Confirmed with Link: Jets acquire Joe Morrow from Montreal for 4th round pick (2018)

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
For the same impact we couldve:
Claimed Oduya ( flyers beat us priority though)
Got Rielly for a 5th
Claimed Postma

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
We needed depth in D, and he can and will play either L or R. Certainly worth a 4th rounder as an investment for the playoffs, and we can sign him to league minimum and he makes a solid Moose player.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
But unlike Chiarot:
  • RFA
  • Places Poolman in AHL
  • Cheaper than Poolman to help with bonuses and whatnot

Could turn out well, who knows? The guy must have some talent. Maybe he was developed badly. But so far he has been seriously bad. I hope we don't have to actually play him.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
For the same impact we couldve:
Claimed Oduya ( flyers beat us priority though)
Got Rielly for a 5th
Claimed Postma

No more free pizzas for Johnny O NO thanks!

Postma Nah it ran its course fully there as well

Morrow seems like a great depth maneuver
Hopefully we don’t need him that much

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I'm at the Elephant & Castle at the moment. Fellow Jets fan at the wood bought me a beer. We clinked pints & drank "To Stastny."

I just returned the favour. Now we're drinking "To Morrow"
To Morrow
To Morrow
I love ya,
To Morrow,
You're onlyyyy a dayyy awayyyyyyyy!

v1.bjsyNTEzMDA7ajsxNzU5NzsxMjAwOzIwMzY7MTUyNw

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This year is the most games he has played in the NHL. I wonder if he is just a late developer and outplays Enstrom to earn his spot next season. Maybe just optimism.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I read somewhere on the boards that Enstrom was hurt in practice and left the ice.

If so, this trade has greater significance. His 5 goals in 38 games represents over 10 goals on a full season and that was on a poor offensive team in Montreal. He might add a bit of offense when he's called upon. Let's just hope we don't need to rely to heavily on him.

As a plus, I hear he has a big shot which is always fun considering how many big shots the Jets have in the lineup

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
This year is the most games he has played in the NHL. I wonder if he is just a late developer and outplays Enstrom to earn his spot next season. Maybe just optimism.

The guy who is in the 5th percentile in expected goals against is unlikely passing the guy who is in the 97th percentile in expected goals against within a year.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
This was a needed move. Now we are set. Injuries will happen. This also of course allows Poolboy to play again. Just fine fine signings all around by Chevy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad