Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You said the insiders have confirmed the Jets are trading trouba NOW....false Nothing to do with Myers. Do you think any team is not going to explore their options with players they have under contract? Do you not think they talked to Hayes to see what he wanted? if they did does that mean they are trading Scheiffle or Lowry? You said McKenzie reported it...false. Everything you say is your own little spin on things, you get called out, then you spin it again to weasle yourself out of your lies.

They said they went back to him now that they know what they can get with a Trouba trade. They specifically said this is NOW why they are talking to him.

read what I posted again. Understand what the words IF, possibility, general consensus is....

There have been many posts where I have clearly said IF this happens or insiders believe etc

Go back. Read it again, realize
You are clearly wrong and move on. You didn’t read/listen to the front page of TSN and tried to call me out. It worked out poorly. But it’s ok. It’s just hockey.

If you want to know what bob McKenzie thinks. Email him. You might make the bobcast.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
And that's all totally valid. I 100% get why teams would be gun shy and I fully accept that any team we trade him too would require full rights to talk contracts with him before hand. I just hope that his age and position counter those negatives enough to get a pretty good return.
Not sure what your definition of "pretty good return" is...but i don't see that being a problem. Again, if he'd sign in TO, then i would hope Dubas is all over it.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Haha, Maroon scored 27 goals with McDavid. Don’t give me those pumped up stats as RNH’s real value. RNH is a drag on everyone he plays with.

Clueless post. Or deliberately untrue.

Plenty of players have been tried on McDavid's line. A player who knows where to be can compliment McDavid, but not all play styles mesh perfectly with him. He is like Crosby that way. RNH can skate and think the game well, so he thrives when played with McDavid. He didn't do that every game or every shift however.

I don't know why I am wasting time replying to your comment. I've read your posts in the past and you're not a fan of Edmonton. No need to make things up.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Nuge plus a good D prospect (Ideally RHD but if quality drop is too much LHD is fine)?

Yeh IMO I would be interested.

Same could be said for Kadri plus good D prospect.

Keep in mind due to Kadri dollar & cap & term advantage over RNH if Oilers we’re competing vs Leafs and those were the two offers Oilers would have to offer more. If Oilers were the only offer giving a roster 2C then a good D prospect with Nuge likely would work.

Chevy has a strategy decision to make with Trouba return. Win now return vs futures return that potentially is more valuable in the long run.

Kadri or RNH returns are a win now choice

I'd do something like RNH and Ethan Bear (RHD Prospect). It hurts Edmonton's forward group which is laughably thin but Trouba is too good to pass up in my opinion. So don't jump all over me Edmonton fans :)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'd do something like RNH and Ethan Bear (RHD Prospect). It hurts Edmonton's forward group which is laughably thin but Trouba is too good to pass up in my opinion. So don't jump all over me Edmonton fans :)

IMO that’s a decent offer for Trouba without a extension, just depends on what else Chevy was offered. Also depends if there is any trade/sign deals available. Also depends on his strategy of win now return vs maximize return which likely means futures heavy.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
IMO that’s a decent offer for Trouba without a extension, just depends on what else Chevy was offered. Also depends if there is any trade/sign deals available. Also depends on his strategy of win now return vs maximize return which likely means futures heavy.
I'll throw out Kadri+Liljegren.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i don't mind this as a Jets fan.... like @Hunter368 mentioned though, it just depends the route they want to go as far as a return ie: futures based, top 6 C, top 4RD

Reactions: Hunter368

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Clueless post. Or deliberately untrue.

Plenty of players have been tried on McDavid's line. A player who knows where to be can compliment McDavid, but not all play styles mesh perfectly with him. He is like Crosby that way. RNH can skate and think the game well, so he thrives when played with McDavid. He didn't do that every game or every shift however.

I don't know why I am wasting time replying to your comment. I've read your posts in the past and you're not a fan of Edmonton. No need to make things up.
I speak nothing but the truth when it comes to Edmonton. You just don’t like hearing it. I don’t dislike the team. I pity the fans for the gross mismanagement of the Oilers for the past couple decades and would like to see them do better. You will have to excuse me for not kissing Kevin Lowe’s butt for his incompetence. Have at it if you think he’s done well of course.

Maroon isn’t a 27 goal player without McDavid. I don’t know how you can pretend to argue that.

Another FACT you don’t like is RNH is a drag on the team. He needs McDavid to be more than a 50 point center.

nugenry93

Look at all those players who trend towards the “good” without (red) RNH. Is there even one player there who plays better with RNH?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I speak nothing but the truth when it comes to Edmonton. You just don’t like hearing it. I don’t dislike the team. I pity the fans for the gross mismanagement of the Oilers for the past couple decades and would like to see them do better. You will have to excuse me for not kissing Kevin Lowe’s butt for his incompetence. Have at it if you think he’s done well of course.

Maroon isn’t a 27 goal player without McDavid. I don’t know how you can pretend to argue that.

Another FACT you don’t like is RNH is a drag on the team. He needs McDavid to be more than a 50 point center.

https://hockeyviz.com/fixedImg/wowy/1819/EDM/nugenry93/

Look at all those players who trend towards the “good” without (red) RNH. Is there even one player there who plays better with RNH?

Sad. RNH scored 56 points twice before McDavid ever entered the NHL.

I NEVER SAID Maroon is a 27 goal player without McDavid. Where the hell did you get that?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Sad. RNH scored 56 points twice before McDavid ever entered the NHL.

I NEVER SAID Maroon is a 27 goal player without McDavid. Where the hell did you get that?
Wow, you really got me there. You’re really that upset over 6 points from 5 years ago? But also ignore the 43 point season from 3 years ago. But sure, I’ll call him about a 50 point player without McDavid. Hope that clears it up for you. Anything else?

I’m still happy to discuss any other post I’ve had about the Oilers you believe I have made something up or you feel I’ve been unfair.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So you would trade something like Roslovic + 2nd round pick for Kadri then I assume? The odds that Roslovic ever becomes a 30 goal/50-60 point center are not high, as most late 1st round picks don't make much of an NHL impact.

Or how about Morrissey + 1st round pick for PK Subban? Odds that Morrissey is ever a Norris winner is very very slim.

Does Roslovic + Trouba + 1st round pick + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick for Giordano + Lindholm tickle your fancy? Upgrade from a 24 point forward to a 78 point forward and a 50 point defenseman to a 74 point defenseman and all it costs is a couple draft picks that probably won't work out anyways.

Maybe you would make these trades, just trying to gauge where you are at.

I am sure he wouldnt and will have a "yah but" reason to justify not following his own logic..

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Man I would hate to part with Hronek but I think he would have to be in the mix for a Trouba deal. I dont think Hronek is moving without a Trouba extension in place before the trade though.
I think any trade with Trouba comes with an extension or at the very least a condition on resigning. I think the second one is difficult for the Wings because I wouldn’t be taking a chance on losing next years 1st like the Sharks did in the Kane trade.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I agree, some Wings fans don't understand the game that well. Claiming a prospect with little chance of ever making it to 1D status, using normal odds of a player becoming good, has more value than an established, young 1D. They definitely don't understand the game. If that is what you prefer to call it.

Who said they did?

I am confused, are you saying that? Is that why you'rd going on and on about him?

Trading away multiple picks, good prospects or good young players when you're just starting your rebuild for a player who had 1 good year but has repeatedly chosen to be a problem, ie holding out, demanding to be traded, is a dumb idea.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
For an unsigned Trouba? I think you may be disappointed with whatever you get then.

I am of the firm belief that any team that trades for him will have the ability to talk contracts before the trade is done.

I feel like there's going to be a bunch of teams looking to trade for him.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I'd take RNH any day over Kadri. I don't even think Kadri is a good centre, I think he should be Left Wing. He's pretty slow...footspeed, decision making, puck handling. He's a good player but I think he'd be a good top 6 LW. I could be wrong, of course, wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyGallivan

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Myers could be a stopgap option for the Jets until a young D prospect in the pipeline or maybe acquired in a Trouba trade make the jump with the big club. It could also mean that teams in the hunt for Trouba aren't so keen to part ways with a young defenseman already in the NHL like Hronek or Sanheim. Trading a forward is always easier than trading a rearguard.
Myers isn’t going to sign a stop gap contract. Someone will offer him a dumb contract with term in FA. If the Jets want him term will be part of it even if he does give a discount on the cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad