Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
So many folks fail to understand how great offensive teams inflate stats, and bad offensive teams deflate stats. If the trade never happened, Serg would probably have half his point total, while Drouin would probably have 60-70p with Tampa.
And Drouin was not needed by that "great offensive team" they are great with or without him. Might as well fill a need eh.

Weither Drouin scores 40 points or 60 he isn't driving , he's on the passenger seat.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Drouin actually has a wicked shot, it seems like he’s starting to use it more so that’s a good thing.

Hope he gets to play at the worlds, on the wings.

He’s played better as of late. He’s no center, and he’s going to need a center and line mates to open up ice for him 5v5 even when he’s playing the wing because he’s a slow decision maker and it takes him to long to actually release the puck when he shoots. But atleast he’s showing signs that he won’t be completely useless.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Ohh please it was a bad trade and it will take a huge improvement by Drouin for that to change. it might also mean him getting a heart transplant. If I recall you are the one that was going on calling him the second most talented player after Crosby all summer which is laughable.

Umm I absolutely never did that, I've barely posted here in the last year. But I do think you have to to take into account their respective teams before making definite conclusions. At the time of the trade 90% of the people here were happy with it.

What kind of season do you think Sergachev would have had on the Habs this year?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'm going along with both the Habs Front Office GM & Asst. GM's and Tampa's GM & Asst,GM's about Drouin's abilities to become a 1st line Center. Much to love about Drouin's Talent, Character & Desire to be the Best, IMHO!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance: Bergevin & Yzerman are two of the Top talent evaluator's in the World, Drouin has played with aplomb under the microscope in the Mecca of Hockey. Not at all like some tried to say about his wanting to leave Tampa, obviously to play only in Montreal.(His lifelong dream, Sergachev was the price, I believe that deal was made when the Habs drafted Sergy.) Now as a lifelong Habs fan, I still love the deal, Drouin will hoist a Stanley Cup for Montreal.(I feel that with every fiber of this Habs fans body.) Watch this young man play, he reminds me of the passion & desire Henri Richard played with as a Habs center & Capt.(I have Henri's autographed Capt.'s picture right alongside Beliveau's & Cournoyer's,) All with Stanley Cups in their pictures, as will Drouin @(Center) like I said. Grant McCagg certainly has earned the right to block anyone(Far more Knowledgeable than armchair GM's like myself), as do all here have the right, despite how some view themselves.:walrus::walrus::walrus:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Umm I absolutely never did that, I've barely posted here in the last year. But I do think you have to to take into account their respective teams before making definite conclusions. At the time of the trade 90% of the people here were happy with it.

What kind of season do you think Sergachev would have had on the Habs this year?

Depends on how the coach uses him. He'd probably given more freedom and opportunities in the second half of the season with all the injuries but I think he would have been one of the nice surprise like Mete was.. but even better. I think he would easily hit 30+pts if used properly.

But again like I said, it depends how the coach uses him. How a kid progress depends a lot on the coach. If he gets benched for a risky play.. the kid will never play with confidence.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'm going along with both the Habs Front Office GM & Asst. GM's and Tampa's GM & Asst,GM's about Drouin's abilities to become a 1st line Center. Much to love about Drouin's Talent, Character & Desire to be the Best, IMHO!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance: Bergevin & Yzerman are two of the Top talent evaluator's in the World, Drouin has played with aplomb under the microscope in the Mecca of Hockey. Not at all like some tried to say about his wanting to leave Tampa, obviously to play only in Montreal.(His lifelong dream, Sergachev was the price, I believe that deal was made when the Habs drafted Sergy.) Now as a lifelong Habs fan, I still love the deal, Drouin will hoist a Stanley Cup for Montreal.(I feel that with every fiber of this Habs fans body.) Watch this young man play, he reminds me of the passion & desire Henri Richard played with as a Habs center & Capt.(I have Henri's autographed Capt.'s picture right alongside Beliveau's & Cournoyer's,) All with Stanley Cups in their pictures, as will Drouin @(Center) like I said. Grant McCagg certainly has earned the right to block anyone(Far more Knowledgeable than armchair GM's like myself), as do all here have the right, despite how some view themselves.:walrus::walrus::walrus:

I don't even know why you bother making long posts like this. I'm making an exception this time and waste 10 seconds of my life to answer you but nobody cares about your little game.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Lot of people were happy because they thought we were going all in and were going to sign Radulov and Markov after the draft and try to win now. If you try to win now then trading a young 19 years old dman for a skilled guy entering his prime years is not a bad trade even if the dman might be a better player. If you don't try to win now then the evaluation of the trade can be totally different.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Grant McCagg certainly has earned the right to block anyone(Far more Knowledgeable than armchair GM's like myself), as do all here have the right, despite how some view themselves.
:laugh:
Screenshot_20180402-181915.png

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Man, you must have access to some good weed.

Reactions: OldCraig71

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I used to like Grant McCagg but he probably spends too much time arguing on twitter and his comments have been so weird for a while:

I mean wtf Grant.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad