Post-Game Talk: Jets Bagel the Crapitals 3 -0

ello

Jun 12, 2018
We've not won a whole lot at home during the white out.

2015 Ducks - won 0, lost 2
2018 Wild - won games 1, 2, 5. Lost none.
2018 Preds - won game 3. Lost games 4 & 6.
2018 Vegas - won game 1. Lost games 2 & 5
2019 Blues - lost all three home games.
2020 Flames (qualifying round) - won one, lost one.
2021 Oilers & Montreal? No crowd in attendance but the Jets were 2 - 2.
2022 Missed playoffs
2023 Vegas - won one, lost two.

Grand total (feel free to check my arithmetic):

Nine wins, fourteen losses. Win percentage of 39.1%.

I love Helle, I really do. But he's had some sub par performances in the playoffs. That's why I'm hoping they work Bro more to wrap up the regular season. Rest Helle as much as reasonably possible. It's not like we have the second coming of Pavelec for a backup.

m.
i havent checked but no way we beat vegas at home last year. won game one in vegas then lost 4 straight lol

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

2022 Missed playoffs

I love Helle, I really do. But he's had some sub par performances in the playoffs. That's why I'm hoping they work Bro more to wrap up the regular season. Rest Helle as much as reasonably possible. It's not like we have the second coming of Pavelec for a backup.

m.

i havent checked but no way we beat vegas at home last year. won game one in vegas then lost 4 straight lol

ello is right, only games 3 and 4 were in Winnipeg last year and Vegas won both of them, including that 2OT heartbreaker off of the turnover behind the net to Amadio in front.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

ello is right, only games 3 and 4 were in Winnipeg last year and Vegas won both of them, including that 2OT heartbreaker off of the turnover behind the net to Amadio in front.

Yup, you're right. I knew we won game one but forgot that it was in Vegas. Knocks our Whiteout Winning Percentage down to 34.8%. I wonder how bad it would look if we included Jets 1.0.

Oy.

m.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
The White-out is just a great way to get the crowd into the game even more it's not why the Jets haven't done well in the playoffs.:laugh: Agree though a rested Helly is probably a good thing . Remember this?:laugh:

As cheesy as that was, it remains shockingly well executed.

I mean, compared to whatever this is, it's a Grammy winner.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I know teams only say UBI or LBI at this time of year, but I'm a little worried if this is a flare-up of Villardi's back problems. He didn't seem to take a big hit or anything, but was suddenly on the end of the bench unable to play. If he's healthy for the playoffs and can stay in the lineup this team is for sure for real and a massive mountain for opponents to climb. With him out, and the acquisition of Toffoli, I believe the Jets are still a pretty big hill for those opponents.
I really want for Villardi to be healthy and succeed on this team. He seems to say and do all the right things, both on and off the ice.

What if it is not an injury at all and Bones means "Urinary Bladder Infection" when referring to his situation as "UBI"?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Looks like Iafallo was in danger of dropping but his goal kept him up there. I like Cole and Nino together though. They just could use a winger without as much 4unnel vision as Barron has.

Who was it who predicted in the GDT that Iafallo was gonna put up some points and thus secure himself on that 2nd like for the next half a dozen games?:laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

2022 Missed playoffs

m.
Slightly better with the Jets 1.0 whiteouts.

1987 Flames - won 2, lost 1
1987 Oilers - won 0, lost 2
1988 Oilers - won 1, lost 1
1990 Oilers - won 2, lost 1
1992 Canucks - won 2, lost 1
1993 Canucks - won 1, lost 2
1996 Red Wings - won 1, lost 1

9-9 .500

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Want a good read? Go read the Capitals GDT . I think we sometimes are a little too critical of our Jets this season especially. Chevy, Bowness and the team are looking very, very good this season. Bring on whoever, doesn't matter we have the White-out .:nod:

There is way more unabashed drooling over our talent and skill level on the Caps board then on our own board. I've never seen such humble praise. No excuses, no minimizing the other teams success, just flat out adoration for the Winnipeg Jets. They even preferred the Sportsnet broadcast to their own viewing option... bizarro world indeed!

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
What if it is not an injury at all and Bones means "Urinary Bladder Infection" when referring to his situation as "UBI"?
You're thinking of a UTI and no, cranberry juice will not help.

This post makes me happy.

It's business time.
It people are still casting about for a better T-shirt slogan than "fraud squad", I think our French Kiwi has come up with a perfect sales slogan:

IT'S BUSINESS TIME.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Every game I have attended this season the Jets have won 3-0 and then I've had the shits from draft beer at the yellow dog - that's causation

TNSE should hire me to attend all the playoff games and provide a two month supply of toilet paper
While they're at it, TNSE should provide you with a better quality beer.

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I still have a real grudge against the Caps for that dreadful 2 game B2B home stand against them years back where they basically destroyed our playoff hopes and we looked absolutely brutal. So beating the Caps like this late in the season is an enjoyable thing. Stupid but it is what it is lol...

addendum - thinking about it now I remembered I was actually at the second of those 2 games. Going into that game we were all looking for the Jets to come out guns-a-blazin to avenge the loss the previous game and keep their dim hopes alive but instead they dropped a total and complete turd. The arena was a very dismal place to be that night.
I was at that second game...dismal place was right. I vividly remember someone in my section tossing his Jets jersey in disgust onto the aisle stairs...only to be retrieved by him a few minutes later in true Winnipegger style.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I thought Ovi was engaged last night he just couldn’t get anything going. He slammed the bench door after the failed PP. He was banging his stick on the ice in frustration near the end. He played the full 2 minute PP, came out every 2nd shift at times. Father Time and the Jets were alive and well last night. It was a pleasure to watch.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I thought the Washington announcers were very unbiased during the broadcast; I was impressed. They thought the Jets were the best team they've seen all year. Only negative in the broadcast was when they tried to jinx the shutout at the end (that was the only time IMO when they seemed to favour the Caps).

Dirtbag151

Feb 6, 2021
I thought the Washington announcers were very unbiased during the broadcast; I was impressed. They thought the Jets were the best team they've seen all year. Only negative in the broadcast was when they tried to jinx the shutout at the end (that was the only time IMO when they seemed to favour the Caps).
they tried to Jinx it twice lol but was one of the better broadcasts I've heard as far as bias goes from another club

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
There was a lot to like last night, but two things really struck me..... One, is how dominant 55 can be when he wants to be. He was up on the rush, backchecking, winning puck battles, setting up plays etc all while being physical as well.

Two, the level of creativity on all lines. I can't remember the team passing and cycling like that ever. it was a pleasure to watch.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I thought Ovi was engaged last night he just couldn’t get anything going. He slammed the bench door after the failed PP. He was banging his stick on the ice in frustration near the end. He played the full 2 minute PP, came out every 2nd shift at times. Father Time and the Jets were alive and well last night. It was a pleasure to watch.

He was really pissed off because in the past, he's always been able to count on The Winnipeg Jets for a goal or 3! We were very reliable for him. We really let him down this time!

:laugh:

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He might have been engaged, but he has become a very ineffective player. And he is gassed after 1 minute on the PP, so the 2nd minute is just a hope and a prayer for Ovie, rather than actually trying to score. In all likelihood Washington will spend the next 2-3 seasons trying to get him the goal scoring record as he becomes less and less effective. Not the greatest of stats but Ovie had a xGF% of 27.59% last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad