OT: Jets Lounge: Winds of Winter (no Star Wars spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
ban_hammer.jpg

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Don't:

Talk about politics.

Talk about hockey.

Talk about Romang's love life.

Do:

Talk about anything else.

Carry on!

You forgot beer. Don't talk about beer. It has its own thread. And did we need to be reminded about winter before summer even officially ends? I was hoping the new thread would be called Sully's Foot. :D

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
You forgot beer. Don't talk about beer. It has its own thread. And did we need to be reminded about winter before summer even officially ends? I was hoping the new thread would be called Sully's Foot. :D

It's much better BTW.

So my youngest daughter has an obsession with butter. She seeks it out and plays with it. Today I caught her with a plastic knife spreading it on one of the cabinet doors like she was painting a picture.

Except with butter.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Maybe a bit TMI:

As it turns out, my oldest does not have her period. She has a bleed, so the wife took her in and the doctor thinks she has something called Meckle's disease.

Thankfully I thought something was weird when she bled again when that happened last week.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
She's being transfered over to Children's now...and is superb pissed that she isn't allowed to eat. She seem's to be OK though. Wife is going to stay with her.

I, on the other hand, am about to start the last episode of Stranger Things. Such a good show. And that kid that plays Eleven is fantastic, even without having a lot of lines.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Fall, and all the pretty colours before the winds of winter. Birds in my yard don't fly away when I fill the feeders anymore.... progress. Have a few cute little chikadees in the yard.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Just finished it. What a great show. This a show that was full of nostalgia drawing influence from major sources throughout the era.

GJF, this is how you pull off that score of organ music...not that bag of stinky tripe "It Follows". It's done just enough to set the mood so that over a few hours of TV it doesn't get old.

The acting was good across the board...welcome back Winona. We missed you. Millie Brown steals the show...especially considering how little she has in the way of lines. I really liked the dynamic between her and Mike.

This is probably one of the best TV shows I've seen in a long while.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
sully: I agree. Loved the show, from the acting, to the premise and writing, to the cinematography. Fantastic show. :nod:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
sully: I agree. Loved the show, from the acting, to the premise and writing, to the cinematography. Fantastic show. :nod:

I wonder if it will be up for any awards? I don't think the acting was strong enough, except for maybe Winona Ryder...but I think the rest of it was.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
She's being transfered over to Children's now...and is superb pissed that she isn't allowed to eat. She seem's to be OK though. Wife is going to stay with her.

I, on the other hand, am about to start the last episode of Stranger Things. Such a good show. And that kid that plays Eleven is fantastic, even without having a lot of lines.

Hope she's ok man

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So they have to transfer her hospitals AGAIN. My wife took her to the South Health...who ducked arundel before sending her over to thensure Children's(this is where I said my wife should take her to begin with...but I already said I told you so...) now to her scan they have to send her to Foothills.

Just watch...if they need to do Surgery, they'll send her to Peter Lougheed or something.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
So my cousin just bought a house in Nanaimo and I offered to help with anything having a lot of construction/ Reno experience. I'm there for a half hour and I quickly realize my summer just died. Ah well happy to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad