Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Avs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Great game to be at tonight. Team played lights out for most of it. AVs had nothing going for a long time. Morrissey had MacKinnon in his back pocket all night. Gabe is one beast with some sexy mitts

BUT

WTF IS WITH THE REFFING IN THIS LEAGUE. AVS GOT AWAY WITH SO MUCH WHEN IT WAS 3-0 AND THEY JUST MADE EVERY CHINTZY CALL AGAINST US

Game management. It seems that once a lead gets to 3 the trailing team gets away with murder. The leading team gets screwed over. Then there are issues of ref competence but that is separate from game management.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
PLD could be great.
Something not quite right with him.
Has all the skills, the size ……
Leaves you wanting more

If we are being fair, PLD has had pretty shit linemates for most of the season. He started the season with Fiala or the first half a dozen games who is pretty good but Fiala was moved off his line after it wasn't working since then his linemates haven't been great. They've had the rookie Alex Laferrier stapled to him on his RW who reminds me of Burmistrov in that he always looks busy, skating a mile a minute and seems like he is doing something out there but nothing ever happens (the off the mask goal on Helle aside) and his other linemate for the most part has been Grundstrom- a nice player but more of a 4th line/checking talent. I am not saying he's a world beater but with decent linemates he'd probably still be on track to put up his usual ~60ish points rather than the 37 point pace is is on right now.

Reactions: Guardian17

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
A lot more forwards playing 200 foot, this year.....
I was eating a Fat Boy from the Dairi Wip at the time, when I first saw Kyle Connor go full ignition to back-check and recover in the D-zone from a turnover he made in the O-zone. I'm fairly certain it was a chunk of beef coated in 'Cincinatti chili' that fell out of my mouth when I was absolutely shocked; my golden Penny scooped up the evidence before I could look twice, so the world may never know.

Suffice it to say, if it can knock food out of a fat man's mouth, you KNOW it's a monster effort.

Even if PLD was pacing for, say 60.....this trade is still. a fine deal from Chevy.......

PS..... Recieved a message informing me of some kind of award. I trust a monetary package will be en route, soon.....

How many times does Chevy need to be forced into a corner by a young talent, and turn chicken shit into chicken salad, before we recognize he's actually very good at his job?

He's not an A+ GM, I'd reserve that for privateers like Lou Lamoriello, and anyone that ever got to trade with Mike Milbury. But a definite B+ to A- GM and most importantly, a defensive wizard in the front office. The next time Chevy gets ripped off will be the first time, as Old Man Jack down at the poker room would say.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
For brevity, let's refer to them as shitmates. Or shytemates. That also works.

I grew up in a poor rural manitoba town with only one outhouse. Suffice it to say I had a lot of shitmates.

Ok, that's not actually true.

A few times in the past, the Jets have seemed to step up when a key player has been out of the line-up. That's certainly happening now with Connor out. That adversity might even be good on a year with serious playoff aspirations, because everyone seems to push themselves to a new level, and maybe that will stick once we have Connor back. And guys get injured in the playoffs too.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Missed another great game! Won’t be able to catch a Jets game next week either I don’t think. I hope I can but just not timing up with my work commitments

Any who - Gotta love it. Jets are a good team.
I find myself watching the highlights multiple times from various sources

Vilardi’s mitts are insane

What does this make this.. 19 straight games of 3 or less GAA?

Don't look know, but we have an elite defensive team.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
This is the best I've felt about this team in a long time. We have players winning board battles who wouldn't have even bothered to try in the past few years. It doesn't feel like we're swinging above our weight class.
I agree it starts with effort and doing the small things, paying the price that certain players just would not the past few years. Iafallo, Nino and Names are perfect examples of players who do that regularly but getting the best player on the team, Scheifele to buy in has also made a huge difference.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
SN provided rare footage of the refs debriefing from last night's tilt.

jimboinmud-piggy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad