Post-Game Talk: Jets Bagel the Crapitals 3 -0

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Maybe Ovie wasn't feeling it last night but it sure looked like he was going thru the motions. He will be 39 years old next season does he still have the juice to surpass Gretzky and score the most goals in the NHL.
Like I said in the GDT, when I picked this game to attend I was wondering if Ovi might break Gretzky's record here. The season has gone very differently than I think he was hoping/expecting. Now I wonder if I didn't see Ovi's last game in Winnipeg.

He is a big, big man. On one faceoff he was just leaning on Ehlers and little Nikky just couldn't do anything. It was kinda funny.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
So satisfying for those of us who remember the capitals shitting in our ice cream 11 years ago in a back to back to ruin our playoff hopes. That was a beat down the jets looked like the globe trotters for certain stretches. When you play like this and hellebuyck doesn't have to work hard this is a really hard team to beat. Hooray
TIL that was 11 years ago 🥲. Damn, time flies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
They should have put Volare on LTIR and acquired another forward.
there wasn't anyone left worth going after, we have enough cap space left over to run a roster of 25+. we have enough cap space for any potential call ups and still have the ability to sign mcgroarty and all of that is moot because vilardi is expected back before the regular seasons end

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Good games from the new guys, spaghetti, caribou legs, Al and the chicken man

Great game from helle

On to the next one

Spaghetti and the Chicken Man were hard up for cash
They stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash
To an undercover coach who had a D-man named Stan
For reasons unexplained he loved the Chicken Man

(Disclaimer: This is a parody of the song "Tweeter and the Monkey Man". I am not actually accusing any NHL players of illicit activity.)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Fun (?) fact: Pavelec is 7th on the list of goalies Ovechkin has scored the most goals on (22).

Pavelec played 32 games vs. Ovechkin and was scored on 22 times (.742 goals/game).

Of the guys ahead of Pavs on the list, only Lehtonen (another Atlanta goalie) and Carey Price had a worse time vs Ovi (.815 goals/game on Lehtonen, .889 on Price).

Ovi vs. Hellebuyck: 0.454 goals/game, which is pretty decent. Over Ovechkin's whole career he's at .597 goals/game.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Spaghetti and the Chicken Man were hard up for cash
They stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash
To an undercover coach who had a D-man named Stan
For reasons unexplained he loved the Chicken Man

(Disclaimer: This is a parody of the song "Tweeter and the Monkey Man". I am not actually accusing any NHL players of illicit activity.)

The Headstones' attorney would like a word with you ........ :popcorn:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Wait--we mostly lose at home in the playoffs and have whiteouts.
And we mostly win reg season games and Ehlers mostly plays < 17 minutes.
That's causation, right? :sarcasm:

lol, yeah. Definitely if there'd been no whiteout we'd have won lots more of those home playoff games. definitely. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So satisfying for those of us who remember the capitals shitting in our ice cream 11 years ago in a back to back to ruin our playoff hopes. That was a beat down the jets looked like the globe trotters for certain stretches. When you play like this and hellebuyck doesn't have to work hard this is a really hard team to beat. Hooray

Oh darn, I should have read the thread more thoroughly. I posted a similar comment after this. But yes that was an epic beat down. I can't F-ing believe it was 11 years ago! o_O

Reactions: Jets 31

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Under .500 at home in the playoffs

Vilardi might skate later this week, might not. UBI.
I know teams only say UBI or LBI at this time of year, but I'm a little worried if this is a flare-up of Villardi's back problems. He didn't seem to take a big hit or anything, but was suddenly on the end of the bench unable to play. If he's healthy for the playoffs and can stay in the lineup this team is for sure for real and a massive mountain for opponents to climb. With him out, and the acquisition of Toffoli, I believe the Jets are still a pretty big hill for those opponents.
I really want for Villardi to be healthy and succeed on this team. He seems to say and do all the right things, both on and off the ice.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I know teams only say UBI or LBI at this time of year, but I'm a little worried if this is a flare-up of Villardi's back problems. He didn't seem to take a big hit or anything, but was suddenly on the end of the bench unable to play. If he's healthy for the playoffs and can stay in the lineup this team is for sure for real and a massive mountain for opponents to climb. With him out, and the acquisition of Toffoli, I believe the Jets are still a pretty big hill for those opponents.
I really want for Villardi to be healthy and succeed on this team. He seems to say and do all the right things, both on and off the ice.
I think we'll see an average of about 40 games per season from Villardi. His body seems to be made out of soft clay, or his back injuries from the past are still there. Too bad, he's a great player with great hands when in the lineup, but I'd be very hesitant to sign him to a 4 -5 year contract if I were the Jets. This is likely why LA let him go. Maybe by some miracle his health returns, and he stays healthy, but I wouldn't count on it. We'll see what happens ?? I wish him the best.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
This is why in future he needs to be LTIRd every season he's our Mark Stoned. Do we want to really compete if so this is a perfect player.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I want to give a shout out to the Caps fans on HFCaps. Their GDT is very complimentary to our Jets, candid about what the Caps did wrong, and nary a finger pointed at the refs. And frankly they know their hockey.

Now the Canucks GDT's on the other hand....

m.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Wait--we mostly lose at home in the playoffs and have whiteouts.
And we mostly win reg season games and Ehlers mostly plays < 17 minutes.
That's causation, right? :sarcasm:
Every game I have attended this season the Jets have won 3-0 and then I've had the shits from draft beer at the yellow dog - that's causation

TNSE should hire me to attend all the playoff games and provide a two month supply of toilet paper

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Every game I have attended this season the Jets have won 3-0 and then I've had the shits from draft beer at the yellow dog - that's causation

TNSE should hire me to attend all the playoff games and provide a two month supply of toilet paper
Literally every post of yours makes me think of beerfest. You should stick to drinking one of the four best beers in Germany. I suggest becks.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Have we ever won with the WhiteOut?:laugh:

Does anyone have a Vilardi update?
We've not won a whole lot at home during the white out.

2015 Ducks - won 0, lost 2
2018 Wild - won games 1, 2, 5. Lost none.
2018 Preds - won game 3. Lost games 4 & 6.
2018 Vegas - won game 1. Lost games 2 & 5
2019 Blues - lost all three home games.
2020 Flames (qualifying round) - won one, lost one.
2021 Oilers & Montreal? No crowd in attendance but the Jets were 2 - 2.
2022 Missed playoffs
2023 Vegas - won one, lost two.

Grand total (feel free to check my arithmetic):

Nine wins, fourteen losses. Win percentage of 39.1%.

I love Helle, I really do. But he's had some sub par performances in the playoffs. That's why I'm hoping they work Bro more to wrap up the regular season. Rest Helle as much as reasonably possible. It's not like we have the second coming of Pavelec for a backup.

m.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It really looked like an NHL team playing against an ECHL team. The Jets were just skating circles around them. Excellent puck movement.
To make it an even better night, watching the Jets while on a cruise ship in the Caribbean was extra special. My two favourite things to do at the same time. :)

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We've not won a whole lot at home during the white out.

2015 Ducks - won 0, lost 2
2018 Wild - won games 1, 2, 5. Lost none.
2018 Preds - won game 3. Lost games 4 & 6.
2018 Vegas - won game 1. Lost games 2 & 5
2019 Blues - lost all three home games.
2020 Flames (qualifying round) - won one, lost one.
2021 Oilers & Montreal? No crowd in attendance but the Jets were 2 - 2.
2022 Missed playoffs
2023 Vegas - won one, lost two.

Grand total (feel free to check my arithmetic):

Nine wins, fourteen losses. Win percentage of 39.1%.

I love Helle, I really do. But he's had some sub par performances in the playoffs. That's why I'm hoping they work Bro more to wrap up the regular season. Rest Helle as much as reasonably possible. It's not like we have the second coming of Pavelec for a backup.

m.
The White-out is just a great way to get the crowd into the game even more it's not why the Jets haven't done well in the playoffs.:laugh: Agree though a rested Helly is probably a good thing . Remember this?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad