Jimmy Vesey (going to the Rangers)

Killer Boots Man

Jul 8, 2015
It's really easy to look at what this team lost (and missed out on), and talk about everything this team can't be, but I usually expect that type of talk from non-fans.

I look at what this team is bringing back, and I'm really excited for what could be if everything clicks.

This is a team led by one of the best two-way centers in the world (don't care what some of you say), one of the best all-around defensemen in the world, one of the best shutdown defensemen in the world, the NHL's reigning MVP, the NHL's reigning Calder Trophy winner, and a top-10 goalie.

The supporting cast is nothing to write off either, and most teams would love to pluck guys from this team's secondary group.

As for the kids; some may hit, others may miss, but I'm confident the success of this season will not hinge on Motte or Schmaltz.

There is so much senseless negativity over the upcoming season by some posters and i think it is really ridiculous, especially since it was sparked by a projected 30 point player choosing the Rangers.

Bottom line, I'd much rather go down with my ship than jump ship before it even leaves port.

Well said. The Hawks will still be favorites for the cup. All they do is win win win no matter what. 3 cups in six years

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kruger was healthy for a large chunk of last season and was terrible. He also had some struggles in 14-15 before having strong playoff

That contract he got is just as bad as Seabrook's and he is another one to list of players that needs to step up bigtime to justify the contract

Killer Boots Man

Jul 8, 2015
So Fernando Pisani then?

Also we do need one of these guys to be a top 6 player ,, Incase you haven't noticed we don't have two top 6 LW's and Hossa is fading

The Hawks very much need someone to play in top 6. Neither Tanguay or Flash is that guy and again after that playoff performance the Hawks should be well beyond wanting to see Flash play for Hawks again

You're right. We need a top six player on our team, which means we need someone to step up and perform as a top 180 nhl player (30 teams X 6). Panarin last year was top TEN. relax

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
23vl1r5.gif

I honestly wonder if some of you enjoy hockey or if you just randomly picked something to project your misery onto.

Lighten up, folks.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
23vl1r5.gif

I honestly wonder if some of you enjoy hockey or if you just randomly picked something to project your misery onto.

Lighten up, folks.

it's all good. We will be fine and a serious contender. Don't let some morons spoil it.

Exciting time to be a fan. This is pre-2013 all over again. Will the kids do anything? if we get a lot of yes's it's a VERY happy time like pre-2013.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
it's all good. We will be fine and a serious contender. Don't let some morons spoil it.

Exciting time to be a fan. This is pre-2013 all over again. Will the kids do anything? if we get a lot of yes's it's a VERY happy time like pre-2013.

Problem with that analogy is the reality that our core is now older and not getting any younger

Hossa is already on decline , Seabrook may be as well

Crawford and Keith are in 30's. Hammer is on verge of 30 and Toews/Kane are in late 20's

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Problem with that analogy is the reality that our core is now older and not getting any younger

Crawford and Keith are in 30's. Hammer is on verge of 30 and Toews/Kane are in late 20's

Then just pack up and go home if this team is too old for you.

And while I wasn't on the boards at the time, I've seen plenty of posters mention how you called for Bowman to be a seller before the '15 Cup. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You're right. We need a top six player on our team, which means we need someone to step up and perform as a top 180 nhl player (30 teams X 6). Panarin last year was top TEN. relax

Number 180 is in theory the worst second line player in the NHL. I don't think that's what we're aspiring for.

If soupy plays great, and Kempny plays great, and schmaltz/McNeill/Hartman play great, and Toews/Seabs have bounce-back years, then we can definitely make a strong run. The odds of all that happening isn't likely.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
This thread should close and the current posts belong in the line combo thread.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am glad this joke is over. Let him see mommy every weekend and win zip on the Rags. Curious how they will fit bonuses under cap. Everyone should have known he was staying on the east coast and not had their hopes up.

I think if posters want to comment on the age of our roster, lack of quality support cast, etc. that is what a message board is for. Calling them a non fan because they don't agree with a point, or don't hang their hat on past glories of the club as the basis for reasoning, is very very weak. We all know how some posters are and they are very passionate fans despite their posts.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kruger was healthy for a large chunk of last season and was terrible. He also had some struggles in 14-15 before having strong playoff

That contract he got is just as bad as Seabrook's and he is another one to list of players that needs to step up bigtime to justify the contract

He really wasn't. Kruger was actually good when he came back.

The contract is no where close to Seabrooks from a "bad" stand point. Do you not know how to math or how time works?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Vesey said during his conference call that Hayes had a huge impact on his decision.

Interesting

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010

Who cares, they are all still really good. So if any of these kids turn out to be really good, Saad/Frolik/Shaw, we are good.

Schmaltz I think has the best chance to be good, with Motte 2nd. With improved D, with Kempny being key to be REALLY good, we don't need the scoring of 2013, or 2105, so that helps.

Get the glass at least half full, wtf.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Number 180 is in theory the worst second line player in the NHL. I don't think that's what we're aspiring for.

If soupy plays great, and Kempny plays great, and schmaltz/McNeill/Hartman play great, and Toews/Seabs have bounce-back years, then we can definitely make a strong run. The odds of all that happening isn't likely.

Yeah but if all that happens, we win going away. We don't need all that at all to get Cup #4.

I agree Kempy is gigantic. If he truly is a #4-#5 guy, wow. We are uber set at D. I don't disagree we need 1 kid to be solid and be good and end up being good and getting that 3+M contract at sometime in his career. We need one. If we get one we are right there, get 2 and it's Cup or bust.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Vesey said during his conference call that Hayes had a huge impact on his decision.

Interesting

Hence my comment on how Kayes sucks lol. Man that guy. Did us twice. Did I post I love we hoisted the Cup in his face. Oh yeah I did, oops.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Anyway, would be interested in acquiring Hudler if we can make it work with the cap.

Hopefully Hudler isn't tight with Kevin Hayes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...they got their man 2 times over on Chicago..1st wining the K.Hayes freebie ...now the Vesey freebie...

AND so the Lustre of Chicago as the prime attractive team to want to go to when free is in shambles. .pure myth.

Obviously The Big Apple holds sway as the #1 freebie destination.

Also the "all in " full court press Chicago tried to land him failed as miserably as tge "all in" try at tge trade deadline last season..both miserable fails.

Humbling pie for Stanbo,McD ,Q and Kane and Toews who were spit on by this rejection.. Not as attractive a group to a college freebie as tge bright lights of Broadway and all those New York celebs that the Rangers used to land these freebie prizes.

Sobering to the "contender" argument and tge attractions of Chicago as a city to want to live and pkay in...

Lessons for future..forget these freebie sweepstakes for ensuing future college senior grads who go to free agency on Aug. 15th in future years spurn ing the teams that originally drafted them ...Especially if the are New England ers or East Coasters ...they have no interest in going to thh Mid-west or anywhere that far from their natural East Coast home areas.NY or mayve NJ is as far as they will go from Beantown ..so forget iton these types of colkege Senior grads exploiting the CBA to be allowed to go free and choose whwre to sign aborting tge draft rights holding them to their draft team or to teams that team traded their rights to till Aug 15th..Unless they are from the mid-west or maybe parts further west and south should tge Hawks ever again invest any energy trying to land.Those Nor'Easters are not worth ever pursuing again..Lessons learned...

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016

Interesting

Interesting indeed. If he made his decision based on whatever Hayes said or even playing with Hayes was a reason to sign with NY I believe that the Hawks and all the other teams have been spared.

BHFan

Aug 9, 2015
I'm glad Vesey decided on NYR. At least we don't have to watch him getting Q'ed. I'm looking forward to seeing what Motte and Schmaltz can do. And I'm holding out hope that Panik might be a diamond in the rough. He just needs a little time.

For those who can't stop bashing Toews (and for those of us who are fans), Logan Couture wrote an article for The Player's Tribune listing his top five toughest defensemen in the NHL. Duncan Keith was No. 3. And Anje Kopitar and Jonathan Toews tied for 5th. Read the essay and see what other players think about Toews, about what he does on the ice beyond scoring points. I can understand why he's as respected as he is throughout the league.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If being with his brosef is that important the Rangers can have him. That's just kinda clownish if it was really as impactful as it sounds like it was to him.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Man this team is so thin up front, I am disappointed we didnt get him. This team is a Kane going down in injury away from scoring 1.5 goals a game lol. Pathetic job by Stan, he lost Dano, TT, Saad, Johns(D), etc. all these young guys that he could have kept if he didnt make so many mistakes. Ya ya say your counter points (cups, cups, cups), looking at the offense, it is just depressing. We are probably gonna be top 10 lowest scoring team in the league next year. Also with all those rookies up top, you are bound to have defensive break downs as the D cant cover everything. You know its sad when you are counting on guys like Shmaltz and Motte to be top 6 players right out of the gate.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I think when speaking of players like Keith you can't say the world decline. He is a fitness freak and someone who I can see being dominant for many years.

Injuries are another story.

Hossa is clearly declining but come playoff time he's almost elite again.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Wants to play with his BFF and stay near his mommy. What is this guy, 12 years old? Whatever, his decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: