Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
That was a futures package. The whole point is that the jets are win now.

There are no UFA C on the market. They have no cap space.

IF they want to win now. What C do they expect in return.

Nothing to do with kadri.
Jets arent in a win now mode. they were the second youngest team in the NHL last year. That is not a win now team. Trouba is not a UFA. You need to stop making things up about teams and player you have know knowledge about.

Reactions: Snowman

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Jets arent in a win now mode. they were the second youngest team in the NHL last year. That is not a win now team. Trouba is not a UFA. You need to stop making things up about teams and player you have know knowledge about.

They signed wheeler into his 30s. They signed Little into his 30s. Their top pair D is 33 I think?

They have traded their last 2 first rounders for rentals........

That’s not win now? Are they rebuilding?

Reactions: TS Quint

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
They signed wheeler into his 30s. They signed Little into his 30s. Their top pair D is 33 I think?

They have traded their last 2 first rounders for rentals........

That’s not win now? Are they rebuilding?
They are have built via draft and development over the last 6 years and they still have lots of prospects in the system that are just as good as what they have built. Niku was defenseman of the year as a rookie, Appleton rookie of the year in the AHL, Samberg has been the top dman for a team that just won their 3 NCAA championship, Roslovic was one of the league leaders in the AHL before being called up, Vesalainen tore up the Finish league. Wheeler is getting better with age, Buff is going no where. You sound like those Leaf fans who thought Chara was too old before he schooled them at 41. We are good going forward. No need to take on poor value to fill our needs.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
They are have built via draft and development over the last 6 years and they still have lots of prospects in the system that are just as good as what they have built. Niku was defenseman of the year as a rookie, Appleton rookie of the year in the AHL, Samberg has been the top dman for a team that just won their 3 NCAA championship, Roslovic was one of the league leaders in the AHL before being called up, Vesalainen tore up the Finish league. Wheeler is getting better with age, Buff is going no where. You sound like those Leaf fans who thought Chara was too old before he schooled them at 41. We are good going forward. No need to take on poor value to fill our needs.

I have no idea what you are saying?????

The point is not that they are past prime or anything...... the point it is that they are currently in their window to compete.

Most teams that have money committed to top players long term are trying to win now. They are not interested in losing a top pairing D for futures. That’s generally what a rebuilding team does.

The jets are trying to win now. They have traded their last 2 first rounders and signed their core to big money. IF they decide to get actual players back.

What C is reasonable for 1 year of trouba?

Reactions: Naturaledge

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
I have no idea what you are saying?????

The point is not that they are past prime or anything...... the point it is that they are currently in their window to compete.

Most teams that have money committed to top players long term are trying to win now. They are not interested in losing a top pairing D for futures. That’s generally what a rebuilding team does.

The jets are trying to win now. They have traded their last 2 first rounders and signed their core to big money. IF they decide to get actual players back.

What C is reasonable for 1 year of trouba?
I spelt it out quite clearly. if you cant understand i cant help you. The Jets are not in a rebuild mode cause they have to win now. they can susta8n their talent on their team for years and will continue to do so. they dont need a C back, they can keep trouba as their own rental and still have players to fill in.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I spelt it out quite clearly. if you cant understand i cant help you. The Jets are not in a rebuild mode cause they have to win now. they can susta8n their talent on their team for years and will continue to do so. they dont need a C back, they can keep trouba as their own rental and still have players to fill in.

Ok that’s plan C. The point is that the general consensus is that they are going to trade him .... you disagree?

Ok. You are going against what most fans and insiders are suggesting but ok......

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Kadri plus Kapanen for Trouba?

We need a solid RHD SO BAD!
Jets don't need wingers or a 3C. It would need to be a deal around Nylander (only if Jets scouts are convinced he can play center full time in the NHL) + Sandin. That would likely at least get the Jets to give you a call back.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Eh? They have Giroux, Couturier, Hayes, Nolan Patrick and Laughton. (and Morgan Frost coming up)
Giroux has played a handful of games the past two seasons at center. He plays mostly wing now. And the brass seems to like him there. They believe it could stretch out his career and be more productive with less wear and tear.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Ok that’s plan C. The point is that the general consensus is that they are going to trade him .... you disagree?

Ok. You are going against what most fans and insiders are suggesting but ok......
Plan C? Do you really think Chevy worries about what the general consenus think. He will do what is best for the team. If he trades him it will be for a premium, if he waits to the deadline he will still get at least a 1st, and a great prospect, plus 5 months or service, if he walks he has players to step up. Once again no rebuild needed.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
trouba is 4 years younger than kadri. he plays the most valuable position in hockey and is coming off a 50 point season. how is it so hard for leaf fans to understand that trouba>>>> kadri.

nothing against kadri. he's a good player but decent second line centers don't get traded for young #1 rhd.

kadri is 29. how many good years does he have left? 3 maybe 4? trouba is 25 and d-man always age better than forwards. there is 0 incentive for the jets to do that trade.

Also, it's hilarious how they call trouba a ufa but if they trade for him he's going to extend. so there trading for an extended trouba but are calling him a ufa ie( he's a ufa so he shouldn't get much) ? does this make sense to anyone? :laugh:

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Roslovic asked to be traded during the season apparently. What could Trouba and Roslovic get in a trade?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Plan C? Do you really think Chevy worries about what the general consenus think. He will do what is best for the team. If he trades him it will be for a premium, if he waits to the deadline he will still get at least a 1st, and a great prospect, plus 5 months or service, if he walks he has players to step up. Once again no rebuild needed.

That’s one possibility. The others that insiders are presenting is that he is going to trade him now. They have even talked to Myers today about contracts. They are talking like it’s a near certainty he gets moved. Whether you like it or not.

Soooooo

Teams that are trying to win generally want players back. Not prospects. That’s why people in the thread have been talking about roster players.

My point is whether or not you think he is going to wait or go for an own rental. He may get traded. IF he does. Posters keep saying they will get good centers back.

My question is who are they targeting for a 1 year rental?

Kadri has nothing to do with this question. He has a 10 team NTC

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
trouba is 4 years younger than kadri. he plays the most valuable position in hockey and is coming off a 50 point season. how is it so hard for leaf fans to understand that trouba>>>> kadri.

nothing against kadri. he's a good player but decent second line centers don't get traded for young #1 rhd.

kadri is 29. how many good years does he have left? 3 maybe 4? trouba is 25 and d-man always age better than forwards. there is 0 incentive for the jets to do that trade.

Also, it's hilarious how they call trouba a ufa but if they trade for him he's going to extend. so there trading for an extended trouba but are calling him a ufa ie( he's a ufa so he shouldn't get much) ? does this make sense to anyone? :laugh:

Kadri has a 10’team NTC.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
That’s one possibility. The others that insiders are presenting is that he is going to trade him now. They have even talked to Myers today about contracts. They are talking like it’s a near certainty he gets moved. Whether you like it or not.

Soooooo

Teams that are trying to win generally want players back. Not prospects. That’s why people in the thread have been talking about roster players.

My point is whether or not you think he is going to wait or go for an own rental. He may get traded. IF he does. Posters keep saying they will get good centers back.

My question is who are they targeting for a 1 year rental?

Kadri has nothing to do with this question. He has a 10 team NTC

if the jets are getting offered ok roster players I'm sure they'd prefer high picks over a guy who's 29 and avgs 50 point's a season.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think you misquoted the wrong person.

Yep. Sorry.

Although I do think that kadri may well block a trade in the event that anything trouba or otherwise would be worked out with the Jets so it doesn’t matter

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
if the jets are getting offered ok roster players I'm sure they'd prefer high picks over a guy who's 29 and avgs 50 point's a season.

Again. The question is who.

I think kadri would prefer not to live in Winnipeg. But who am I to say.

Forget kadri exists. Who do the jets realistically expect for Trouba

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Trouba for Nylander seems like a decent deal value wise but I thought Jets do not more wings...

Also, jets need to sign Connor and Laine... I mean how many 7-9M forwards do they need?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Again. The question is who.

I think kadri would prefer not to live in Winnipeg. But who am I to say.

Forget kadri exists. Who do the jets realistically expect for Trouba

who know's? just because kadri is available doesn't mean the jets have to trade trouba for him. a lot of you are linking the fact that since both of them are available that they must be getting traded for each other.

gm's make players available for some players and the public doesn't even though. when hall get traded did anyone even know he was available?

my point is that in a vacuum trouba>>>kadri based on age/performance/position. feel free to disagree but that trade would be garbage for the jets. I'm not saying kadri is a bad player but based on the things listed above trouba has much more value.

And I still think there is no way he get's traded for trouba even given the market. young rhd are traded for similar aged players. not someone who's 4 year's older and is barely beating trouba's production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad