Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Dead Wings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Drop Stanley off at the train station.

.. and presumably pick him up there again, as I am sure he'd be extremely effective in the Moose and, when needed, an emergency choice. You know, emergencies like "Heinola was ready to make the team but got whacked in camp el oh el".

I really do hope he plays hockey at the highest level he can for as long as he can. I simply say, without prejudice and without malice, that he is not the sixth best defenseman the Winnipeg Jets can play. Okay, sixth+. You get my point.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The officiating wasn't as bad as the Montreal game but still crap . Ehlers gets tackled by Charoit and no call and seconds later they call Neo for a phantom penalty , i looked at the scoreboard and said oh right the Jets are leading in the 3rd guess the refs have to make some calls against us.:help:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The officiating wasn't as bad as the Montreal game but still crap . Ehlers gets tackled by Charoit and no call and seconds later they call Neo for a phantom penalty , i looked at the scoreboard and said oh right the Jets are leading in the 3rd guess the refs have to make some calls against us.:help:

The ability of math models to predict the next penalty solely as a function of the score, to a degree that leaves random chance sucking tailpipe fumes, should be a GIGANTIC black mark on the league. This is the same kind of modelling they've used to see who did and who didn't throw games on that Black Sox team a century ago.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
.. and presumably pick him up there again, as I am sure he'd be extremely effective in the Moose and, when needed, an emergency choice. You know, emergencies like "Heinola was ready to make the team but got whacked in camp el oh el".

I really do hope he plays hockey at the highest level he can for as long as he can. I simply say, without prejudice and without malice, that he is not the sixth best defenseman the Winnipeg Jets can play. Okay, sixth+. You get my point.
Nobody comes back from the “train station “ :laugh:

Nov 24, 2006
I hope Vilardi can stay healthy, he fits so well with that line. Did e is not fast at all but he’s one of those players that doesn’t really need to be with hands like that.

Id this line is still cooking, we will have a scenario where KFC may wind up on the 2nd line.

Reactions: GNP and hn777

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hope Vilardi can stay healthy, he fits so well with that line. Did e is not fast at all but he’s one of those players that doesn’t really need to be with hands like that.

Id this line is still cooking, we will have a scenario where KFC may wind up on the 2nd line.
Connor is out for a while and the line could get cold but if it's clicking like this Connor on the 2nd line is amazing depth.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's hard to be too critical of the Jets right now but if there's one area of concern (other than special teams) it's getting some of our secondary scorers going.

It's nice to have goals from Barron and AJF but you can't bank on 4th line offense winning you games, and our first line is inevitably going to have some cold nights.

I seem to recall Appleton taking some big hits but he's gone stone cold. Not just cold but he's just not doing anything offensively.

Iafallo, Lowry, Nino and Apples need to start producing more. We need these guys.

It's starting to look more and more like the Jets will be looking at a top 6 deadline forward. A center who can win draws is a wishlist, but if not I'm fine with a winger and moving Cole back to C.

If we do that our forward group is absolutely scary:

13-55-27
81-91/xx-xx/91
62-17-9
36-7-15

19-71

First line: devastating
Second line: match-up hell
Third line: heavy, defensive, tenacious
Fourth line: speed to burn, relentless forecheck, feast on soft comp

Black aces: plug n play

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's hard to be too critical of the Jets right now but if there's one area of concern (other than special teams) it's getting some of our secondary scorers going.

It's nice to have goals from Barron and AJF but you can't bank on 4th line offense winning you games, and our first line is inevitably going to have some cold nights.

I seem to recall Appleton taking some big hits but he's gone stone cold. Not just cold but he's just not doing anything offensively.

Iafallo, Lowry, Nino and Apples need to start producing more. We need these guys.

It's starting to look more and more like the Jets will be looking at a top 6 deadline forward. A center who can win draws is a wishlist, but if not I'm fine with a winger and moving Cole back to C.

13-55-27
81-91/xx-xx/91
62-17-9
36-7-15

19-71

I agree that we need a top 6 upgrade to really push this team over the top.

The third line has regressed but that was to be expected. They weren't going to continue to score on 20% Of their shots.

Iafallo has done nothing 5 on 5 this year. He's scoring at 4th line rates despite almost all of his minutes playing with high end talent. I haven't been all that impressed with him.

Nino shouldn't be signaled out, he's actually scoring at first line rates from the third line.

Appelton and Lowry have regressed to close to their norms scoring wise so no real complaints there.

The issue is with KC down we don't have enough talent to surround Cole on the second line without moving Nino up. I might actually do that since the third line has cooled off.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

13-55-27
81-91/xx-xx/91
62-17-9
36-7-15

19-71

Maybe Lindholm from Calgary since it looks like he doesn't want to sign with them . Lindholm, Connor and Perfetti would make a damn good second line.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
That was a fun game to watch.

Vilardi is on fire and far more effective than PLD for the Kings.

Brossoit made some key saves at the right time to stop and momentum from the Wings.

The fourth line made the Wings miserable.

The whole team was in sync.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

13-55-27
81-91/xx-xx/91
62-17-9
36-7-15

19-71

I don't disagree, but if EVERYONE was "going", we'd be scoring 10 goals a game (unless primary scoring dries up, in which case we'd be nitpicking THAT)

I think its pretty normal for guys of the calibre you're mentioning to have droughts, otherwise they'd be top six guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino