Rumor: Jets shopping Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Nice back pedal, you claimed he was a 20 point Dman. Is 36 closer to 50 or 20?

I said 20-30.

Prior to this past year here were his season totals: 29, 22, 21, 33, 24, all in the 20-30 range except one season of 33. Average of 25.8. 20-30.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You do. Jets fans don't care if they get a dime a dozen player like Hronek

Dime a Dozen Hronek put up more points this year in 46 games than Trouba at the same age in 81 games so...

Oh, and that was right before he was named the best defenseman in the World Championships over the likes of OEL, Chabot, and Josi.

Reactions: uncleben

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Welll it wouldn’t be the first time right?:sarcasm:

Most don’t want to. Maybe they will. The point is many fans are taking about getting a good 2C back. All we know is “better than kadri”.

But most haven’t even gave a possibility of who they think is fair. Just “better than kadri”

That’s cause better is subjective, to some it’s younger, to some it’s more consistent, to some it’s a better playmaker etc, that opens up a huge range of the centres that it could be, factor in that most fans would also like to address the hole that trading trouba would create and you’re looking at a 2-1 deal where the combined value is “better” than Kadri. Bottom line is that I’m sure Chevy isn’t set on we’re getting a Center no matter what even if it’s not as good of a package as X. Nice comment in the beginning though. Makes me feel like it’s more appropriate now when people make “can’t get out of the first round” jokes, or “no cups since the original six”

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Actually. Many of your fans do. There is a topic on the jets board remember

Kadri is irrelevant. He has a NTC. It’s unlikely he waivesnforn winnipeg.

So who then?

Why is it that you think he’s unlikely to waive for Winnipeg?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I like how we're talking about trade deadline values in the offseason, like we completely forgot that last summer Jeff Skinner was sold for Cliff Pu and a 2nd... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Reportedly Skinner blocked a bunch of trades and CAR had to settle for that return for Skinner. Trouba doesn't have that clause and, worst-case scenario, plays for the new team under the Arb Award

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Reportedly Skinner blocked a bunch of trades and CAR had to settle for that return for Skinner. Trouba doesn't have that clause and, worst-case scenario, plays for the new team under the Arb Award or 1 year deal

He may not have that option, but that doesn't mean teams aren't gonna ask if he's interested in signing with them before they send a shit ton of assets.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He may not have that option, but that doesn't mean teams aren't gonna ask if he's interested in signing with them before they send a **** ton of assets.

i think he'd still get a better return than a 2nd+Pu. if worst case scenario he goes at the TDL... I am sure a PO contending team would pony up a 1st at that point

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Dime a Dozen Hronek put up more points this year in 46 games than Trouba at the same age in 81 games so...

Oh, and that was right before he was named the best defenseman in the World Championships over the likes of OEL, Chabot, and Josi.
When Trouba was Hronek's age he actually had put up 51 points in 130 games the previous two seasons

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i think he'd still get a better return than a 2nd+Pu. if worst case scenario he goes at the TDL... I am sure a PO contending team would pony up a 1st at that point
Let's be honest, if the Jets keep Trouba thru the season, it's likely that he becomes their own rental because they themselves have cup aspirations. Unless of course a true hockey trade makes sense in the Jane-deadline time and the acquiring team signs him long term.

I just don't see the Jets keeping Trouba all year, than as a top team(as they should be), sell him off for picks and hurt their own Cup chances. He is traded this summer if traded....unless of course if the Jets pull a St.L Blues 1 year ago where they crashed for no good reason at all and ended up giving Philly pick #14.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When Trouba was Hronek's age he actually had put up 51 points in 130 games the previous two seasons
As a Jets fan, you should know that doesn't matter. Look at Scheifele taking a bit longer to make the NHL vs RNH and Strome in his draft year. Sometimes, it makes sense development wise for a guy to take longer to make it...with Scheifele being a great example.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Let's be honest, if the Jets keep Trouba thru the season, it's likely that he becomes their own rental because they themselves have cup aspirations. Unless of course a true hockey trade makes sense in the Jane-deadline time and the acquiring team signs him long term.

I just don't see the Jets keeping Trouba all year, than as a top team(as they should be), sell him off for picks and hurt their own Cup chances. He is traded this summer if traded....unless of course if the Jets pull a St.L Blues 1 year ago where they crashed for no good reason at all and ended up giving Philly pick #14.

yeah it depends how the season goes... i still think they get more than a 2nd+Pu type value from a team for 1 year of Trouba

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I'd do something like RNH and Ethan Bear (RHD Prospect). It hurts Edmonton's forward group which is laughably thin but Trouba is too good to pass up in my opinion. So don't jump all over me Edmonton fans :)
If you haven’t noticed on these boards, NO ONE CARES ABOUT ETHAN BEAR.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Or Seidenberg, Matheson and Nummelin. Either way.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So he had actually proven himself as an NHL quality player and wasn't being projected as a top Dman due to a tiny sample size?

Damn.

Top D-Man from a small sample size is a far cry from "Dime a Dozen".

... You're the one devaluing Trouba by making ridiculous statements about players who were arguably better at the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad