Post-Game Talk: Jets destroy Avs 6-1

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
Tremendous game by the Jets, top to bottom. I really think Petan belongs, his play has matured and his passing in the o-zone is magical. Hendricks... must be a great guy.
Avs were completely overwhelmed by the skill and drive of the Jets tonight.
And Chiarot didn’t completely suckass!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well like I said, it was just a matter of time before Wheeler, Ehlers and Copp got scoring again!

Jets win more with Trouba out of the lineup!

Maybe Mo can coach after all, players all seem to like him!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Really good game by the Jets, once they scored the 2nd goal I was pretty relaxed for the rest of the game. The top-2 lines had great games. Decent game for the 3rd line.

Myers once again, 3rd game in a row where a goal could be blamed on him. Trouba cannot come back soon enough.

Roslovic is like a Perreault-in-training. So strong on his skates, so agile in his movements on the ice.

Buff was fantastic and provided some great gifs from the Penalty Box.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Really good game by the Jets, once they scored the 2nd goal I was pretty relaxed for the rest of the game. The top-2 lines had great games. Decent game for the 3rd line.

Myers once again, 3rd game in a row where a goal could be blamed on him. Trouba cannot come back soon enough.

Roslovic is like a Perreault-in-training. So strong on his skates, so agile in his movements on the ice.

I think Myers will be moved once Trouba re-signs.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Sawyer is starting to grow on me, give him the permanent wing man to Beyak job already!

What was Buff singing in the box? My guess:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Sawyer is starting to grow on me, give him the permanent wing man to Beyak job already!

He still is a little glitchy but I agree he has gotten better, I might be one of the few but I don't like the carousel of colour guys, offer the job to one guy if it's him fine, and get some continuity on the broadcasts

Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Great game, or what? The Avs are a better team than last year, even without MacK. They stayed with the Jets for half the game but then just wilted. Even missing several starters, including a couple of key ones, the Jets are a very good team.

Sometimes a good close game is more entertaining but I like to see the Jets blow away weaker opponents sometimes too. We were overdue for some goals.

Too bad Helle couldn't have made 1 more save but it is better that he let it in than that the team in front of him let him down. He was just a little slow covering that post for the wraparound.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Chiarelli is apparently looking to move Klefbom and looking for d-men who can help them move up the ice. Get on the phone Chevy with a copy pf Myers's stats
Klefbom would be sweet. I think he's been playing hurt for most of the year. Nevertheless he's signed for only 4.1M during his prime years. Other GMs must salivate when they hear Chiarelli is looking to deal.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I think Chiarelli will be trying to unload some of his ufa's really can't see him unloading a good d -man that is signed to a good contract, not at the deadline anyways.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Let's keep all of them. Only add Vesilainen and Niku to the mix. Next year as part of call up group.
I suspect Connor and Roslovic are here to stay. Replacing Matthias and probably Hendrick?

:)

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm OK with Copp in between Ehlers and Laine :) he is better suited with them than Little. I wish Petan is ready to take on that roll though.

that 3rd line account for 28% of JETS total goals so far this year. That is insane.

Top 6 is solid - I'm not complaining about it - but those 2 rookies will have ups and down. So line blender will be back.

When Lowry comes back he can do his shutdown stuff in the 3B line with Tanev and Armia.

So that bumps Hendrick to the pressbox with Dano?
Petan to the moose (ouch) :(

If and when Jets lock in the playoff and their seeding. Maybe try Roslovic 1-2 games at Center.

Jets had full control all game. This is the home team Jets we've been missing for awhile now.

GO JETS GO

Reactions: sipowicz

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013

Yeah when Myers plays this role on the team the weak part of his game (his own end of the ice) gets exposed. I would say that Trouba defensively = Myers offensively, only Trouba's weakness with offense isn't nearly as glaring as Myers weakness at defence.

He just isn't a very tenaciously physical defender despite his size/wingspan. He always tries to play the puck instead of taking the man off the puck like Trouba does so well.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Klefbom would be sweet. I think he's been playing hurt for most of the year. Nevertheless he's signed for only 4.1M during his prime years. Other GMs must salivate when they hear Chiarelli is looking to deal.
Yes, this happens every time he's looking to make a deal. Regards, Oilers fan also.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

What ??? - Myers did his job as a defenseman, and forced the guy to the outside, and the guy had to go around the net. Put the blame on that goal where it "belongs", and that is on Helle. When a player does a wrap around, the Goalie is supposed to cover that small space by the post, and seal it with his pad and skate. It wasn't Myer's fault.

You also may want to look at the fact that Myers had 2 assists against the Avs - one would have been a goal if Ehlers had not tipped it in. Myers also scored the last games winning goal. I don't see why you don't support our most talented players ??

I think just like Maurice -- Myers is a valuable defenseman for the Jets, and fans should appreciate great scoring from the back end - "they are hard to find." He'll likely finish with 40- 45 points this year--"we need that production."

I do agree it would be nice to have Trouba back, it would really solidify the right D, but why dump all over our highest scoring defenseman ??? I don't get it :huh:

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Only P-L-R line lost corsi 5 on 5. That’s a little surprising. Who did they play against? Didn’t 1st line match against Avs 1st?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
E. Kane for Roslovic 1 for 1 I would turn down lol. So much winning by Chevaldayoff. That trade was highway robbery.

I totally agree with you here, and all the Jet's fans should get together, and all chip in and buy the GM of Buffalo something nice for his birthday. He stocked our shelves very nicely with Myers, Roslovic, Armia and Lemieux, which will be good for 7 years or so.

We wouldn't want him to think we're not appreciative of his generosity, so I hope we can all get together and buy him something nice.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad