Post-Game Talk: Jets Bagel the Crapitals 3 -0

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Lovely stuff.

Helly with the bagel.

Pionk played his best game in weeks.

The new guys look good! Toffoli has some insane moves, he's another winner. So glad we got this guy.

The stacked up first line is going to score a ton of goals. Good usage of these three players.
Pionk , Perfetti and Helly all played well
Toffoli is a keeper.

Did anyone see how many caps were stretching their legs while the ice was being cleaned? It looked the coach was punishing them!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
mathmatically when do we know that the top 3 in our division clinch? I take it that it would be soon?
This probably doesn't answer your question directly. Info taken from Jet Game Day Notes.

Play off Numbers
The current line to get into the playoffs in the Western Conference is 98 points, leaving the Jets 13 points shy of that mark at 85 points with 19
games remaining… Winnipeg’s magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 21

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Seriously what a nice problem the Jets have … their depth is deep and the competition makes the depth players even better … no mistakes or you sit.
Even AHL Apples was playing like a NHLer tonight.
So glad Helle got the shutout he didn’t deserve to have 5 go by him last game … 2 were bad by 3 were not his fault.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Jets need to build off tonight's game and carry it on for the game against the Predators who have been playing lights out lately and are fighting for a playoff spot.
The Caps have been playing great lately too 7-2-1 until they ran into the Jets.
The Preds are going to find out how good the Jets are on Wednesday.
I really like the Miller acquisition … I’m impressed for a first game and only one practice he is only going to get better and I want to see that booming shot on the PP.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Enjoyed being at the game tonight.

My buddy that I attended the game with and I have crushed allot of beers together in our day but he is taking a month off booze so I joined him.

Random thoughts

Team looked totally dominant from the puck drop and the shot clock flattered the Caps.

I thought Morrissey was absolutely sublime. He put on a clinic tonight and the kid is a joy to watch live.

New guys fit in seemlesly and Toffoli is a very handy weapon to have going into the playoffs. He has no trouble playing in the dirty area and that will work at the right time of the year.

Ovi looked 48 years old tonight not 38. I am use to him tormenting me in our building but he was just coasting around out there tonight with half the intensity of PLD on an off night…..WTF?

How could Karlsson bail on his goalie to over commit to Schief and allow the back door pass to Connor? I would shit on my U18 team if they made that play.

Miller is a very safe and smooth option. Me like a

My second favorite D man to watch live was Samberg, the kid skates beautifully and really reads the play well. What a stud he is becoming.

I agree Perfetti looked great tonight and so did that 4th line. Keep feeding them minutes.

Scheif is always a force on O but man did he make some nice timely back checks tonight. New player for me to watch now.

No booze = zero trips to the washroom. That has to be a first for the old man.

I love live hockey and I need to get to more games.

Last edited:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So satisfying for those of us who remember the capitals shitting in our ice cream 11 years ago in a back to back to ruin our playoff hopes. That was a beat down the jets looked like the globe trotters for certain stretches. When you play like this and hellebuyck doesn't have to work hard this is a really hard team to beat. Hooray

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We debate here about lines but I think roster up front is so deep that as long as Bones just keeps these positions fixed:

X-Scheifele-Ehlers

X-Lowry-X

X-Monahan-X

X-Namestnikov-X

You could literally fill all those wingers labeled 'X' randomly from the guys that were in the lineup today and you'd end up with a group that can contend and has 1 NHL top line and 3 NHL second lines. As an exercise I filled out all those Xs with the help of a random number generator and ended up with these lines:

Nino-Scheifele-Ehlers

Connor-Lowry-Barron

Iafallo-Monahan-Perfetti

Toffoli-Namestnikov-Appleton

ello

Jun 12, 2018
We debate here about lines but I think roster up front is so deep that as long as Bones just keeps these positions fixed:

X-Scheifele-Ehlers

X-Lowry-X

X-Monahan-X

X-Namestnikov-X

You could literally fill all those wingers labeled 'X' randomly from the guys that were in the lineup today and you'd end up with a group that can contend and has 1 NHL top line and 3 NHL second lines. As an exercise I filled out all those Xs with the help of a random number generator and ended up with these lines:

Nino-Scheifele-Ehlers

Connor-Lowry-Barron

Iafallo-Monahan-Perfetti

Even in the post gamer tonight Bones grouped throwing Scheifele and KC over the boards when talking about first lines playing after the PK. Have to imagine those 2 are stuck at the hip barring a dramatic losing streak unfortunately, not that i dont agree

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

X-Scheifele-Ehlers

X-Lowry-X

X-Monahan-X

X-Namestnikov-X

Nino-Scheifele-Ehlers

Connor-Lowry-Barron

Iafallo-Monahan-Perfetti

I think Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers is perfectly fine, Connor and Scheifele just needed a linemate that understands that somebody needs to hang back sometimes to support the defense. Scheifele and Connor read each other really well in the offensive zone, and honestly I'd keep them together. Ehlers is always the one back when the opposition is trying to break out. Just having another player back limits a lot of options and it's nice that Ehlers has a great transition game on top of that.

Last edited:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I think Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers is perfectly fine, Connor and Scheifele just needed a linemate that understands that somebody needs to hang back sometimes to support the defense. Scheifele and Connor read each other really well in the offensive zone, and honestly I'd keep them together. Ehlers is always the one back when the opposition is trying to break out. Just having another player back limits a lot of options and it's nice that Ehlers has a great transition game on top of that.
Scheifele made a great play in front of the Jets net that was surprising to see. He is a totally different player this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: