot of Scott Gomez. Good skating and obviously has talent, but doesn't know what he's doing. At least Drouin we only gave up a future top pairing defenseman for him and not the top pairing D-man and a middle six forward. :/

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He was bad yesterday, he's still very inconsistant.

I think if we had drafted him though, fans would have a longer leash for him. He's still a young player, on a new team, playing a difficult position.

Reactions: Laurentide

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
He's playing out of position... and with Paul Byron. Not that Byron is terrible, great PKer and breakaway threat, but Byron is hardly a guy who's going to make a center look good out there...

I swear on this team their are very few players who get to play with someone who makes them better. It’s like everyone needs a better pairing partner or linemates.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

This season? He’s been getting pissed on for most of his career by fans and management for doing more then what Drouin has done yet Drouin got the long term contract immediately and opportunities we should’ve been giving Chucky while they were screwing around with Desharnais and it’s now carried over to another undersized francophone. But hey, atleast Drouin decided to show up the final 15 games. You know, another thing Galchenyuk was criticized for. I often hop to Galchenyuk’s defence not because I think he’s the answer for us, but because the corruption within the Bergevin era is on full display when you look at this player.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This season? He’s been getting pissed on for most of his career by fans and management for doing more then what Drouin has done yet Drouin got the long term contract immediately and opportunities we should’ve been giving Chucky while they were screwing around with Desharnais and it’s now carried over to another undersized francophone. But hey, atleast Drouin decided to show up the final 15 games. You know, another thing Galchenyuk was criticized for. I often hop to Galchenyuk’s defence not because I think he’s the answer for us, but because the corruption within the Bergevin era is on full display when you look at this player.

Pretty sure people on here defend Galchenyuk more then Drouin. Not sure if there's any consistency here.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I swear on this team their are very few players who get to play with someone who makes them better. It’s like everyone needs a better pairing partner or linemates.

Gallagher is pretty much the only forward right now that makes guys better. Petry does it too when he's not overused.

Montreal has a lot of youth, but none of them are really core-type players.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
Drouin is signed for another 6 years, and he does not need to show off to deserve a spot in the top 6 for next year.

He just looks like a guy who is not buying CJ's 4 out of 7 playoff right now.

The season is finished. He has no reason to give it all. It would only hurt the tank at this point.

Trying to evaluate his performance right now is futile and meaningless. Better to give ice time to players that you really need to evaluate. This is not the time to risk any long term injuries or something like that to core players.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

It's definitely been a case of hypocrisy over meritocracy for the entirety of Bergevin's tenure. No doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad