Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So many folks fail to understand how great offensive teams inflate stats, and bad offensive teams deflate stats. If the trade never happened, Serg would probably have half his point total, while Drouin would probably have 60-70p with Tampa.
I wish more people understood this, you put it perfectly and i couldnt agree more

I bet Drouin gets 60 in tampa this year at the very least and i think Sergachev would of hit around 20 something as a hab

Im not thrilled Drouin clearly sulked once the season started to look lost and wasnt trying as hard anymore, basically confirming most of what the people who were upset to get him were bringing up

and thats fine, i understand it, i grew up in quebec, i get the attitude,

but he has really come around since the shedding of the team and injuries, you can clearly see he likes playing with galchenyuk on the PP, he likes playing with gallagher on a line, you can see the passes, the great dangles and cuts, and even his shooting accuracy imo is pretty good for the most part, With added firepower, and maybe even adding a real center and moving him to wing, he probably becomes a good bet for 70 points

He and Alex have become absolutely deadly on each side of this new PP formation, instead of having it mapped around subban and then weber's one timer, now we have 2 aces on each side, with either gallagher, byron or lehkonen roaming downlow and in the slot, and have a Petry quarterbacking the blue line

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I wish more people understood this, you put it perfectly and i couldnt agree more

I bet Drouin gets 60 in tampa this year at the very least and i think Sergachev would of hit around 20 something as a hab

Im not thrilled Drouin clearly sulked once the season started to look lost and wasnt trying as hard anymore, basically confirming most of what the people who were upset to get him were bringing up

and thats fine, i understand it, i grew up in quebec, i get the attitude,

but he has really come around since the shedding of the team and injuries, you can clearly see he likes playing with galchenyuk on the PP, he likes playing with gallagher on a line, you can see the passes, the great dangles and cuts, and even his shooting accuracy imo is pretty good for the most part, With added firepower, and maybe even adding a real center and moving him to wing, he probably becomes a good bet for 70 points

He and Alex have become absolutely deadly on each side of this new PP formation, instead of having it mapped around subban and then weber's one timer, now we have 2 aces on each side, with either gallagher, byron or lehkonen roaming downlow and in the slot, and have a Petry quarterbacking the blue line

The new power play is great, especially with Max in the high slot. I wonder what they'll do with Weber next year?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The new power play is great, especially with Max in the high slot. I wonder what they'll do with Weber next year?
The power play would still look just as good, if not better, with Weber in Petry's spot.

To start the year we had Pacioretty on the half boards, a guy who handles the puck like a grenade and would just throw it blindly away or to the point each time he touched the puck. Once Weber got hurt they finally realized like 40 games into the year that the PP shouldn't revolve around Pacioretty and to no surprise it has looked way better (with guys like Drouin/Chucky getting the puck more instead), having Weber's big shot will make a difference as it gives another option on the PP.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
This team would be crap with or without Sergachev just like it's crap with or without Drouin. No one player could have moved the needle for a team this bad. The Habs are 3 players away from being 3 players away.
Subban, Radulov, Markov And Sergachev would mean 2 players away though... just a thought

Reactions: Habs100

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Most people use that argument to defend Drouin the player, not to defend Bergevin. Drouin hasn't been that great here so far, but he just turned 23, has played a new position all year and is on one of the worst teams in the league.. yet by reading these boards it sounds like we got a 30 year old who has no chance of improving and will be a 40 point player his whole career.

I agree the issue is the GM not making the team better, toss in dinosaur coaches like Sly/Julien and it is hard for young players to develop into their full potential.. especially when they are often put out of position or benched for veteran plugs.

First off, one of the reasons this team is the worst in the league is that Drouin hasn't lived up to his talent and his hype. The Idiot called him a game changer. The only games I've seen him change are some of the ones we've lost. Now, granted, Drouin's role in us being a bad team is a small role but it's there.

Secondly, his lazy, pouting attitude where he gives up on most plays is infuriating and I think this is where most posters have had enough. We all understand that's it's not his fault that he was placed at center but for god sakes put in an effort. His I-give-a-darn level is very inconsistent. The Idiot tolerates this sort of behaviour yet PK's was unacceptable. And quite honestly Drouin should be removed from center and returned to the wing. But I'm ready to wager that's not going to happen next year. If we're really really lucky The Idiot is going to get one center at best and continue with this lunacy of Drouin at center and this after The Idiot himself admitted at his press conference that Drouin is not a center.

As for Drouin being 23 if I remember correctly when Chucky hit 23 it was a reason to declare him a bust by many yet for The Wonder Boy it's now used as a reason to give him more time.. How much more time? Another year, a couple of more, when he hits 26? Whether Drouin plays center or wing, The Idiot traded for damaged goods. From what I've seen of Drouin, my gut tells me he's another Pacioretty and you don't win anything with players like that on your team. Go ask Tortorella and Cooper.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
First off, one of the reasons this team is the worst in the league is that Drouin hasn't lived up to his talent and his hype. The Idiot called him a game changer. The only games I've seen him change are some of the ones we've lost. Now, granted, Drouin's role in us being a bad team is a small role but it's there.

Secondly, his lazy, pouting attitude where he gives up on most plays is infuriating and I think this is where most posters have had enough. We all understand that's it's not his fault that he was placed at center but for god sakes put in an effort. His I-give-a-darn level is very inconsistent. The Idiot tolerates this sort of behaviour yet PK's was unacceptable. And quite honestly Drouin should be removed from center and returned to the wing. But I'm ready to wager that's not going to happen next year. If we're really really lucky The Idiot is going to get one center at best and continue with this lunacy of Drouin at center and this after The Idiot himself admitted at his press conference that Drouin is not a center.

As for Drouin being 23 if I remember correctly when Chucky hit 23 it was a reason to declare him a bust by many yet for The Wonder Boy it's now used as a reason to give him more time.. How much more time? Another year, a couple of more, when he hits 26? Whether Drouin plays center or wing, The Idiot traded for damaged goods. From what I've seen of Drouin, my gut tells me he's another Pacioretty and you don't win anything with players like that on your team. Go ask Tortorella and Cooper.

What an ironic post

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
So many folks fail to understand how great offensive teams inflate stats, and bad offensive teams deflate stats. If the trade never happened, Serg would probably have half his point total, while Drouin would probably have 60-70p with Tampa.
People here compare the stats of Serg-Drouin without the context of best nhl team VS one of the worse nhl team. I'm all agree with you on this point.

Reactions: Redux91

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He's not a centre, which makes this trade a loss. Bergevin wanted his 'big centre" badly.
But let's say Bergevin didn't get his big center, he got another winger but the guy is 23, not 31. So as long as he can find a center next summer, he just have another young winger to make his team. It's not the ideal world but it's not that bad either. Paccioretty will probably leave so Drouin is a young replacement for Paccio. Bergevin lose one year but his mistake gives him a good first round draft. A year of mistake gives a good first choice.

In the Gainey time, the mistake of Gomez brings Galchenyuk.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
If he scored more goals lie that one last night I would be so much less disappointed in the trade that brought him to Montreal.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lol both players are so young you can't sajy that after less than a year. Sergachev's stats are inflated by playing on a top team while Drouin's are not.

How would Sergachev have done here this year? Probably around 2- points and minus 25.

Ohh please it was a bad trade and it will take a huge improvement by Drouin for that to change. it might also mean him getting a heart transplant. If I recall you are the one that was going on calling him the second most talented player after Crosby all summer which is laughable.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If he hit 50 pts this year I would find it’s not too shabby but 43 is low

At start of season he was just passing his shot is good enough for goals

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If he hit 50 pts this year I would find it’s not too shabby but 43 is low

At start of season he was just passing his shot is good enough for goals

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take

Drouin actually has a wicked shot, it seems like he’s starting to use it more so that’s a good thing.

Hope he gets to play at the worlds, on the wings.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Ohh please it was a bad trade and it will take a huge improvement by Drouin for that to change. it might also mean him getting a heart transplant. If I recall you are the one that was going on calling him the second most talented player after Crosby all summer which is laughable.

C'mon, man, stop twisting the friggin facts. He meant hopscotch. Second most talented player after Crosby in hopscotch.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
At best the trade is a wash if he develops a bit more.

he should go to the worlds and get some positive games in him

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Really sucked they called that penalty on him when he was battling Crosby in the d-zone. Loved the compete he was showing and think that was a bad call. Hope the coaches gave him a pat after that, because that's how he needs to play if he wants to play C.

Offensively he's starting to come around. His appears healthy, and he's able to shoot it, and he has a tremendous shot. He's legitimately beating goalies with his shot right now, and not many guys in the world can beat NHL goalies with their shot like that.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad