Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
That’s one possibility. The others that insiders are presenting is that he is going to trade him now. They have even talked to Myers today about contracts. They are talking like it’s a near certainty he gets moved. Whether you like it or not.

Soooooo

Teams that are trying to win generally want players back. Not prospects. That’s why people in the thread have been talking about roster players.

My point is whether or not you think he is going to wait or go for an own rental. He may get traded. IF he does. Posters keep saying they will get good centers back.

My question is who are they targeting for a 1 year rental?

Kadri has nothing to do with this question. He has a 10 team NTC
Where are the insiders saying "they are going to trade him now"? The quote said they are engaged in trade talks with multiple teams. No where did it say now. You seem to try to adding your own details. Do you really thing Chevy would not look in to every option possible. I am sure he has engaged with other GMs about every player on the roster. You are the only one who said it is "now" and put your proof in some imaginary "insiders". You seem to have an issue with reading and interpretation..

Reactions: Snowman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Again. The question is who.

I think kadri would prefer not to live in Winnipeg. But who am I to say.

Forget kadri exists. Who do the jets realistically expect for Trouba

To my knowledge Chevy doesn't have a HFB account, so you won't get a definitive answer to your question. So unless one of us has a crystal ball or can read the minds of all the NHL GM's......we're all going to have to wait to find out. What we can say is the Jets current needs are potentially:

2C dynamic scoring player who has experience/ability playing with dynamic wingers. Don't need a grinding north south centre, we need a dynamic east west centre who offers the Jets a "significant" upgrade over Little two way 45-50 points. This could come via FA or trade. Multi players have been discussed or linked in recent past that could be considered.

Top 4 RHD if Trouba is traded. This may come via FA or return on Trouba (part of the package could be a bridge solution guy plus futures) or signing Myers who's agent met with Chevy last week to discuss a possible extension.

The two options above is if Chevy wants to via the win now strategy. Chevy also has option to trade Trouba for the greatest value, this would likely mean for a futures heavy return, which prolongs the Jets window, eliminates all cap concerns and fills his needs via this route & draft......albeit it is at the cost of winning now. Chevy could also go via strategy of a combo of the two options , get a bridge solution with short term & nice futures piece. So Chevy has multi options to consider, it all comes down to the offers he receives, he then needs to determine which route he goes.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba for Nylander seems like a decent deal value wise but I thought Jets do not more wings...

Also, jets need to sign Connor and Laine... I mean how many 7-9M forwards do they need?

As you say, Jets have zero need for more wingers......Nylander would only be considered if PMO, Chevy and the Jets scouts were all 100% convinced Nylander could be a good two way 2C at the NHL.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Correction: Giroux has played a lot of wing in the past two seasons because of Couturier's emergence. He's also played center many times in that stretch. Philadelphia has also been a disaster coaching-wise. Do you seriously think Giroux can't play center anymore?

You may want to re-check my post which I edited like 30 seconds later. No one has said he can't. If the proposal you responded to had them trading Couturier and he's playing wing because of Couturier, how does one list both as their centre depth?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Correction: Giroux has played a lot of wing in the past two seasons because of Couturier's emergence. He's also played center many times in that stretch. Philadelphia has also been a disaster coaching-wise. Do you seriously think Giroux can't play center anymore?
From s Flyers fan POV, Giroix should 100% be a winger.

At wing, he has less defensive responsibilities and can focus more on offense. It also helps to preserve his body not only now, but for the rest of his career.

Giroux only played C when injuries occured the last 2 years for the most part. And when he did, the line did not perform as hoped.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You may want to re-check my post which I edited like 30 seconds later. No one has said he can't. If the proposal you responded to had them trading Couturier and he's playing wing because of Couturier, how does one list both as their centre depth?

Every time Couturier gets injured he goes back to Centre. Is that not the very definition of depth?

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
leave Detroit out of it they are rebuilding and shouldn't give up assets for a 1 year rental #3 dman. if he wants to come at a reasonable price in a year as a ufa that's fine but I wont hold my breath

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
leave Detroit out of it they are rebuilding and shouldn't give up assets for a 1 year rental #3 dman. if he wants to come at a reasonable price in a year as a ufa that's fine but I wont hold my breath

Trouba has proven he is well above a #3 D.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The Jets don't really need Zadina, so it would likely need to be Hronek + the 2nd rounder + maybe another lesser prospect or a roster player.

Man I would hate to part with Hronek but I think he would have to be in the mix for a Trouba deal. I dont think Hronek is moving without a Trouba extension in place before the trade though.

topdawg

Jan 17, 2016
The Jets don't really need Zadina, so it would likely need to be Hronek + the 2nd rounder + maybe another lesser prospect or a roster player.
Thats probably fair but I think Hronek is going to be a pretty special player so I'd have to be out for that. I'd switch Veleno for Zadina in the previous proposal

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Where are the insiders saying "they are going to trade him now"? The quote said they are engaged in trade talks with multiple teams. No where did it say now. You seem to try to adding your own details. Do you really thing Chevy would not look in to every option possible. I am sure he has engaged with other GMs about every player on the roster. You are the only one who said it is "now" and put your proof in some imaginary "insiders". You seem to have an issue with reading and interpretation..

Before the end of June..... there is a clip on tsn right now regarding them talking to myers now that they have gauged the market for trouba. They are talking about now the “fight for right handed minutes” would be gone.

It’s on tsn right now. You can get an oilers fan to time stamp it.

Bob McKenzie is on overdrive multiple times a week. He has mentioned numerous times that he believes that trouba will be traded in June.

For a person who claims to know so much about the team, you seem to have missed a lot

The thread title is “jets shopping trouba”.

No one knows for sure if he will or won’t. Until he does. Nothing is 100 percent until it happens.

The clear indications are about trouba being traded. Why are you in a thread about the Jets shopping trouba if not to discuss potential trades.

It’s not court. Ignorance of informationdoes not mean it doesn’t exist.

IF the jets decide to move Trouba AND they want a C back.

Who is available? Who do jets fans think is fair.

It’s not hard

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Who says he’s a one year rental? He’s an RFA. Detroit could trade for him and lock him up long term.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Man I would hate to part with Hronek but I think he would have to be in the mix for a Trouba deal. I dont think Hronek is moving without a Trouba extension in place before the trade though.
That would be the most likely way Trouba is traded. He would go to a team where he is willing to sign an extension and would have one agreed to. With the new team before he was traded.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Thats probably fair but I think Hronek is going to be a pretty special player so I'd have to be out for that. I'd switch Veleno for Zadina in the previous proposal
Veleno would probably work as well. So, it would be Veleno + 2nd + maybe another pick/roster player/prospect. Something along those lines.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Before the end of June..... there is a clip on tsn right now regarding them talking to myers now that they have gauged the market for trouba. They are talking about now the “fight for right handed minutes” would be gone.

It’s on tsn right now. You can get an oilers fan to time stamp it.

Bob McKenzie is on overdrive multiple times a week. He has mentioned numerous times that he believes that trouba will be traded in June.

For a person who claims to know so much about the team, you seem to have missed a lot

The thread title is “jets shopping trouba”.

No one knows for sure if he will or won’t. Until he does. Nothing is 100 percent until it happens.

The clear indications are about trouba being traded. Why are you in a thread about the Jets shopping trouba if not to discuss potential trades.

It’s not court. Ignorance of informationdoes not mean it doesn’t exist.

IF the jets decide to move Trouba AND they want a C back.

Who is available? Who do jets fans think is fair.

It’s not hard
Why wouldnt they talk to Myers? He is Jets property and it would be extremely stupid of Chevy to not talk to him. Again he has to know all his options and will do what he thinks is right for the Jets.

There was no where in that video that said they would trade him now. McKenzie no where said they were trading him now or in June. He said the Jets are exploring all their options. Just listened to 4 interviews with him and no where did it say June. Myers has never mentioned anything about a fight for right handed minutes and he does not play top pairing to that is a non issue.

There was just a thread that said...roslovic requests a trade....guess that was true too even though his agent corrected it? here is a hint. Dont believe everything you read as headlines on a chat forum.

Your question has been answered by at least 8 posters on here. i suggest you learn to read. if you dont like the answer just make shit up like you have been doing....but keep it to yourself and dont try to pass it off as fact by saying the insiders said it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The reality is, Trouba has all kinds of leverage here. Worst case, he walks things right up to UFA right away at $6M or so. He's already got a $5.5M arb award in his pocket, and the cap just went up. He'll get offers of max term and at least $8M+ on the open UFA market. He's exactly the sort of defenceman so many teams deeply covet, he'd have multiple suitors at crazy big money when he gets to UFA. Or, he'll get to pick his destination if that's a big deal for him.

The Jets essentially either have to kowtow to a megadeal, or they have to explore a way to move him for value before he walks for nothing. Ugly situation, but things really started to go sideways a while before this and it's just all coming to head now. They've gotta prioritize who they're going to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad