Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Avs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Iafallo got going again because i played his goal song before the game. :naughty::laugh:

IMG_5991.jpeg
And he thanks you for that

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
with the comments in this forum about PLD, I am thinking how long is it before trade talks about him start..

Reactions: GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Somebody mentioned Pavelski as a Vilardi comparable and I've seen that too. His hands in tight are insane, but if you give him space he's a very skilled playmaker as well. Plus being defensively sound and great net front. If he can stay healthy that trade will be highway robbery.

Yeah I could see Pavelski for sure. On his 2nd goal after the Jets win the the faceoff and the puck is going to the DeMelo notice how he subtly lifts the stick of the winger attempting to take DeMelo... buys DeMelo those extra milliseconds to make a better play than he would have otherwise [COL 1-(4) WPG] Gabriel Vilardi with some good net front presence to make it 4-1 for the Jets. Winnipeg responds just 1:33 after Colorado scored.

I had no idea his hands were this good prior to the trade.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Vilardi has the best hands in tight on a Jets 2.0 player ever. Armia is close but unlike Armia, Vilardi seems to finish. He is the perfect partner for 55, a guy who goes to the net and who can finish plays or at the very least get secondary opportunities on plays in tight. That top line has been lacking that element mostly relying shooting quality pretty much ever since Ladd left. He's a great element to have up there.
Came here to say the same thing about Vilardi's hands around the net. They are unreal.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The late night games this week finally caught up to me as I fell asleep sometime in the second period. Great game by the Jets, not only are they having fun but they seem like a team on a mission! I give this game four superheroes out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Montreal Canadiens has been posted for your guesses. Please, don't forget to sign up to make a GDT, you'll be a superhero in my books...

giphy.gif

See you on Monday, good night...

sleeping-well-tips.jpg

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Great game by Nate Schmidt... yes he may not be worth his contract but I am usually not clenching with him out there. Made smart plays and got the puck out of the zone quick.
100% agree with this.
This is what pleased me the most about tonight's game besides the Jets winning ... Schmidt had a very good game. Nobody should being saying anything negative about him in this game.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Great that Ehlers is on a heater and Vilardi rounding into form. He's a beaut. Better though IMO with KFC out are the goals from Names, Nino and iafallo. We are going to need those players to score for the next month to keep in contention. Norrissey great but would like to see some of his shots find the back of the net.

Great team game. Go Jets Go. No January swoon.

!st in the Central by win % at least and 5th overall in the NHL but nobody other than Chicago in the Central going away. 7 teams at .500 or better.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Great that Ehlers is on a heater and Vilardi rounding into form. He's a beaut. Better though IMO with KFC out are the goals from Names, Nino and iafallo. We are going to need those players to score for the next month to keep in contention. Norrissey great but would like to see some of his shots find the back of the net.

Great team game. Go Jets Go. No January swoon.

!st in the Central by win % at least and 5th overall in the NHL but nobody other than Chicago in the Central going away. 7 teams at .500 or better.
Guaranteed Bedard won’t be driving a Hyundai much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad