Confirmed with Link: Jets acquire Joe Morrow from Montreal for 4th round pick (2018)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I read somewhere on the boards that Enstrom was hurt in practice and left the ice.

If so, this trade has greater significance. His 5 goals in 38 games represents over 10 goals on a full season and that was on a poor offensive team in Montreal. He might add a bit of offense when he's called upon. Let's just hope we don't need to rely to heavily on him.

As a plus, I hear he has a big shot which is always fun considering how many big shots the Jets have in the lineup
You should have kept reading. Only minutes later Maurice announced he was fine.

Reactions: mazmin

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
With Enstrom not injured and Trouba most likely back in March the Jets also hold some very decent depth on the back end now:

LHD
Morrissey
Enstrom
Kulikov
Chiarot
Morrow

RHD
Trouba
Byfuglien
Myers
Poolman

Since Morrow and Chiarot can also play the right side I can see Poolman getting top minutes with Niku in the AHL which is good for his development and the success of the Moose.

Chevy did well! His TDL'18 gets an 'A' grade from me

Reactions: Jets 31

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Not going to lie thought this was a waste of a move until Chevy explained his playoff experience last year in getting big minutes for Boston. Shoulder shrug I guess, at least he is an RFA.

Then again I was nervous about adding Kulikov who was in a terrible situation in Buffalo and has proven to be a great add by Chevy.

Reactions: Flair Hay

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
This trade is a waste of a 4th. It's a 4th so can't be too worked up about it but they could've just claimed Postma from the waiver wire or given up a 7th for Cody Franson.
When's the last time you saw Postma throw a body check?
edit ... he is just another one of the many tools in the toolbox for Maurice to use.

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012
Bad at defense, but serviceable at scoring. Honestly not a very positive impact while on the ice, but better to have Poolman playing some games for the Moose.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
This trade is a waste of a 4th. It's a 4th so can't be too worked up about it but they could've just claimed Postma from the waiver wire or given up a 7th for Cody Franson.

Obviously something they liked about him. The Jets have made very few errors in judgement in the recent past. I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Morrow isn't great by any means, but on a bottom pairing he should do fine. Every now and then he'll surprise you with a cannon of a slapshot too, which is fun.
Hey love your avatar , if you want to jump on the Jets bandwagon you might see those two in our stands , they go to some of our games . :laugh:

Reactions: Le Tricolore

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Great addition as a cost controlled cheap RFA #6-8 dman that we can have play in the coming years as depth player. We needed some depth there next year. This tells me Niku spends another full year in AHL. I think he stays here on the cheap and Jets see him as a good PB guy that can fill in with an injury or two on the left side.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Great addition as a cost controlled cheap RFA #6-8 dman that we can have play in the coming years as depth player. We needed some depth there next year. This tells me Niku spends another full year in AHL. I think he stays here on the cheap and Jets see him as a good PB guy that can fill in with an injury or two on the left side.

Trouba re-signing and Enstrom's willingness to take a pay cut are the unknowns..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad