Jimmy Vesey (going to the Rangers)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Danault move was not needed and was pointless/bad from moment it was made

With acquisition of Ladd we were going to have Shaw slot into bottom 6 (And automatic upgrade) and Kruger was set to be back for playoffs so another guy for bottom 6

We didn't need the trash from Habs especially at the cost. And Danault proved to be defensively ready for NHL. There was no reason not to have him as our #4C going into playoffs and future to replace Kruger (Who should not have been extended)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Given the option between Danault and Kruger, you obviously keep Kruger.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Dank is a much bigger loss than Danault, but for a team in win-now mode, an NHL ready player that the coach was high on was deemed more valuable than a promising prospect the coach wouldn't play.

Sometimes context forces a gamble that doesn't work out.

More Blackhawks dice rolls have come up 7s than snake-eyes. Hence 3 cups in 6 years.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Dank is a much bigger loss than Danault, but for a team in win-now mode, an NHL ready player that the coach was high on was deemed more valuable than a promising prospect the coach wouldn't play.

Sometimes context forces a gamble that doesn't work out.

More Blackhawks dice rolls have come up 7s than snake-eyes. Hence 3 cups in 6 years.

You have an excuse for everything, you should be the spokesman of the organization. It's all rainbows and butterflies and white Knights in capes on horses.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Actually, JD is rather critical often of the organization.

Lmao that's funny, seeing is believing, show me one post please. Let's keep the obvious out though, the obvious is the personel that everyone is critical of.

Last edited:

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
So your saying without Keith he is not good?

If that is case its a further indictment against the contract Stanley gave him

75% of the time he played with 2 AHL dmen and and a third pair guy.

Per Dobber Hockey

2015-2016 Line Combinations & Production
Even Strength Line Combinations
Freq Line Combination
31.3% SEABROOK,BRENT - VAN RIEMSDYK,TREVOR
22.7% GUSTAFSSON,ERIK - SEABROOK,BRENT
22.5% SEABROOK,BRENT - SVEDBERG,VIKTOR
13% HJALMARSSON,NIKLAS - SEABROOK,BRENT
10.4% KEITH,DUNCAN - SEABROOK,BRENT
- See more at: http://dobberhockey.com/players/brent-seabrook#sthash.jPDOXqvn.dpuf

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
You have an excuse for everything, you should be the spokesman of the organization. It's all rainbows and butterflies and white Knights in capes on horses.

Lol, you have no idea how often Ive been criticized (in many cases, rightfully), for not having enough faith in this team, this core and this coaching staff.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Lmao that's funny, seeing is believing, show me one post please. Let's keep the obvious out though, the obvious is the personel that everyone is critical of.

You're an adult, you can use the search function and do a little reading to prove yourself wrong and see to your believing little heart's desire.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I dont want to go searching for unicorns...

w21oilJLq2T72.gif

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It was not just slowness with Seabs especially in the d-zone...UT was that so often he hardly moved from a stationary position...not just that he would lose footages to loose pucks ...worse..he often never even bothered trying! Either he was physically and mentally exhausted and lacked the energy and will to COMPETITION hard on the puck and checks in addition to the slow gnof his skating (too much weoght/lack of conditionining) ....OR he just did not care enough to bother playing hard in compete mode because he was admiring g the big fat paychecks on his new contract to come his way in future once tge new extention wild commence)....he knew he had it made with big bucks and naturally he went all Country Club on us..

You are correct..the Tired excuse cannot cut it this season..So either he cones back in shape and mentally willing to compete hard like in prior years or we have seen him in decline to short-cut and punching the clock to just collect the grave train of dough from his bank account...IF he has pride he will show boince-back form
..if not ...he is list to bum.mode and that fat contract for that length was a huge mistake by our top brass.So...yes...intesting to see which Seabrook shows up this season...the competitor or the relax...take the easy route/who cares/only the regular season so hardly need to try/ version?I hope we get the competitor back...even if slower than his mid-20s now...you still gotta TRY to compete...will can make up for a lot...but a combo of declining ability plus a poor compete attitude. .
That combination is deadly bad fir any team.Let us hope we do.not see that story play out again this set on.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Or there are also times you know when you can take risks and when you can't be aggressive depending on what you have for help with you.

Even Keith had troubles more when he played with Dylan Olsen or Nick Leddy as youngins when he tried to do too much. You get out of place and you're left with nothing safe back.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Given the option between Danault and Kruger, you obviously keep Kruger.

Why is it one or the other? I just don't understand this way of thinking, it's mind numbing to say the least. Danault could have been had for two more years for peanuts. He is better than anyone available right now as a 4th line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad