Post-Game Talk: Jets Bagel the Crapitals 3 -0

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I do love how last game apples almost gets a goal and we are like no one tried at all!!!

This game toffoli almost gets a goal in same scenario and we are 'great start!!!'

Reactions: kanadalainen

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I still have a real grudge against the Caps for that dreadful 2 game B2B home stand against them years back where they basically destroyed our playoff hopes and we looked absolutely brutal. So beating the Caps like this late in the season is an enjoyable thing. Stupid but it is what it is lol...

addendum - thinking about it now I remembered I was actually at the second of those 2 games. Going into that game we were all looking for the Jets to come out guns-a-blazin to avenge the loss the previous game and keep their dim hopes alive but instead they dropped a total and complete turd. The arena was a very dismal place to be that night.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Here is a summary of the game for those in distant locales.

And if you let that summary run, Martin Biron's commentary follows. Please find a set of noise cancelling headphones and I recommend about 30 mg of your favourite b-blocker (metoprolol will be fine). :)

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I do love how last game apples almost gets a goal and we are like no one tried at all!!!

This game toffoli almost gets a goal in same scenario and we are 'great start!!!'
a. L/W?

b. Endorphin release with their chemical massage of critical neural pathways?

c. Give-a-shyte factor engaging team-wide?

Your answer _________.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Want a good read? Go read the Capitals GDT . I think we sometimes are a little too critical of our Jets this season especially. Chevy, Bowness and the team are looking very, very good this season. Bring on whoever, doesn't matter we have the White-out .:nod:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Ok, what's going on? Everywhere you look, nothing but respect and praise for the Jets, be it the other team's coach, mainstream media, or internet pundits.
No comments about Wpg weather or Wi-Fi, just about size, speed, skill, depth and systems.

This is all making me very nervous and threatening our very identity :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We debate here about lines but I think roster up front is so deep that as long as Bones just keeps these positions fixed:

X-Scheifele-Ehlers

X-Lowry-X

X-Monahan-X

X-Namestnikov-X

You could literally fill all those wingers labeled 'X' randomly from the guys that were in the lineup today and you'd end up with a group that can contend and has 1 NHL top line and 3 NHL second lines. As an exercise I filled out all those Xs with the help of a random number generator and ended up with these lines:

Nino-Scheifele-Ehlers

Connor-Lowry-Barron

Iafallo-Monahan-Perfetti

Toffoli-Namestnikov-Appleton
I liked the lines last night, Vilardi comes back and move Iafallo down. Who comes out i don't know,that's a tough one but man what a great problem to have.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I liked the lines last night, Vilardi comes back and move Iafallo down. Who comes out i don't know,that's a tough one but man what a great problem to have.
Still think we need less skill and more speed on the 4th... Barron's forecheck is noticeably more aggressive than names and perfetti - but yeah I wouldn't want to be the one making roster decisions now

Sounds like bowness describing the Canucks... :naughty:

Nov 24, 2006

Its funny because you could just change the name at the top to Rick Bowness and it could be him talking about the Canucks and our game against them last Saturday. :laugh:

Checked the TOI stats for the Washington game just now - highest forward was Scheifele with 19:50 and lowest was Barron at 11:05. Love that distribution. If we can continue to run Names and Perfetti on a 4th line actually creating offence, damn that will be something.

Edit - @WolfHouse beat me to it.

Last edited:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Want a good read? Go read the Capitals GDT . I think we sometimes are a little too critical of our Jets this season especially. Chevy, Bowness and the team are looking very, very good this season. Bring on whoever, doesn't matter we have the White-out .:nod:

Have we ever won with the WhiteOut?:laugh:

Does anyone have a Vilardi update?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad