Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Franky Boo could have produced on Tampa Bay. Stat watching isn't a good way to compare in and of itself.

Yeah watching games would be a better indicator.. and if you did, you'd stop using that silly statement.

And how much Stralman, Girardi or Coburn produced? With your silly logic, they'd be all in the 40 pts. Even McDonagh has only 3 pts in 14 games.

Point and Gourde has respectively 66 and 64 pts not because they play for the TB lightnings or with Stamkos and Kuch.. They got that because they are good and work hard. Sergachev produced well because he's a good offensive D.

Sergachev plays around 15 min per game in his first complete season and managed to get 40 pts. Give the kid credit instead of spitting bullshit.

Also, it's funny that you felt to discredit Sergachev.. If there's one player that got his stats inflated by playing with good players and on the PP it's Drouin last year with them.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't know why that even matters...we're not talking about what others said, we're talking about what Drouin said.

And again we've all acknowledged that the team is crap, why are you feeling some type of way cause he said what we all think and say every day?

He stated the obvious

It didn’t stop Gallagher from giving 100%. You didn’t hear Price using the team as an excuse for his poor play. Weber was hurt but you can be sure he would’ve taken accountability. Drouin did what management always does and went for an excuse. What he said would’ve been fine had he not added a “but” at the end of it using the team for why his effort level was poor. That’s on him.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't know why that even matters...we're not talking about what others said, we're talking about what Drouin said.

And again we've all acknowledged that the team is crap, why are you feeling some type of way cause he said what we all think and say every day?

He stated the obvious

Hes the only one using excuses..gallagher gave his all and it showed. Drouin gave his minimum, he's partly responsible for this shit season along with a few others.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Trash player with no heart got his pay day and mailed it in all year long. Sergachev almost produce as much as Golden Boy.
Bergevin speaks of character, character, character...............and then trades for JD............wow. They handed this kid the 1st line centre spot, and all of the PP time he could handle...brutal performance, but the media wont punish him, because he is a franco...such a joke.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin is a fine player. But it's honestly similar to the Weber trade in that the Canadiens gave up the slightly better asset to fix a position with a solution that wasn't worth the cost. He's been better as of lately but again, is trading for Tanguay 2.0 worth giving up a 19 year old Sergachev especially when Markov walked 4 weeks later?
This............you can't trade Sergachev, if you are going to insult Markov, and see him leave...trading Sergachev and not getting back a #1 Centre? So many things went wrong last summer...
Drouin lacks maturity and character...but he is made of teflon, so...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It didn’t stop Gallagher from giving 100%. You didn’t hear Price using the team as an excuse for his poor play. Weber was hurt but you can be sure he would’ve taken accountability. Drouin did what management always does and went for an excuse. What he said would’ve been fine had he not added a “but” at the end of it using the team for why his effort level was poor. That’s on him.
I think you're trying real hard to make a nothing soundbyte be more relevant than it is.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So Drouin's attitude on the ice this season doesn't have you worried? If he continues with the same antics of giving up on plays, pouting and sulking I don't see a chance of more productivity next season.
Non-existent effort level, avoided hits, quit on plays, consistently went to the bench at half pace after a turnover putting his teammates in trouble... just pathetic.

We really got a good view on the man this year and no wonder TB couldnt get rid of him fast enough. He's the poster boy for players who put themselves ahead of the team.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think you're trying real hard to make a nothing soundbyte be more relevant than it is.

I’ll be honest with you, the season is still fresh and you know I haven’t been happy with the first year of Drouin for more then just performance. Is it just one sentence of a soundbyte? Yes. But do you think a mature player would be bringing up the team after contributing to the teams failures the way Drouin has? I liked what he said until he made that comment. Maybe a teammate teaches him, but it’s time for him to grow up. This kid has to much talent flame out as a 40 point player getting first line minutes, regardless of the position he’s playing.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Non-existent effort level, avoided hits, quit on plays, consistently went to the bench at half pace after a turnover putting his teammates in trouble... just pathetic.

We really got a good view on the man this year and no wonder TB couldnt get rid of him fast enough. He's the poster boy for players who put themselves ahead of the team.
Honestly, although I agree with you 100%, I'm really hoping that either we are being a too little hard on him or he might grow out of it by the start of next season. I'm hoping we're wrong because if we're right this could turn badly.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
73dbc7942eeefec82a766e7e528071e8.jpg
You know how much I dislike Drouin the player but c'mon you're being a tad unfair. McJesus, really? But I agree with you that line that you highlighted has me worried. It displays no sense of accountability and a huge sense of entitlement.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You know how much I dislike Drouin the player but c'mon you're being a tad unfair. McJesus, really? But I agree with you that line that you highlighted has me worried. It displays no sense of accountability and a huge sense of entitlement.

Extreme example? Maybe.

Doesn’t change the fact that good players still find ways to produce on crap teams. Kessel in Toronto is a perfect example.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Really frustrating. Lots of talent but he just doesn't work hard enough.

Seems to be an issue on the team in general.

You would think that the media might mention this once in a while. The only place that was talked about was by the fans on social media and message boards. He got a free pass just like DD did but yet RDS gave Galchenyuk a steady diet of this:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: nhlfan9191

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Honestly, although I agree with you 100%, I'm really hoping that either we are being a too little hard on him or he might grow out of it by the start of next season. I'm hoping we're wrong because if we're right this could turn badly.

I'm usually lenient on players at large and gave Drouin ample chance. I can understand a player whos overmatched in a position he's learning, but not someone who's downright quitting and avoiding plays.

So, I dont think I'm hard on him for this year. He was a joke. Next year he might change, people change for the better all the time, but his first year is a failure.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm usually lenient on players at large and gave Drouin ample chance. I can understand a player whos overmatched in a position he's learning, but not someone who's downright quitting and avoiding plays.

So, I dont think I'm hard on him for this year. He was a joke. Next year he might change, people change for the better all the time, but his first year is a failure.
I think what you see is what you get and it's his 5 on 5 play that is the problem. In order for him to get better he really needs to up his compete level and I just don't see it and yes he is young but he should not have such bad habits at a young age. He is a complimentary player and worth nowhere near what Sergachev was/will be.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Extreme example? Maybe.

Doesn’t change the fact that good players still find ways to produce on crap teams. Kessel in Toronto is a perfect example.

Not only that, but actual point production and high yield plays are two different facets of a players evaluation.

Sometimes, you have players creating chances and the production's not following due to team circumstances (think Radulov last year) and vice versa.

Drouin's actual production wasn't only underwhelming, it was inflated by PP time and a ridiculously sheltered usage. Its sad because he barely had any impact offensively 5 on 5.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You would think that the media might mention this once in a while. The only place that was talked about was by the fans on social media and message boards. He got a free pass just like DD did but yet RDS gave Galchenyuk a steady diet of this:
giphy.gif

Double standard is open in broad daylight with a Drouin and Galchenyuk on the same team yet people will argue and fight hard to pretend nothings going on.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Our team is hopeless offensively , nobody has any vision or poise with the puck. I can understand his frustration but he should have kept it for himself.

I like that he seemed to play good with Gallagher maybe they could be a fit together. 5 on 5 i dont like him with Chucky they are too similar in the way they take risk and lost defensively.

We really need to upgrade D , how can you win when you got Alzner, Benn etc playing that many minutes ??

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Underwhelming first year, strangely expected, surprisingly not worried

We just have to add some god damn firepower for christ sakes

and maybe more than 1 D than can make a friggin breakout

But i saw the flashes i needed to see from Drouin, i definitely think he and galchenyuk played well together too, i definitely dont think he should be first line C tho..

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
giphy.gif

I am not 100% in agreement, RDS was criticizing his work ethic too. I think they gave him slack because he was placed as a no.1 center and they needed to pump his tires a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad