Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why wouldnt they talk to Myers? He is Jets property and it would be extremely stupid of Chevy to not talk to him. Again he has to know all his options and will do what he thinks is right for the Jets.

There was no where in that video that said they would trade him now. McKenzie no where said they were trading him now or in June. He said the Jets are exploring all their options. Just listened to 4 interviews with him and no where did it say June. Myers has never mentioned anything about a fight for right handed minutes and he does not play top pairing to that is a non issue.

There was just a thread that said...roslovic requests a trade....guess that was true too even though his agent corrected it? here is a hint. Dont believe everything you read as headlines on a chat forum.

Your question has been answered by at least 8 posters on here. i suggest you learn to read. if you dont like the answer just make **** up like you have been doing....but keep it to yourself and dont try to pass it off as fact by saying the insiders said it.

Oh my lord. They literally talk about having minutes available for Myers with trouba gone. They open with his Chevy gauged the market on trouba and now are taking to Myers.

If the implication wasn’t “if/when trouba goes” there will be money and ice time for myers.... then they wouldn’t spend half the time talking about him.

Feel free to go to capfriendly and see how they can possibly fit Myers and trouba.

I’m not saying that Trouba has been traded or is gauranteed to be traded. I’m saying many insiders have been discussing it as a probability.

You are the one claiming he will be held as an own rental. And saying that will happen.

Show me quotes/videos saying he plans to keep him as an own rental deadline trade....

Or you need exact direct statements but only when you don’t like the answer?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
How does that ruin the franchise?
Some fans only want to collect prospects and never compete. They just love piling up the shiny new toys. Because there's a 1 in 100 shot the prospect could turn out to be as good as the current player in 4 or 5 years and that's good enough for them.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
[QUOTE="Echo Roku, post: 161505861, member: 297425"]Any US based team actually make a good fit in terms of need for someone with his skill set?

Regardless of return. I’m more wonder what teams might make a big push for a player like him[/QUOTE]

Probably most of them... big, good, physical RD who can skate, is a 2/3D and is in his mid 20s is someone that pretty much everyone will want - with perhaps the exception of Nashville. Even teams like Pittsburgh who already have 2 good RDs would probably move Schultz or Gudbranson in a heartbeat if they could get a signed Trouba.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Why wouldnt they talk to Myers? He is Jets property and it would be extremely stupid of Chevy to not talk to him. Again he has to know all his options and will do what he thinks is right for the Jets.

There was no where in that video that said they would trade him now. McKenzie no where said they were trading him now or in June. He said the Jets are exploring all their options. Just listened to 4 interviews with him and no where did it say June. Myers has never mentioned anything about a fight for right handed minutes and he does not play top pairing to that is a non issue.

There was just a thread that said...roslovic requests a trade....guess that was true too even though his agent corrected it? here is a hint. Dont believe everything you read as headlines on a chat forum.

Your question has been answered by at least 8 posters on here. i suggest you learn to read. if you dont like the answer just make **** up like you have been doing....but keep it to yourself and dont try to pass it off as fact by saying the insiders said it.

I just listened again. He literally says

Now that Chevy has gauged the return on a trade for Jacob trouba the jets have circled back and re engaged Myers. Talks about the fit and the money and literally say

“If Jacob trouba is no longer there”. He gives a timeline of June 23 and July 1.

He says the jets offer familiarity and and increased role WITH TROUBA VACATING A SPOT ON THE DEPTH CHART

How can you actually say any of this?

It’s so bizarre. People don’t listen or follow the news and then call you a liar. Then demand you show them. Then somehow even though it is clearly stated. They somehow disagree.

If you dont follow it. Then dont comment. It’s clearly available on news and websites and broadcasts. It’s not up for me or anyone else on a website to find the information for you.

It’s like going to class and not doing the work. Everyone is talking about the chapter You didn’t read and calling people liars because you didn’t read it.

“I didn’t know that! It’s your responsibility to show me that! Find the page for me and read it to me!”

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The reality is, Trouba has all kinds of leverage here. Worst case, he walks things right up to UFA right away at $6M or so. He's already got a $5.5M arb award in his pocket, and the cap just went up. He'll get offers of max term and at least $8M+ on the open UFA market. He's exactly the sort of defenceman so many teams deeply covet, he'd have multiple suitors at crazy big money when he gets to UFA. Or, he'll get to pick his destination if that's a big deal for him.

The Jets essentially either have to kowtow to a megadeal, or they have to explore a way to move him for value before he walks for nothing. Ugly situation, but things really started to go sideways a while before this and it's just all coming to head now. They've gotta prioritize who they're going to keep.
How much do you think Trouba wants to stay for another year in Winnipeg on another 1 year arb contract? I'd bet he's keen on going to a US franchise and cashing in on a long term deal after a very good season instead of taking on more risk with a one year deal. A substantial injury could crater his contract value, which is at its peak now.

Reactions: TS Quint

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Some fans only want to collect prospects and never compete. They just love piling up the shiny new toys. Because there's a 1 in 100 shot the prospect could turn out to be as good as the current player in 4 or 5 years and that's good enough for them.

Like Winnipeg did to become as good af they're?

Not wasting assets while just starting your rebuilding is not collecting shiny toys, its just understanding the game a little

Reactions: hn777

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How much do you think Trouba wants to stay for another year in Winnipeg on another 1 year arb contract? I'd bet he's keen on going to a US franchise and cashing in on a long term deal after a very good season instead of taking on more risk with a one year deal. A substantial injury could crater his contract value, which is at its peak now.
Yup, just to add hes coming off a career year too. If he has trouble adjusting his new team or let's say is on the Leafs as a rental and is the secondary option offensively again it'll hurt his counting stats potentially.

Other KO clients have signed with new teams when being within 12 months of free agency (ie Johansen and turris). He doesn't have many lucrative July 1 clients/contracts. I think only Mike Smith and more recently Riley Nash

batman8990

Jun 17, 2018
Myers could be a stopgap option for the Jets until a young D prospect in the pipeline or maybe acquired in a Trouba trade make the jump with the big club. It could also mean that teams in the hunt for Trouba aren't so keen to part ways with a young defenseman already in the NHL like Hronek or Sanheim. Trading a forward is always easier than trading a rearguard.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Sure, i bet he'd prefer that long term deal security. But unless the Jets are going to give it to him and he wants to stay there long-term, they're in a pickle. Where he pretty much forces their hand in trying to trade him for value while they still can. So he can sign his big deal elsewhere.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
That was a futures package. The whole point is that the jets are win now.

There are no UFA C on the market. They have no cap space.

IF they want to win now. What C do they expect in return.

Nothing to do with kadri.

I’m sure they would take a futures package if it’s the best available. I don’t think they plan on folding the organization in 2-3 years and they’re still one of the youngest teams in the league.

batman8990

Jun 17, 2018
Sure, i bet he'd prefer that long term deal security. But unless the Jets are going to give it to him and he wants to stay there long-term, they're in a pickle. Where he pretty much forces their hand in trying to trade him for value while they still can. So he can sign his big deal elsewhere.

That's nothing to do with money or deal security. Trouba doesn't want to stay and sign a long term in Winnipeg because of personal and family matters. His fiancee is living and studying medicine in Florida and his father has a criminal case and he can't come to Canada because of that. Trouba is also native of Michigan and he wants to be closer to his family. It's not an easy situation for Cheveldayoff but he can't twist the arm of Trouba and forcing him to sign a new deal in Winnipeg if he doesn't want to.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That's nothing to do with money or deal security. Trouba doesn't want to stay and sign a long term in Winnipeg because of personal and family matters. His fiancee is living and studying medicine in Florida and his father has a criminal case and he can't come to Canada because of that. Trouba is also native of Michigan and he wants to be closer to his family. It's not an easy situation for Cheveldayoff but he can't twist the arm of Trouba and forcing him to sign a new deal in Winnipeg if he doesn't want to.

Exactly. Trouba has all kinds of leverage in this situation. If Chevy doesn't deal him, Trouba has the leverage to just play out his RFA control and go wherever he wants with that megadeal as a UFA. I'm sure he'd prefer to just get himself dealt somewhere he likes right now and skip the middle-man, add security of a long-term deal...but he has leverage precisely because of how close to UFA he is, and how coveted his skillset would be on the open market.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Chevy still has the asset. Look at what Pacioretty returned, and he had a foot out the door before preseason. Just have to find the one Trouba will sign with. Florida with their win now mentality, needing to make a splash, would probably be in pretty heavily. Don't bring in Quenneville to lose. Panarin is on his way. Bob too. Maybe Borgstrom, Hawrylyk, Florida 1st and Pysyk for Trouba and Roslovic.

Reactions: Vinman88

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Myers could be a stopgap option for the Jets until a young D prospect in the pipeline or maybe acquired in a Trouba trade make the jump with the big club. It could also mean that teams in the hunt for Trouba aren't so keen to part ways with a young defenseman already in the NHL like Hronek or Sanheim. Trading a forward is always easier than trading a rearguard.

Myers has played shutdown minutes at times for Maurice, and with Buff getting older, having the safety valve is important. Myers will get top 3 d-man money from someone, if the Jets can bring him back, they could run Morrissey-Buff, Kulikov-Myers, and Chiarot-Niku, which was their defense, essentially for the stretch Buff was out, except now Trouba is out, and Buff is back. And it's hard to say that is a negative impact on the Jets, as Buff can play at a dominant level. Develop Stanley into Kulikov's spot, add Samberg into Chiarot's and you have a young defense, with a few leaders on the back end. If Chevy can get an entry level player plus 1st for Trouba, then the money is in the kitty, for a re-signed Connor, Copp. Laine has to be kept in the ballpark, but if you add a centre like Borgstrom to play with him maybe he changes his attitude. All Finish line Veselainen-Borgstrom-Laine, Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler, Connor-Little-Roslovic, Copp-Lowry-Appleton. Just have to cast away Perreault and we're ready for battle again.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’m sure they would take a futures package if it’s the best available. I don’t think they plan on folding the organization in 2-3 years and they’re still one of the youngest teams in the league.

Welll it wouldn’t be the first time right?:sarcasm:

Most don’t want to. Maybe they will. The point is many fans are taking about getting a good 2C back. All we know is “better than kadri”.

But most haven’t even gave a possibility of who they think is fair. Just “better than kadri”

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Every time Couturier gets injured he goes back to Centre. Is that not the very definition of depth?

Not when you remove one of the two, no. Try looking beyond those two and imagine removing one of them permanently. Not the prettiest picture.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Oh my lord. They literally talk about having minutes available for Myers with trouba gone. They open with his Chevy gauged the market on trouba and now are taking to Myers.

If the implication wasn’t “if/when trouba goes” there will be money and ice time for myers.... then they wouldn’t spend half the time talking about him.

Feel free to go to capfriendly and see how they can possibly fit Myers and trouba.

I’m not saying that Trouba has been traded or is gauranteed to be traded. I’m saying many insiders have been discussing it as a probability.

You are the one claiming he will be held as an own rental. And saying that will happen.

Show me quotes/videos saying he plans to keep him as an own rental deadline trade....

Or you need exact direct statements but only when you don’t like the answer?
You change your story every time. You said insiders said he will be traded NOW. i pointed it out that you make this up and say here are the possibilties and say it is up to Chevy. I never once said they WILL keep him as a rental...i said that is an option. Get you story straight and learn to read before you make statements that you are try to pass as facts.

Reactions: Snowman

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009

This isn't true.

Here is a picture of John Troba (Jacob's dad) in Winnipeg.
The Winnipeg Free Press Store

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Well, that is a dumb thing to ask.

Also, not to burst your considerably fragile bubble, but RNH twice scored 56 points and this past season at the ripe age of 25 (he just turned 26 in April) scored 69 points. Six Million for a C/LW who just scored 69 points is a good contract.

Can I forestall your immediate and probably thoughtless objection? He is product of McDavid! So is Draisaitl! And Nurse while we are at it!

RNH will be playing Winnipeg's very impressive stable of forwards. He will continue to do very well.

I'd be willing to add, but don't start going nuts here. No McDavid talk.

Haha, Maroon scored 27 goals with McDavid. Don’t give me those pumped up stats as RNH’s real value. RNH is a drag on everyone he plays with.

Reactions: Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad