Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Maybe in Novice Jonathan played defense?
Bergevin should try him out, could have an even better defense than he already believes!!!!!

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
I think we should try him in nets. Price let the team down this year, we need a better goalie to carry us to the cup.

Reactions: David25

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I still have faith in this kid but not in the center position. I really believe he can be productive at wing.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He is everything Habs management think Galchenyuk is. A lazy, one dimensional, horrible defensive player that can't win faceoffs and loses every board battle.

See that puck flip and then skating through the two Bruins defenders move? Galchenyuk would have tried to toe drag and get knocked off the puck. Drouin has his shortcomings but he can do things Galchenyuk can’t even dream of, like beat players to pucks.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
See that puck flip and then skating through the two Bruins defenders move? Galchenyuk would have tried to toe drag and get knocked off the puck. Drouin has his shortcomings but he can do things Galchenyuk can’t even dream of, like beat players to pucks.

Drouin has below Desharnais level defense. He can backcheck effectively because of his speed. That's it.

Belittle Galchenyuk all you like. The truth is he's been superior to Drouin in every facet of the game. I doubt the trade will ever come close to being even.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It's sad how you remember the one good play that Drouin made the entire game, but disregard the dominant shifts by Galchenyuk.

Reactions: OldManGroin

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
He looks like a french Andrei Kostitsyn to me so far.
Plays as he sees fit, no emotion, the charisma of a mollusc.
Yup, not a fan.

Yea I can see that....every once in a while they try and have a multipoint game, maybe a good hair day or a girlfriend is in the crowd. Stevie Y sold real high on Jonathan Laflamme.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Giving away a potential franchise D. Giving a division rival a successor to their current franchise D(Hedman will eventually hit the land of the "old" in three years while Sergachev will start peaking then). Getting a 2nd line left winger who can barely score 20 goals a season and has yet to eclipse the 60 point mark and due for much worse this season. Above all, said winger was overpaid for because of motivated reasoning. The triggerman wanted Drouin to be the next Lafleur to the point of delusion. Instead, you get a soft 2nd line playmaking winger with questionable defense and lacking in physical dominance. The problem with Drouin will always be the cost it took to get such an "plain top 6 forward" and how we turned Tampa's D from just "OK" to "potentially worthy of winning the Cup".

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Was a horrible trade at the beginning but he's not at fault. He's a good player but a complimentary player not a star. He needs a play maker to play with and he'll put up solid points as a top line winger. He was never going to be a Centre in the NHL.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's sad how you remember the one good play that Drouin made the entire game, but disregard the dominant shifts by Galchenyuk.

I’m not ignoring anything. Both suck. But this is a Drouin thread and exactly zero people mentioned or compared him to Galchenyuk and you came with your agenda of comparing the two for no good reason. So I called you out on it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I’m not ignoring anything. Both suck. But this is a Drouin thread and exactly zero people mentioned or compared him to Galchenyuk and you came with your agenda of comparing the two for no good reason. So I called you out on it.
I'm not comparing. I'm just saying that Drouin is doing basically everything this management hates and have hated with players like Galchenyuk.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He played wing last night and to be honest, I expected him to be a lot more dominant. Really disappointing.
He was there for like 1 period and Boston is an incredible shutdown team. I'd be giving him more chances. It was just recently that Boston's top line was on the ice for a goal against for the very first time.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Was a horrible trade at the beginning but he's not at fault. He's a good player but a complimentary player not a star. He needs a play maker to play with and he'll put up solid points as a top line winger. He was never going to be a Centre in the NHL.

And that is ok, being a complimentary player. He’d probably be one of our best but we traded a potential franchise player for a complimentary player. Again, maybe fine if he had Radulov as his wingman.

Just saying, looking at the centers in our division, Drouin isn’t going to match well against their #1s.

Matthews
Eichel
Stamkos
Barkov
Bergeron

I’d say we are pretty even against Ottawa.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm not comparing. I'm just saying that Drouin is doing basically everything this management hates and have hated with players like Galchenyuk.

You’re right and neither is the solution down the middle. We need Ryan Poehling to be 22 years old because that’s the type of centre the two of them need between them.

Reactions: David25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad