OT: Jets Lounge: Winds of Winter (no Star Wars spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
This looks pretty cool. hockey game coming to PC.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-is-finally-getting-a-hockey-game-and-its-straight-outta-the-90s/

Love the aesthetic. The arena's look awesome.

Nice! But since when is the NHL a professional league???

Old Time Hockey is set in the late '70s, which means you'll see players without helmets and all-out brawls on the ice. It also doesn't feature a professional league like the NHL. Instead, you'll be playing as teams in a small-time association called the Bush Hockey League. You can see it for yourself in a trailer at the bottom of this article.

:naughty:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Sigh. Last two days have royally sucked.

Have a mouse and/or mice in the house. Squatter ran across my kitchen yesterday after I was curious as to what my cat was trying to get into on the counter. Put out traps and the ****er stole the cheese from the trap! Can hear the squatter in the stove. Emailed the company that takes care of my moms work. Not cooking nothing in my stove until they're gone.

My parents switched to Shaw after MTS ****ed them over. Found out today that MTS never moved over my email to my account. ARGH ARGH ARGH!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Have a mouse and/or mice in the house. Squatter ran across my kitchen yesterday after I was curious as to what my cat was trying to get into on the counter. Put out traps and the ****er stole the cheese from the trap! Can hear the squatter in the stove. Emailed the company that takes care of my moms work. Not cooking nothing in my stove until they're gone.

My parents switched to Shaw after MTS ****ed them over. Found out today that MTS never moved over my email to my account. ARGH ARGH ARGH!

Seems to me that if you turn the oven up to max, your problem is solved, or at least diminished. Are you starting to see why the previous owners sold the house?

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

Didn't you just buy your house?

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Didn't you just buy your house?

July. There was evidence of mice in inspection(just droppings), but we filled the holes that we could see from the outside. Mice only come in when it's cold out. And it got cold fast. Not the only ones that have mice problems in the area. Lots of old houses.

**** you MTS. Said it would be no problem to move my email from my parents' account to mine. Parents switched to Shaw and guess what? Email gone. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Shaw here I come.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
July. There was evidence of mice in inspection(just droppings), but we filled the holes that we could see from the outside. Mice only come in when it's cold out. And it got cold fast. Not the only ones that have mice problems in the area. Lots of old houses.

**** you MTS. Said it would be no problem to move my email from my parents' account to mine. Parents switched to Shaw and guess what? Email gone. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Shaw here I come.

Respectfully to the bolded, nope, not remotely true. They'll usually nest in sheltered locations preferably. What they've started to do since the snow arrived is avoid the cold because it's uber snowy and your house is easier to scavenge in than it is outside right now.

We had a similar experience to yours except we bought in winter. It turned out the previous owner had hired an exterminator to resolve the issue prior to listing but never actually did anything to seal the house. Summer came and the mice came into the house. We found out the exact same way - cat found the first one and we subsequently found droppings. Yay.

Consider going back out in the spring and doing a super close check (flashlight even during daylight hours) for smaller holes than you'd expect. Mice can get through very small holes/cracks, size of a nickel or so. If you have siding on the house they may be entering on the lower edge of the siding or if it's not assembled particularly well at the corners, they may be entering at that point as well.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Respectfully to the bolded, nope, not remotely true. They'll usually nest in sheltered locations preferably. What they've started to do since the snow arrived is avoid the cold because it's uber snowy and your house is easier to scavenge in than it is outside right now.

We had a similar experience to yours except we bought in winter. It turned out the previous owner had hired an exterminator to resolve the issue prior to listing but never actually did anything to seal the house. Summer came and the mice came into the house. We found out the exact same way - cat found the first one and we subsequently found droppings. Yay.

Consider going back out in the spring and doing a super close check (flashlight even during daylight hours) for smaller holes than you'd expect. Mice can get through very small holes/cracks, size of a nickel or so. If you have siding on the house they may be entering on the lower edge of the siding or if it's not assembled particularly well at the corners, they may be entering at that point as well.

I'm getting an exterminator to come in and do everything for me. This company will seal anything that's on the outside, inside and set up traps. I want them to use poison and my cat is going to be staying with my parents. Previous owners did an addition without a permit and think they're getting in behind the stove (was originally outside wall). Doesn't help previous owners didn't take very good care of their house. Was messy and I've had to deal with freaking hair, crappy old hot water tank and everything happens when Holden isn't here.

I don't want to adult anymore :(

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm getting an exterminator to come in and do everything for me. This company will seal anything that's on the outside, inside and set up traps. I want them to use poison and my cat is going to be staying with my parents. Previous owners did an addition without a permit and think they're getting in behind the stove (was originally outside wall). Doesn't help previous owners didn't take very good care of their house. Was messy and I've had to deal with freaking hair, crappy old hot water tank and everything happens when Holden isn't here.

Ah good. I didn't want to recommend an exterminator because they cost money. But they are generally the best option if only because they've seen so much before. I'm lucky in that I know a number of them and so when we had it happen one of the guys I knew lived nearby and just drove over for free. He didn't do anything but made lots of recommendations and showed me what to look for. He's retired now but was super helpful for me.

Adult stuff is just $$. :(

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Ah good. I didn't want to recommend an exterminator because they cost money. But they are generally the best option if only because they've seen so much before. I'm lucky in that I know a number of them and so when we had it happen one of the guys I knew lived nearby and just drove over for free. He didn't do anything but made lots of recommendations and showed me what to look for. He's retired now but was super helpful for me.

Adult stuff is just $$. :(

Emailed my mom's works exterminator. They do a good job and frankly really don't care what it costs. They know what to look for. I don't and I don't want another episode that was yesterday. I nearly had a panic attack. Didn't really calm down until way later into the evening. Squatter is in my stove and I won't be cooking in that anytime soon. Especially with me going out of town 2 times within 3 weeks for a week at a time, I don't want to come home with a house overrun with them.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
^And this is why I can't stand working out of town. I have 10 days left of work and 8 days of xmas at parents in Edmonton then back to home for good.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

Shaw here I come.

Did you get a property disclosure statement when you made your offer to purchase?

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Did you get a property disclosure statement when you made your offer to purchase?

Yes and work for real estate lawyers. They said there was no evidence they saw of rodents. Crock of **** given the grim that this house had. But it was in the inspection and there was no evidence after I cleaned cupboards. This little guy got in recently. They lied about a few things on it too.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This is why I hate facebook. Lost my phone today so signed into facebook for first time in a while to stay in contact with people (particularly as many people probably texting me considering its my birthday). Someone I haven't talked to in 10 years (since I was 18 playing junior hockey) messages me. Asks me what I've been doing blah blah ok no problems. Then mentions I shouldn't go into real estate like I'm planning in January but rather join his "financial advisor" firm. He doesn't know my university experience or anything I've been doing in past 10 years. After some wrangling out of him I finally get a name. World Financial Group. Look it up. Sure enough it's a damn pyramid scheme.

Now he's asking for my phone number to meet up. I'm too nice to turn him down outright so I'm pretending I went to bed.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
This is why I hate facebook. Lost my phone today so signed into facebook for first time in a while to stay in contact with people (particularly as many people probably texting me considering its my birthday). Someone I haven't talked to in 10 years (since I was 18 playing junior hockey) messages me. Asks me what I've been doing blah blah ok no problems. Then mentions I shouldn't go into real estate like I'm planning in January but rather join his "financial advisor" firm. He doesn't know my university experience or anything I've been doing in past 10 years. After some wrangling out of him I finally get a name. World Financial Group. Look it up. Sure enough it's a damn pyramid scheme.

Now he's asking for my phone number to meet up. I'm too nice to turn him down outright so I'm pretending I went to bed.

Did you tell him you were going into real estate?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
maxresdefault.jpg

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Tell your cat to get off its butt and get to work lol.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Happy belated birthday! I hope your day was filled with cake.

Tell him your psychic doesn't think a move to his company is beneficial to you at this time. There's really not much you can say in reply to that so you should be off the hook easily. :handclap:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
He knows they're around. He has probably been trying to tell me for a little bit. His head perked up in bed last night and his eyes weren't even open

Nice. have two mousers on our acreage. they clean up in the summer but as soon as winter hits they don't leave the house ha.

I'm tired of Winter and it's only December. *Sniff*

100% agree. No more snow!!! The snow is too high at home :(

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Yes and work for real estate lawyers. They said there was no evidence they saw of rodents. Crock of **** given the grim that this house had. But it was in the inspection and there was no evidence after I cleaned cupboards. This little guy got in recently. They lied about a few things on it too.

Ask the exterminator for his opinion, and then ask if see if he would testify. I love suing over PDS :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad