Confirmed with Link: Jets acquire Joe Morrow from Montreal for 4th round pick (2018)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not saying Postma was a superstar, but he was riding the pine when Mark Stuart was beclowning himself all over the ice on the regular.

Same thing with Petan or Dano - when you have Matt Hendricks feebly waving his cane at NHL players flying past him, what the hell are we doing here?

Reactions: Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Great addition as a cost controlled cheap RFA #6-8 dman that we can have play in the coming years as depth player. We needed some depth there next year. This tells me Niku spends another full year in AHL. I think he stays here on the cheap and Jets see him as a good PB guy that can fill in with an injury or two on the left side.

Honestly don't see this having any effect on Niku, one way or another. If Niku plays well enough he will be in the NHL, playing. If not he will be in the AHL again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Enstrom will take a pay cut or go to Europe. If he's in the NHL, (And, yes, despite the overriding opinion in Winnipeg, he is still a very effective player), he'll be a Jet.

I don't doubt, or deny that he is an effective player. But he is declining and I'm not sure he will still be effective next year. I'm also not certain he wants to be in the NHL next year.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
When Trouba returns, Chiarot will pass popcorn to Morrow.
C9UAPLVVwAAsgo3.jpg

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm not saying Postma was a superstar, but he was riding the pine when Mark Stuart was beclowning himself all over the ice on the regular.

Same thing with Petan or Dano - when you have Matt Hendricks feebly waving his cane at NHL players flying past him, what the hell are we doing here?
Winning?

Reactions: Jet and Flair Hay

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
This trade is a waste of a 4th. It's a 4th so can't be too worked up about it but they could've just claimed Postma from the waiver wire or given up a 7th for Cody Franson.

I sort of agree with this post-- by reading thru the comments, posters feel that Morrow didn't play well at all.

They could have just claimed Postma off waivers and likely got a better result ?? Don't posters think we'd been a lot better off with Poolman in the game ??

We were missing 2 top defenseman in Trouba and Enstrom, and this cost us the game, along with Helle letting in a couple soft goals.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I think we would be about same with Poolman. He’s ok paired with one of the stronger D but with Chiarot I think it would get equally ugly against a Nashville team this talented.

We need Enstrom back quickly.. one D injury we can carry even in a game like this.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think we would be about same with Poolman. He’s ok paired with one of the stronger D but with Chiarot I think it would get equally ugly against a Nashville team this talented.

We need Enstrom back quickly.. one D injury we can carry even in a game like this.

With Poolman though at least Chiarot is not playing on his offside

Reactions: Jets2point0

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But could you win more?
Well I know better to argue with you about anything hockey. I just know I've been blown away by the huge improvement in Jets. I never expected any of this so to argue about borderline 4th liners feels silly.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thought he played good in the first period, what I find is he's good on the breakout but is slow to getting back into position when defending.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Morrow looked pretty bad last night. Hopefully with a few more practices under his belt he will improve.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Well I know better to argue with you about anything hockey. I just know I've been blown away by the huge improvement in Jets. I never expected any of this so to argue about borderline 4th liners feels silly.
Are you content with improvement? Or do you want the Jets to win a Stanley Cup?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Are you content with improvement? Or do you want the Jets to win a Stanley Cup?
Very content to have a team that doesn't leave me in disappointment. If they played Hendricks over Lowry or Armia I'd be upset but over Dano and Petan. I don't know if you realize how insane talking about winning the cup before this year was.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

If the issue is on the fourth line, it definitely is *marginal* but it is still real.

From my early estimates, the 3 fourth line positions represent only about 3 wins total over the season. So you are only dealing with 6 points out of the ~43 point spread in the NHL. So you can still be one of the best teams in the league and still be terrible on the fourth line, let alone submaximal.

note: this ignores the value of fourth line players playing up the line up in injury cases

Reactions: adammlis

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Very content to have a team that doesn't leave me in disappointment. If they played Hendricks over Lowry or Armia I'd be upset but over Dano and Petan. I don't know if you realize how insane talking about winning the cup before this year was.

You are mistaken. I do realize that the Jets winning the Stanley Cup was not a common prediction until this year. The only thing "insane" about this conversation is people not changing their expectations based on the results to this point.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You are mistaken. I do realize that the Jets winning the Stanley Cup was not a common prediction until this year. The only thing "insane" about this conversation is people not changing their expectations based on the results to this point.
Hopefully then the real 4th liners such as Tanev and Copp will get playing time over Hendricks not Petan who has not wowed me over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad