Post-Game Talk: Jets Bagel the Crapitals 3 -0

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Great game top to bottom. Hellebuyck was strong, Toffoli got chances and screened the goalie on a goal and then again on a post. 4th line dominated. 3rd line has been good lately, seems like they've gone back and forth this season being really good and really bad. 1st line was fantastic. Didn't notice Miller a ton which is generally a good thing for a defenseman.

Toffoli's certainly not shy offensively, lots of unconventional and creative plays. Miller still as athletic as i remember when he was with Vegas
His ability to create something from not very much tonight was impressive. Great goalie screens as well.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Many players could have taken the coelacanth tonight.

Toffoli, Helly, even Apples, and the first line was killing it.

However the coelacanth goes to:

#91 Cole Perfetti who played his best game in forever, with a post and some real heads up play. Could have had one or two.

Perhaps a harbinger of things to come.

perfetti_cole1280-1040x572.jpg

2qzvI8.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Always good beating the Caps after some of those South East division seasons. The painful memory of back to back losses (shutouts were they?) to Washington at home killing the Jets playoff chances in 12-13 still rings painfully.

The roster is great, as long as 55-27 play together (doesn't matter who the third guy is as they are the engines of that line whenever together) it lets the Jets run 1 top line and 3 second lines, even with Vilardi being injured. Bowness just needs to do this one simple thing and then get out of the way.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Team played a great game and everyone contributed.

Helle made the big save when he needed to.

Miller and Snerg played well together.

JoMo was beasting again and the other three all played well.

Took the first line a bit to connect but took advantage of an aggressive caps team on the counter in the third.

Second line got a goal and had a couple solid shifts but also gave up a bunch as well.

Third line was it's usual solid self.

Fourth line had a great game. Cole looked a lot more like first half Cole today. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Keeps that play up and points will come.

Depending on how line two shapes out I wouldn't be opposed to putting Gabe on line four and giving teams fits with four good lines.

Kc Scheifele Fly
Iafallo Monohan Toffoli
Nino Lowry Appelton
Perfetti Names Vilardi

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
5/5 Stickmen tonight, first and foremost Helle's back on the horse bagel deserved, top line played very well, newcomers fit nicely. Everyone was pushing in the right direction tonight. Perfetti of so close dude needs to pot one. I really liked all the lines tonight, Vilardi can take as long as he needs to get as healthy as possible. As always keep collecting points.

MPIz7I.gif
MPIz7I.gif
MPIz7I.gif
MPIz7I.gif
MPIz7I.gif

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

#91 Cole Perfetti who played his best game in forever, with a post and some real heads up play. Could have had one or two.

2qzvI8.gif
Perfetti definitely deserves some love. These are the types of games that you need to give him some positive reinforcement for.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018

2qzvI8.gif
Good choice! Cole-canth was real good.
Hope he can keep it going or Bones will be breaking out the stapler again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad