Prospect Info: Jon Gillies

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Any chance you guys wanna let us keep him one more year. I'd love a repeat and I think it would be great for his development:sarcasm:. Nonetheless I'll be keeping an eye on him and the Flames especially with Janko also being a Calgary pick. Janko while somewhat pedestrian during the regular season had a big post season. Good luck in the playoffs, with my Bruins melting down I'll be pulling for you guys!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Any chance you guys wanna let us keep him one more year. I'd love a repeat and I think it would be great for his development:sarcasm:. Nonetheless I'll be keeping an eye on him and the Flames especially with Janko also being a Calgary pick. Janko while somewhat pedestrian during the regular season had a big post season. Good luck in the playoffs, with my Bruins melting down I'll be pulling for you guys!
Do you think Janko's early season shoulder injury nagged him throughout the year? Watching Gilmour in the NCAA Tournament I feel like he was still suffering through his hand injury.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Do you think Janko's early season shoulder injury nagged him throughout the year? Watching Gilmour in the NCAA Tournament I feel like he was still suffering through his hand injury.

That could have played a role, at times he seemed extremely timid to muck it up and go in the corners. But to be honest there was never a lot of talk about his injury throughout the year among fans down here. To his credit he elevated his game in the tournament and hopefully we see his game continue to move in the right direction next year and tournament Janko becomes the night in and night out Janko. In fairness to his less than stellar number, PC does not play a system favorable to offensive playmakers like Janko, they're a defensive team who love mucking it up and lean heavily on their All-American goalie. Gilmour was never back to 100% after the injury.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That could have played a role, at times he seemed extremely timid to muck it up and go in the corners. But to be honest there was never a lot of talk about his injury throughout the year among fans down here. To his credit he elevated his game in the tournament and hopefully we see his game continue to move in the right direction next year and tournament Janko becomes the night in and night out Janko. In fairness to his less than stellar number, PC does not play a system favorable to offensive playmakers like Janko, they're a defensive team who love mucking it up and lean heavily on their All-American goalie. Gilmour was never back to 100% after the injury.
The reason I was wondering about his shoulder is that his shots taken were down 20%

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[mod]

To say that this is a great signing and I look forward to seeing what Gillies can do now and in the future.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2014
vhyfxm.jpg

Can we also has Janko pls?

sureloss

Jan 5, 2006
Flames made it official. 3 year ELC.

Treliving told reporters that the contract has stated as of "30 minutes ago". Therefore the first year is burned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad