Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Bergy is not as bad as you think.
To prove to you that Bergevin is worse than we think:

Bergevin has been here 6 years now. We've needed two legit top 6 centers all of those 6 years. Today, we still need two top 6 centers.

Markov manned the top left side of the defense. Sergachev was drafted to slot into that position, eventually to take over from Markov. The Idiot doesn't re-sign Markov and to really show how stupid he is he trades Sergachev but hold on that wasn't stupid enough. He trades Sergachev for a winger but wait that's still not stupid enough, he trades for a winger that he wants to convert to center but even that hasn't hit the highest level of stupidity. The winger he trades for has a history of attitude problems both in juniors and in the NHL.

You're right Bergy is not as bad as we think. He's worse.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
24 points in his last 36 games, looking better lately.

He did indeed looked better lately. Now he just needs to do it in a winning cause like Galchenyuk did in the beginning of last year.

Still far from being convinced that he's a center though.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
To prove to you that Bergevin is worse than we think:

Bergevin has been here 6 years now. We've needed two legit top 6 centers all of those 6 years. Today, we still need two top 6 centers.

Markov manned the top left side of the defense. Sergachev was drafted to slot into that position, eventually to take over from Markov. The Idiot doesn't re-sign Markov and to really show how stupid he is he trades Sergachev but hold on that wasn't stupid enough. He trades Sergachev for a winger but wait that's still not stupid enough, he trades for a winger that he wants to convert to center but even that hasn't hit the highest level of stupidity. The winger he trades for has a history of attitude problems both in juniors and in the NHL.

You're right Bergy is not as bad as we think. He's worse.
Bergevin like Gainey did not get a legit top 6 center. Gainey had one with Koivu but never did get another one of quality and did not draft one so when Koivu went to Ana, he was forced to hire Gomez with his horrible contract. Drouin have attiture problem? So was Galchenyuk and Tinordi, Beaulieu and McCarron. But I've seen worse attitude problem than Drouin. What's the big deal? Lot of young hockey players have bad attitude. Ron Hainsey had bad attitude but had a long career.

As for Markov, he was old and was going to decline or retire in a year or two. We all know Bergy messed up with Markov but mistakes happens, like car accidents. It could be horrible if Markov was 29 years old but he was 37.

Thing is : centers are rare and over-expensive to get. Look at Duchene trade, look at Backes getting a 5 year contract at the age of 32. It is very very very difficult to get a valuable center by trade. Next summer we are lucky if we could sign Bozak or Statsny. But don't expect TT to draft a top 6 center because he just can't (oh you will say Galchenyuk is a top 6 center, yes you're right, and he's better than Bergeron, Kreji, Barkov and Mohanan) lol.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He did indeed looked better lately. Now he just needs to do it in a winning cause like Galchenyuk did in the beginning of last year.

Still far from being convinced that he's a center though.
If Bergevin or his replacement sign a valuable center that problem of centers is partially solved and MB (or his replacement) can concentrate on signing a valuable D to pair with Weber.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not prepared to write off any player as young as Drouin, especially after a season in which the entire team laid an egg. He's playing on a new team at a new position. Personally I'd rather move Galchenyuk to center and put Drouin on the wing but management has kept telling everyone that 27 can't play center for so long that to switch him now would mean admitting that they were wrong which they aren't big enough to do.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
We don't have anything great with our prospects to start with. MB traded Tinordi, Patteryn, Andrighetto, Beaulieu, Weber (the other one, lol), Diaz, Lessio, Pallushay, etc, do you see a super star there? No I guess. Ok he traded a rare valuable d in Sergachev but I saw worse in the history like Milbury and Houle. The thing is, our draft team aren't able to draft a decent center so we have to find by trades and ufa our #1 C, #3 C and #4 C, if you say Plekky was our #2 C. Try to find a contender team that doesn't developp his centers, relying only on trades or ufa signing.

I know all the names I mentioned you don't like these players but they are what the Habs are made up by his own draft. At least they are nhl players so they might become better or have some value on the market. I think there is material for some trades.

Yeah, lets compare Bergevin to some off the worst gms to ever work in the NHL. Way to set the bar high and what a valuable argument to make to defend Bergevin. "He's not as bad as the worst" or "I've seen worst in the history of the NHL"

Wouldn't be better if we would be wondering if MB might be one of the best GMs that the Montreal Canadians has ever hired?

The fact that you are comparing him with the worst gms and not the best gms should make you realize that its time to move on from MB and start fresh. He's just a really bad gm.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
he's definitely looked WAY better with the speedy wingers Byron and Gallagher on his wing ...if only we could get someone as gritty but a bit biger on their line instead of byron..

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
This team would be crap with or without Sergachev just like it's crap with or without Drouin. No one player could have moved the needle for a team this bad. The Habs are 3 players away from being 3 players away.

Reactions: dralaf and 417

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
i think its safe to call this trade a loss.....i would rather have sergachev then drouin

Lol both players are so young you can't say that after less than a year. Sergachev's stats are inflated by playing on a top team while Drouin's are not.

How would Sergachev have done here this year? Probably around 2- points and minus 25.

Reactions: dralaf

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Lol both players are so young you can't say that after less than a year. Sergachev's stats are inflated by playing on a top team while Drouin's are not.

How would Sergachev have done here this year? Probably around 2- points and minus 25.
People use this argument a lot. Is this supposed to help absolve Bergevin in some way? "Yeah (the guy we dealt) wouldn't have done as well here LOL" And the reason that guy would perform worse here is because the guy in change of player movement has turned the whole roster into a black hole. Maybe we should try a new GM, perhaps one who will make the team better and maybe someday, we can only hope, we can acquire players who we will use properly and they will blossom here.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Bergevin like Gainey did not get a legit top 6 center. Gainey had one with Koivu but never did get another one of quality and did not draft one so when Koivu went to Ana, he was forced to hire Gomez with his horrible contract. Drouin have attiture problem? So was Galchenyuk and Tinordi, Beaulieu and McCarron. But I've seen worse attitude problem than Drouin. What's the big deal? Lot of young hockey players have bad attitude. Ron Hainsey had bad attitude but had a long career.

As for Markov, he was old and was going to decline or retire in a year or two. We all know Bergy messed up with Markov but mistakes happens, like car accidents. It could be horrible if Markov was 29 years old but he was 37.

Thing is : centers are rare and over-expensive to get. Look at Duchene trade, look at Backes getting a 5 year contract at the age of 32. It is very very very difficult to get a valuable center by trade. Next summer we are lucky if we could sign Bozak or Statsny. But don't expect TT to draft a top 6 center because he just can't (oh you will say Galchenyuk is a top 6 center, yes you're right, and he's better than Bergeron, Kreji, Barkov and Mohanan) lol.

Uncle Bob wasn’t forced to hire Gomez, he traded for Gomez and after made the decision to let go of Koivu.

Horrible move!

Reactions: Harpo

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
People use this argument a lot. Is this supposed to help absolve Bergevin in some way? "Yeah (the guy we dealt) wouldn't have done as well here LOL" And the reason that guy would perform worse here is because the guy in change of player movement has turned the whole roster into a black hole. Maybe we should try a new GM, perhaps one who will make the team better and maybe someday, we can only hope, we can acquire players who we will use properly and they will blossom here.

Most people use that argument to defend Drouin the player, not to defend Bergevin. Drouin hasn't been that great here so far, but he just turned 23, has played a new position all year and is on one of the worst teams in the league.. yet by reading these boards it sounds like we got a 30 year old who has no chance of improving and will be a 40 point player his whole career.

I agree the issue is the GM not making the team better, toss in dinosaur coaches like Sly/Julien and it is hard for young players to develop into their full potential.. especially when they are often put out of position or benched for veteran plugs.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
i think its safe to call this trade a loss.....i would rather have sergachev then drouin

Still too early to write this story. Serge has had a great first year in Tampa but at some point they won't be able to shelter him like they are today. He starts 70% of the time in the O zone which is almost unheard of and he plays for a ridiculously offensive team - he's 9th in scoring.

All that said he appears to have a big time future, and is super young....will be interesting to see how he can adapt to playing both ends of the ice.

I definatley expected more of Drouin though, next better be a good one!

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Funny how you avoid giving props to Galchenyuk.

Anyhow, Drouin has been a disappointment (like most players on the team) this season but really hoping he turns things around next season.

I'm a big fan of Drouin and hoping for the best, not just for him, but for the team as well.

Belial refuses to give Galchenyuk props because Galchenyuk is usually associated with the anti-bergevin sentiment around here. Its nothing to do with the actual player. Drouin is a pretty similar player to what Galchenyuk was at the end of last season. One player got bashed, the other praised. He'll then go and gives props to Drouin for accomplishing lesser/the same things that Galchenyuk has done. He even refers to Chucky as 'golden boy' even though it is quite obvious to everybody with a pair of working eyes and ears who the real 'golden boy' is on this team. It's classic agenda propagation.

Then he has the balls to accuse other posters of being "biased". I laugh every time.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
So many folks fail to understand how great offensive teams inflate stats, and bad offensive teams deflate stats. If the trade never happened, Serg would probably have half his point total, while Drouin would probably have 60-70p with Tampa.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
So many folks fail to understand how great offensive teams inflate stats, and bad offensive teams deflate stats. If the trade never happened, Serg would probably have half his point total, while Drouin would probably have 60-70p with Tampa.

We need a puck moving offensive dman more than a pp winger. Asset management . We got piss poor value for sergashev. I'd like to see what bergevin would get for drouin today lmao I guarantee you he's not worth a d prospect like serg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad