Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Avs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
The @Guardian17 GDT came through with a huge win!

Thanks @macmaroon !

Villardi and Iofallo with goals.

Hellebuyck was solid.

leandro-stane-comic-cover-jpg-200.jpg

Forgot about this. This is Legendary!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I could only watch the 3rd unfortunately.

Vilardi is very good.

Gus and Barron took over a couple shifts. Gus had the best underlying numbers on the team tonight.

The effort level of this team is beyond what we've seen for awhile. Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, and Pionk have always produced but have all been guilty of playing on the perimeter at times. This team is engaging in so many more board battles and winning a lot of them.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What a game by the Jets. Yes the Avs were missing Makar and Lehkonen but the Jets are also missing Connor.

Hopefully Iafallo got the monkey off of his back with that goal and assist.

Vilardi has the best hands in tight on a Jets 2.0 player ever. Armia is close but unlike Armia, Vilardi seems to finish. He is the perfect partner for 55, a guy who goes to the net and who can finish plays or at the very least get secondary opportunities on plays in tight. That top line has been lacking that element mostly relying shooting quality pretty much ever since Ladd left. He's a great element to have up there.

Great game by Nate Schmidt... yes he may not be worth his contract but I am usually not clenching with him out there. Made smart plays and got the puck out of the zone quick.

3rd line did a good job neutralizing MacKinnon.

4th line had some nice jump and had some good shift. AJF's play with the puck was pretty solid.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I’m at a family Christmas party and on beer 17 but we watched the game and I must say I am happy to be a Jets fan and a part of the HFJets community, especially after a game like this one. Thanks for coming out, everyone!

Glad you took the time out of your busy day to post :laugh:

I'm only on beer ~4 but they're pretty strong beers at 6.5-8%.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Plus he has a bit of snarl to his game

PLD had some nice snarl. If he treated every opponent like he treated the littly piggy in Toronto that one game he'd be a much better player. Too inconsistent though, especially defensively. Vilardi is at worst always solid defensively and a lot of times much better and has a better scoring touch.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I’m at a family Christmas party and on beer 17 but we watched the game and I must say I am happy to be a Jets fan and a part of the HFJets community, especially after a game like this one. Thanks for coming out, everyone!
I was once at a party and got drunk and sick on two beers which I believe were the 16th and 17th ones of the night so be careful

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Are the Jets for real?
Yes, maybe they are.
Can they win a Stanley Cup?
Yes, they have a chance.
I say this as a Jet fan since 1972 when Bobby Hull became a Jet.
That said, I've been disappointed for 43 NHL years.
My days are numbered.
Please win a cup sooner then later.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What a game by the Jets. Yes the Avs were missing Makar and Lehkonen but the Jets are also missing Connor.

Vilardi has the best hands in tight on a Jets 2.0 player ever. Armia is close but unlike Armia, Vilardi seems to finish. He is the perfect partner for 55, a guy who goes to the net and who can finish plays or at the very least get secondary opportunities on plays in tight. That top line has been lacking that element mostly relying shooting quality pretty much ever since Ladd left. He's a great element to have up there.

Great game by Nate Schmidt... yes he may not be worth his contract but I am usually not clenching with him out there. Made smart plays and got the puck out of the zone quick.

4th line had some nice jump and had some good shift. AJF's play with the puck was pretty solid.
Somebody mentioned Pavelski as a Vilardi comparable and I've seen that too. His hands in tight are insane, but if you give him space he's a very skilled playmaker as well. Plus being defensively sound and great net front. If he can stay healthy that trade will be highway robbery.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Iafallo got going again because i played his goal song before the game. :naughty::laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
PLD had some nice snarl. If he treated every opponent like he treated the littly piggy in Toronto that one game he'd be a much better player. Too inconsistent though, especially defensively. Vilardi is at worst alwayssolid defensively and a lot of times much better and has a better scoring touch.
PLD could be great.
Something not quite right with him.
Has all the skills, the size ……
Leaves you wanting more

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
PLD had some nice snarl. If he treated every opponent like he treated the littly piggy in Toronto that one game he'd be a much better player. Too inconsistent though, especially defensively. Vilardi is at worst alwayssolid defensively and a lot of times much better and has a better scoring touch.
Never realized his board play was so good, knew he had mitts but he controls the play along the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark