Jimmy Vesey (going to the Rangers)

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I haven't heard his name talked about on this board so I thought I'd bring him up. Very good LW prospect in the Preds system and lots of rumors he's definitely not sold on signing with them after the NCAA season.

I'm not creating this post to suggest he can solve their LW problem this season, but what is the likelyhood of the Hawks being involved for his services?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
All about wherever he wants to play at this point, but I'd be all for making a move for him to play a handful of games at the end of this season and then have a roster spot for him next season if things work out.

Not holding my breath, though. We certainly won't be the only team that'd be interested in him and, quite frankly, we'd probably be one of the hardest teams to elicit a guaranteed roster spot out of, too.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'd actually think he would have a good chance of making this roster next year if he signed. For top 6 LW's we have Panarin and.....nothing. All we have in terms of LW prospects are bottom 6ers, college prospects, and RWs forced to play the left side.

Plus we're a cup contender most years.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
He would have an opportunity to compete for a top-six spot on a team that could have four Cups in seven seasons. It's there if he wants it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He would have an opportunity to compete for a top-six spot on a team that could have four Cups in seven seasons. It's there if he wants it.

If he's that good, just send him a video of Saad and news clip of the second contract he signed with Columbus. Playing with Toews and either TT or Hossa will be beneficial for his wallet. Additionally, he could play in every Winter Classics going forward ... ever. If that's not enough, he be an immediate nominee for the exclusive Q's Country Club. We could also offer free puppies, hot dogs, and an all expense trip to Machu Picchu.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He's going to sign with the Leafs.

His father is a Scout for them and they have the rights for his brother

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He's going to sign with the Leafs.

His father is a Scout for them and they have the rights for his brother

Why would he want to play in a basketball city; be irrelevant; and never get to play in a Winter Classic? We had Jimmy Hayes in our system and Kevin still refused to sign. :)

Plus, I just want to witness another Toronto meltdown. It would be epic.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This meme was really funny at 1st. Beating it into the ground much? :laugh:

I'd actually like to spread it on the main board ... but if you make one harmless sarcastic remark about their cherished Leafs, they're up in arms.

I once suggested that the Maple Leafs consider relocating to Chicago since they were so desperate to host the Winter Classic. They didn't take it too kindly.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd be all for signing him. He'd get a Chance to Play in the NHL with us and could end up on a line with Toews - if he deserves it and Plays like this.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Depending on how things shake out over the start of the summer, definitely a strong possibility he could walk into camp as the favourite to get a top 6 spot if he signs.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Don't Preds keep his rights till the draft?

I think so. That's why I said he's not the option for this season, but with our cap issues and need at LW I like him as an option obviously for next year.

Like others have said...most if not all 30 teams should offer this guy a contract. He should have every chance to be a top 6 forward on the Hawks though and that could very well appeal to him ala Panarin.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
every team is going after this kid, and according to Vesey Nashville is still in the mix (which I don't believe at all).

he is in the top 10 prospects in the world right now, can step right in and play a top 6 role out the gate. we would be blessed to snag this kid and we have room in the top 6 for him so maybe we have a shot here. didn't work out so well with Mike Reilly who spurned us to go to Minny, but Vesey is a smart kid and I will bet anything Toronto is not a destination for him....way too much pressure to play in that circus show for a rookie to step into.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
every team is going after this kid, and according to Vesey Nashville is still in the mix (which I don't believe at all).

he is in the top 10 prospects in the world right now, can step right in and play a top 6 role out the gate. we would be blessed to snag this kid and we have room in the top 6 for him so maybe we have a shot here. didn't work out so well with Mike Reilly who spurned us to go to Minny, but Vesey is a smart kid and I will bet anything Toronto is not a destination for him....way too much pressure to play in that circus show for a rookie to step into.

I think its ridiculous to write off Toronto but if they were out of the picture then the Hawks are the clear destination unless something weird happens and we have Panarin and Boedker/JVR locked up for years at that point (which I don't see happening).

He also isn't another Panarin though. Panarin was a finished product coming here. He's still a prospect.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
He wears number 19. Maybe a big fan of Toews? Selling point of a chance to play on the same line as Toews.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well he cannot be in playoffs this season...He could be a top six for any team out of the gate next season...BUT there are ramifications ..if we landed Vesey.it probably means Motte stays for his Senior year and pulls a K.Hayes/Vesey on us in the summer of 2017 ....Since both top six LW spits with us will be filled ...unless we promise him a top line RW spot as we put Hossa out to pasture via tge expansion draft or if no expansion drop Hossa to 3rd line by 2017 summer...OR ..
If we land Vesey and then promise Motte the RW job if he leaves Michigan in simmer 2016...then our 1st line would be Vesey Toews and Motte...serious scoring from line #1 ..so do it Stan do it! Of course we would only get a 2 yr cheap return on Vesey and a 3 year ELC on Motte from summer of 2016...but we can hope that over that time there is expansion in 2017 or 2018 ...we shall need to dump Hossa and Seabrook by then to gain cap room ...to keep our stable of top forward talent with these 2 plus Panarin...and so tge plum of starting next year immediately with Toews should be a good incentive for vesey and if he joins then fir Motte to leave early and join too..We should be down lining Hossa next year anyway ...Then we need to stagger it so that Schmaltz does not come out early next summer but stays at least through his junior year to be our 3C by 2017 unless he has top six aspirations elsewhere ...

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2i7b7_ysiY

I think motte signs this year along with Hayden and Forsling and schmaltz. in regard to Vesey. I don't think anybody thinks Motte is ready as a top paring guy, Vesey is 22 months older then Motte. That would mean he would need to stay one more year making no money and probably not being able to work on his game as much. Plus a Harvard degree means more then MICH. and going back and paying to finish is much easier at Mich.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
The length of the entry-level contract is also dependent on the player’s age: •18-21 years of age: 3 years
•22-23 years of age: 2 years
•24 years of age: 1 year

now in a year and 1/2 aug 2017 he would only have to sign a 2 year compared to a 3 year.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2i7b7_ysiY

I think motte signs this year along with Hayden and Forsling and schmaltz. in regard to Vesey. I don't think anybody thinks Motte is ready as a top paring guy, Vesey is 22 months older then Motte. That would mean he would need to stay one more year making no money and probably not being able to work on his game as much. Plus a Harvard degree means more then MICH. and going back and paying to finish is much easier at Mich.

Michigan while ranked below Harvard is still a top ranked university. So actually it all depends on the degree to decide which has more value. Going back and finishing either school is the same difficulty. Michigan is actually fighting grade inflation harder than Harvard is from my knowledge (friend who went Harvard and family at Michigan).

I could see Motte staying if the Hawks want him to or him seeing the Hawks are signing Schmaltz. There is room for both but Schmaltz seems to be the more likely player to make the jump at this point to the NHL. Motte would need to spend a year in the AHL which is fine.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Fiddy - if the potential Vesey (rookie) - Toews - Motte (rookie) is our #1 scoring line next year, the Hawks are either in trouble OR the greatest team ever. I'll bet the former.

The Toronto fans expect / hope Vesey signs with the Maple Leafs. I can make ONE GUARANTEE: if the Hawks somehow sign Vesey, the main board will flip. Dumpsters, garbage cans, and couches will be set on fire. Wild unruly abandoned dogs would come to roam. Old unkept women would lament about the cheating Hawks. It would be quite a sight ... in Toronto.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Tyler is from Michigan so his tuition would be .25 of Harvard and big difference from a school rated #30 and #1 or #2

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Tyler is from Michigan so his tuition would be .25 of Harvard and big difference from a school rated #30 and #1 or #2

Not really. Some Michigan degrees are better than Harvard ones.

Harvard cost. http://https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/how-aid-works/cost-attendance

Michigan cost. (remember to take x2) http://www.ro.umich.edu/tuition/tuition-fees.php#fullterm
http://www.collegecalc.org/colleges/michigan/university-of-michigan-ann-arbor/

The only way it would be cheap like you think would be if he maintained residency in MI but he would be in Rockford for 2 years so I doubt he would.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00