Prospect Info: Jon Gillies

TylerSVT*

That could really change if Berra decides to pursue a contract elsewhere. He is a UFA at the end of the season.

But hey, maybe Burke and Co look at Anaheim and think they might want to pursue a similar model. Burke loves his competition for spots.

True. One thing is for sure, we have a decent Goaltending base.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I was expecting him to play at least his junior year. I don't see any reason to get your goalie prospects to go pro as soon as possible just because you can.

TylerSVT*

I was expecting him to play at least his junior year. I don't see any reason to get your goalie prospects to go pro as soon as possible just because you can.

Apparently he hates school.

TylerSVT*

I don't know where you got that from.. But even if it's true it's probably in his best interest to stick with his education in case his hockey career doesn't work out.

Ive seen it mentioned numerous times on CP, guys asking him when he was here for training camp.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mediocre 1st month among the best in his league since

Probably could say a really bad first month.
Since then he's surpassing all his previous (and already incredibly good) records in college. He'll go pro after this season says my guy.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Probably could say a really bad first month.
Since then he's surpassing all his previous (and already incredibly good) records in college. He'll go pro after this season says my guy.

I agree, Ortio has a one way next year. They are clearing Afirondack for gillies to refine his craft as the starter. High hopes for this guy.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
1,90 and .938

And he had a bad start?

Damn. Not sure what kind of stats he'd have if he had a good start haha.

Was wondering if you guys think he's your future starter ?

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I think Gillies is a future starter, yeah. I think he is the sole (if not one of the biggest) reasons Providence plays the system they do and why they've found success in doing it. Very well rounded and had a great World Junior resume, and a big frame that GMs are usually looking for in goalies these days

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He was avoiding the question. I think the odds he returns for another year in college are <5%. What I've heard in the past is that he doesn't like school. Dodging the question sounds like something he had prepared with his agent.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He was avoiding the question. I think the odds he returns for another year in college are <5%. What I've heard in the past is that he doesn't like school. Dodging the question sounds like something he had prepared with his agent.

I felt his response was extremely coached. He's had 2 really good seasons now, I'm not saying he can't get better in college, but turning pro next season I think would be a challenge he should take next year. He's probably going to need 2 seasons in the AHL before he's ready for the NHL, I think he can handle/ready the jump.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Looks like he's staying one more year. Not the worst outcome
That's not very perceptive. He said nothing of the sort, he's giving a coaches answer; he doesn't want to be a distraction to the team. Gillies wanted to go pro last season if you can believe rumors, no reason why that would change now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad