Confirmed with Link: Jets acquire Joe Morrow from Montreal for 4th round pick (2018)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Upgrade on Chia IMO. Puck mover. Still strong on his skates but actually moves the puck well. Sucked in MTL, but who didn't?

Reactions: Georgetown Al

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Not great but only a 4th round pick. Honestly not sure if its worth it still. Is he an upgrade over Chariot or Niku? I guess he has some experience but he has been baaaaad this year.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Teammate of Nic Petan in Portland with the Winterhawks. 1st round pick, 23rd overall in 2011 by Pittsburgh.

Left shooting defensemen that played the right side in Montreal. Nice to hear he can play both sides.

25 years old. RFA this summer. Currently making league minimum $650,000. Averaging 17:47 TOI per game. Worst Corsi among Montreal defensemen.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think this makes the most sense from a Jets perspective. Won't mess with our healthy top 6 should we get there (they got us to the dance) BUT we have some depth should we hit a few injuries. Best part is, he's still relatively young with pedigree, and is a RFA so there's a bit of a project there. Who knows, maybe he grows into something. Definitely worth a 4th.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
After this season I would not be surprised if he was a career AHL'r. I would be happy to be proven wrong. Everything I've read screams inconsistent play. At least Poolman will get playing time with the Moose.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
one guy (Morrow) has played in the NHL while one guy (Poolman) has barely played and one guy (Niku) isn't NHL ready.
it's a great trade.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
IDK. Morrow has been awful this year (admittedly on an awful team) and not much better that that historically. He's sentient, and not Melchiori, I guess.

Reactions: Calendal

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0598.jpg

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
The bad:

Historically I've not been as big on Morrow as some others, and thought of him as not as good as he tended to be valued by the market.
He's not been good at the NHL level enough to pass Chiarot on the depth charts. That's a bit concerning for Jets depth on defense if an injury occurs.

The good:

He's cheap. He's RFA. He's cost controlled.
He allows Poolman to get big mins in Manitoba, and takes less SalCap than Poolman.
He still has some potential to become a NHL regular.
He's better than the average return for a 4th round pick.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Teammate of Nic Petan in Portland with the Winterhawks. 1st round pick, 23rd overall in 2011 by Pittsburgh.

Left shooting defensemen that played the right side in Montreal. Nice to hear he can play both sides.

25 years old. RFA this summer. Currently making league minimum $650,000. Averaging 17:47 TOI per game. Worst Corsi among Montreal defensemen.

Does that mean that he can play both sides or that he can't play either side?

Not impressed really but maybe all he needs is a change of scene. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->