Post-Game Talk: Jets destroy Avs 6-1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't know about that ... I go to the Jet games in Vancouver lots of people wearing Jet gear and I never had or seen a problem.
Agreed, Everyone has the right to wear whatever jersey they want. And if you are traveling to support your team I would expect nothing less. But even if you are a local support who you want.

Reactions: surixon and GNP

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It's nice that Buff and Hendricks will stand up for our smaller talented, and physically less aggressive players. The word gets around to the players in the NHL mighty quickly, and that is, don't mess around with the Jets, or you'll face the consequences.

If the thought of being punched frightens you, chances are good you dropped out of hockey long before the NHL level. There is no deterrence factor to what Buff did.

But hell, I still got a kick out of watching it. :laugh:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
My thoughts on what I remember at least:

Oh my god that was such refreshing hockey. Avs were on the ropes. Not having to see ELL is like a warm summer breeze.

Buff was playing great. He was roaming like crazy but it seemed very effective. His pass on the PP was quick and right on target. This is was the absolute best version of Big Buff. Maybe don't kill the other players though when you start wailing on them. Fonzie wouldn't do that. Also, play like that on the PP every time.

I'm not convinced these are the most optimal lines, but I'm not one to judge after only one game with fresh lines. I would still run the very excellent PLE at least on the second line. I would also still run the Chef + Laine combo, but I'm happy to give the Copp line more games. I'm still quite convinced Laine and Chef would absolutely demolish this league. As long as ELL is gone, I will settle for just about anything. I'm not saying we weren't dominant because we were, I'm saying I think we can be even more dominant.

Ice time distribution seemed balanced. Really happy with that.

We are taking too many penalties though. Better teams will capitalize on that. Also got a shorty we can't count on. They were also missing MacKinnon, so I think for once this was not the real test. But I'm absolutely happy with that effort and willing to give these lines a chance. Keep this up.

Scheif is back for sure. I really liked the Wheeler goal 5v3 goal too. He was moving in and everyone knew he was going for the seam pass to Laine, except not because he just roofed it. I think he could have done a slightly better job on some of the PP's, because he tries solo efforts too many times, but this is nitpicking after a 6-1 win.

I think Ehlers and Laine play a different game so I wouldn't play them on the same line. Those cerebral passing plays make it so that Ehlers can't really use his main weapon, which is his blazing speed. They are very smart and skilled players so they will make it work, but I think they have even more to give to this team if utilized with more suitable line-mates.

No more ELL makes me a very happy camper though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
So if I wear a Jets jersey to a Jets game in Nashville I’m trolling? Gee thanks for the lesson!

Yes, maybe 1% of you is. Why can’t you support them in street clothing? Because you want others to know you’re visibly supporting them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad