Jimmy Vesey (going to the Rangers)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hudler is not the PF we need. If Stan can't get something done, I can see Hossa staying in the top 6 with Toews and a rookie.

Completely agree. Hudler is a RW anyways. Hawks already have Kane, Hossa and I'm sure they wanna give Schmaltz and/or Hartman/Hinostroza a shot. That's not even counting Panik who can play RW as well as LW. We are thin on LWers. Let's hope Motte impresses, Panik takes a step and Panarin stays healthy.

galaxytrash

Mar 24, 2008
Thailand
It's really easy to look at what this team lost (and missed out on), and talk about everything this team can't be, but I usually expect that type of talk from non-fans.

I look at what this team is bringing back, and I'm really excited for what could be if everything clicks.

This is a team led by one of the best two-way centers in the world (don't care what some of you say), one of the best all-around defensemen in the world, one of the best shutdown defensemen in the world, the NHL's reigning MVP, the NHL's reigning Calder Trophy winner, and a top-10 goalie.

The supporting cast is nothing to write off either, and most teams would love to pluck guys from this team's secondary group.

As for the kids; some may hit, others may miss, but I'm confident the success of this season will not hinge on Motte or Schmaltz.

There is so much senseless negativity over the upcoming season by some posters and i think it is really ridiculous, especially since it was sparked by a projected 30 point player choosing the Rangers.

Bottom line, I'd much rather go down with my ship than jump ship before it even leaves port.

2 enthusiastic thumbs up for this post.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Kevin Hayes to Vesey, "Bro, you really want to go there? Play one bad game and are in Q's dog house? Come here and you're playing all season"

KHayes was scratched multiple times last year, including the playoffs. VIgneault backed the bus over him pretty hard last April. I doubt Vesey's agent would have let him take any of the talk about KHayes' experience with Chicago seriously.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Completely agree. Hudler is a RW anyways. Hawks already have Kane, Hossa and I'm sure they wanna give Schmaltz and/or Hartman/Hinostroza a shot. That's not even counting Panik who can play RW as well as LW. We are thin on LWers. Let's hope Motte impresses, Panik takes a step and Panarin stays healthy.

Hudler can play both wings (Did so in Det)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I see plenty of potential and positives

- I expect Kane/Panarin to be good again
- I expect continued improvement from TVR
- I think some of the rookies should have success
- I expect solid play from Crawford/Darling if healthy

But people like me are just pointing out the many flaws this team has. Some of which helped sink them last season and were not improved (Upfront our depth has been gutted even more severely)

The reality was last season this team was one line team and that one line + Crawford carried them all year. You cant win cup with that formula in today's NHL

Stan improved the D with Campbell signing but the exodus of Ladd/Shaw/TT in summer made an already troublesome forward lineup truly a potential nightmare

Expecting Motte , Schmaltz , etc to all come in and thrive just because Panarin did is absurd and unrealistic. The Hawks have very few sure bet prospects and a lot of guys who are questionable at this point. McNeill + Hartman both have thus far failed to live up to expectations within organization (McNeill especially) and there are legit doubts about ability of both to contribute at NHL level at this point

Then we have the biggest issue that even the most positive people concede. The continued decline of play from #7

That contract is a killer if he doesn't turn things around. Seabs previous years of up and down play were worrisome. But this past year he was horrific and given age/contract this is very concerning

Also our already think wing depth is even more troubling when you factor in decline of Hossa at this point

The negatives simply outweigh the positives at this point

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I see plenty of potential and positives

- I expect Kane/Panarin to be good again
- I expect continued improvement from TVR
- I think some of the rookies should have success
- I expect solid play from Crawford/Darling if healthy

But people like me are just pointing out the many flaws this team has. Some of which helped sink them last season and were not improved (Upfront our depth has been gutted even more severely)

The reality was last season this team was one line team and that one line + Crawford carried them all year. You cant win cup with that formula in today's NHL

Stan improved the D with Campbell signing but the exodus of Ladd/Shaw/TT in summer made an already troublesome forward lineup truly a potential nightmare

Expecting Motte , Schmaltz , etc to all come in and thrive just because Panarin did is absurd and unrealistic. The Hawks have very few sure bet prospects and a lot of guys who are questionable at this point. McNeill + Hartman both have thus far failed to live up to expectations within organization (McNeill especially) and there are legit doubts about ability of both to contribute at NHL level at this point

Then we have the biggest issue that even the most positive people concede. The continued decline of play from #7

That contract is a killer if he doesn't turn things around. Seabs previous years of up and down play were worrisome. But this past year he was horrific and given age/contract this is very concerning

Also our already think wing depth is even more troubling when you factor in decline of Hossa at this point

The negatives simply outweigh the positives at this point

Seabs had his bad times but horrific? Hardly. Your negativity is way beyond excessive.

BigClemMacdonald

Dec 11, 2011
IMO TVR was terrible for a good part of last season.

Seabs slowed down a bit last year but that's to be expected. He was never the most fleet of foot anyway.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Rarely agree wit BWC, but yes, it is fair to call Seabrook's play last season horrific, outside of shooting percentage.

His contract is the most concerning of any on the roster moving forward.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I love #7 quite a bit. But last year seemed like playing so much over the past three years really caught up to him.

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015

By all means, please have whatever opinion you want on whatever player, but please don't try to say that everyone agrees with you; Cause they don't.

Never really understood this need to blame an individual player for a particular team weakness. Two seasons ago it was criticizing Oduya for whatever reason. Funny how that stopped and people talked about how much he was missed when he was no longer a Hawk. Last season it was Seabrook. Hawks tried to play a top 4 with only 3 top 4 Dmen. Not the fault of the guy playing without one of the other two. Not when the next two guys on the Hawks depth chart were also right Dmen.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Kevin Hayes to Vesey, "Bro, you really want to go there? Play one bad game and are in Q's dog house? Come here and you're playing all season"

This can't be a serious post. Hayes has been scratched multiple times with the NYR and has been publicly called out by Vigneault.

In any event - I'm fine with us missing out on him. I was fine with us getting him. I think he's a Hayes level player (although others have said he's probably a bit better than that, so ok).

It's justifiable he'd want to go to NYR. A great city and a strong team (despite various crybabies in other threads claiming they're on their last legs). Hopefully he does well for himself.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
NYR isnt a particularly strong team and Vesey isnt the kind of piece thats going to turn them from bubble team to contender.

But I can certainly understand why he'd opt to play with a friend in one of the greatest cities in the world.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Man how valuable Danault looks right about now with the thin forward group. Can't believe we lost guys that could have played for cheap this year for nothing whatsoever. Dano, TT and Danault would have been a huge help right now, HUGE! That 4th line center looks horrible and Danaul would have been just awesome in there. What a pathetic job by Bowman, and the thing is right after all his deadline trades the team just started played horribly.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Man how valuable Dana ultimate looks right about now with the thin forward group. Can't believe we lost guys that could have played for cheap this year for nothing whatsoever. Dano, TT and Dana ultimate would have been huge help right now, huge! That 4th line center looks horrible and Dana ultimate would have been just awesome in there. What a pathetic job by Bowman, and the thing is right after all his deadline trades the team just started played horribly.

I assume you are talking about Danault which was one of the most puzzling moves by Stan. That trade and the overpayment of Kruger is a rather pathetic move to pull for the cap strapped Hawks. Now our 0 goal scorer is supposedly going to play 3rd line center minutes - who cares that he can't put the puck in the ocean!

After a decent start, Danault struggled offensively as well but at least he was getting his chances. I doubt the overrated Kruger is even tradeable now with that ridiculous contract.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Set the 2 games in December with NYR on your schedule of must see games...Dec.9th at the UC and on the 13th in MSG...A 2 game Snub Bowl set as we face K.Hayes and J.Vesey who gave us the left in the dust snubs.Surely we have enough pride to not let them "star" against our vaunted crew...unless of course our fat-cat stars fail to show up ..
Too busy admiring their fat bank accounts of Q runs another Country Club /regular season does not matter/wait to flip the switch on in playoffs /do not Crack the whip type atmosphere again as he did all last season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
BWC thinks Rozi has more or less been fine defensively the last two seasons. I'd take his evaluations of defenseman with a boulder of salt.

Rozy was solid last year and in 2015 playoffs. He fell off in playoffs vs Blues but there is no denying he was a solid when playing last year

Problem is like TVR he often had to play a role higher then he should have because of Bowman created #4 D hole

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Set the 2 games in December with NYR on your schedule of must see games...Dec.9th at the UC and on the 13th in MSG...A 2 game Snub Bowl set as we face K.Hayes and J.Vesey who gave us the left in the dust snubs.Surely we have enough pride to not let them "star" against our vaunted crew...unless of course our fat-cat stars fail to show up ..
Too busy admiring their fat bank accounts of Q runs another Country Club /regular season does not matter/wait to flip the switch on in playoffs /do not Crack the whip type atmosphere again as he did all last season.

People overrate the importance of these type of games. It will be regular season number ## for players like Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Keith. Players with 3 cups and realize its just the regular season.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So your saying without Keith he is not good?

If that is case its a further indictment against the contract Stanley gave him

You know darn well it's not as simple as just saying "without Keith".

Seabrook played with 7D/AHL types for much of the season, exception TVR, which Blackhawks Breakdown has shown us was a horrendous pair.

https://blackhawksbreakdown.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/img_5165.jpg

https://blackhawksbreakdown.wordpre...ng-of-brent-seabrook-and-trevor-van-reimsdyk/

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015
Man how valuable Danault looks right about now with the thin forward group. Can't believe we lost guys that could have played for cheap this year for nothing whatsoever. Dano, TT and Danault would have been a huge help right now, HUGE! That 4th line center looks horrible and Danaul would have been just awesome in there. What a pathetic job by Bowman, and the thing is right after all his deadline trades the team just started played horribly.

Hawks went all in to have a chance for a repeat. Something that most people think isn't possible with the new CBA restrictions. That isn't a pathetic move, it is one made by an organization trying to win more Cups.

And it is pretty obvious that the Hawks felt they had a better shot at it last season than maybe they will this one. Or the next. As the Hawks are coming close to paying the piper for bringing in Hossa using a now illegal contract.

Neo1978

Aug 3, 2015
I assume you are talking about Danault which was one of the most puzzling moves by Stan. That trade and the overpayment of Kruger is a rather pathetic move to pull for the cap strapped Hawks. Now our 0 goal scorer is supposedly going to play 3rd line center minutes - who cares that he can't put the puck in the ocean!

After a decent start, Danault struggled offensively as well but at least he was getting his chances. I doubt the overrated Kruger is even tradeable now with that ridiculous contract.

What are people even talking about? Kruger has been the Hawks number 3 center since Bolland left the team. Q plays a unique blend of lines where he distributes talent throughout his lineup. He tends to NOT play a 3rd pair D and instead plays a vet with each of his third pair guys. Then sits them and plays the vets in critical parts of the game. Same with the bottom six. As I have mentioned in the past, Q plays his checking line center with 4th line wingers. role. He had done that even with Bolland when Bolland was playing with Pisani. You have to be a pretty good center to play with lesser wingers against other teams top lines. And the guy that is going to play in the World Cup in that role on one of the better teams is just that.

As for overpaid, the best comp to use looking at Kruger is Boyd Gordon. And with a little inflation concerning years in the league, both players are making similar numbers. Kruger isn't overpaid. And pissing and moaning about Kruger's production considering how Q uses him is pretty silly in my opinion. Without players like Kruger taking the defensive shifts, you have to have players like Kane and Panarin playing a more two way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00