Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Stayed awake for the entire game, but could have easily nodded off in that first period...

BugsYawn.gif

Jets played better in the second, but game management by the refs in the third helped the Red Wings. Brossoit played a pretty good game tonight so I'll give it four Chevy Novas out of five...

Nova1.gif
Nova2.gif
Nova3.gif
Nova4.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Bawstan Brewins has been posted, so go ahead and start getting those guesses in. And while you are at it, don't forget to help ol' sleepy @macmaroon out by signing up for a GDT, there are lots of games still available, so...

See you on Friday, good night...

Sleep Car.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think anyone had any idea how good Vilardi is. I expected him to be a downgrade on PLD in the near future with some potential of being as good or better in a few years but he has been absolutely unreal. The best player around the net ts 2.0 history and it's not even close. That element has been so lacking for this team in the post-Ladd era.

Gabe was a high end prospect talent wise right from the draft, it’s just that injuries crushed his progress. His path reminds me of a more talented Chaz Lucius, Gabe missed half of his draft +1 season and all of his draft +2 season and some worried he might be done. Then like many others he kind of got caught up in the Covid interruptions. Gabe did finally gain traction two seasons ago and he finally broke out Last season in LA in a lesser role than he has been afforded in Winnipeg. Make no mistake, there was a reason Kings fans were pissed off with the PLD trade before this season even started, because this is what he was flashing at times last season.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Stayed awake for the entire game, but could have easily nodded off in that first period...

View attachment 787659

Jets played better in the second, but game management by the refs in the third helped the Red Wings. Brossoit played a pretty good game tonight so I'll give it four Chevy Novas out of five...

View attachment 787661 View attachment 787662 View attachment 787663 View attachment 787665

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Bawstan Brewins has been posted, so go ahead and start getting those guesses in. And while you are at it, don't forget to help ol' sleepy @macmaroon out by signing up for a GDT, there are lots of games still available, so...

View attachment 787666

See you on Friday, good night...

View attachment 787667
Eat more NUTS man! :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
At the game tonight. Maybe it was the cheap beers at the Garrick (it's still open!) but never felt worried at this game. Fabulously entertaining, decent enough crowd, enjoyable game. Was waiting for the Gordie Howe hatty from Fjallby, but he let me down. Alas.

Back on Friday against the B's. Figure I'll be back at the Garrick and by games end won't be quite so coherent. Go figure.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
At the game tonight. Maybe it was the cheap beers at the Garrick (it's still open!) but never felt worried at this game. Fabulously entertaining, decent enough crowd, enjoyable game. Was waiting for the Gordie Howe hatty from Fjallby, but he let me down. Alas.

Back on Friday against the B's. Figure I'll be back at the Garrick and by games end won't be quite so coherent. Go figure.
Don't worry about being coherent by game's end, neither will the Bruins' commentator Jack Edwards. You may even see him at the Garrick pre-game

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

KFC with Perfetti to give the second line an elite goal scorer, maybe a (non Kevin Hayes-esque) 2C at the deadline?

Sounds good to me. Vilardi won't continue to score at 4.5 p/60 at 5 on 5 but he's clearly a different type of top line talent then we are accustomed to here.

Agreed. But it will impact other contracts down the line. And he is one of the players we need to keep as he adds an element we need in our top 6.

One of the reasons I think Ehlers is gone in a year, Can't keep all our first line talent in a cap league. That or we need to hope our d prospects hit and we can go cheap there.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Coleacanth of the game

(The entire 4th line was great, and Ehlers had a super strong 2nd and 3rd but...)

#36 Morgan Barron

He continues to show flashes of something special, and had a solid game. He is almost the archetype of what is coelacanthine.

No pressure on you kid, but this board is onto you.

View attachment 787624

View attachment 787664
I missed this game sadly, but Barron has a crazy work ethic and some skill to go along with it.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Barron, Lambert, Salomonnsen and Milic… for Copp and a 6th round pick?! Yup, I do that trade all day long!
I don't think NYR believed they would make the ECF when they made the trade. Or that Lambert would fall to 29. Regardless, it will likely go down as the greatest trade in Jets history.

After the PLD trade that is.

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I'm more of an Eeyore kind of guy, but Pooh isn't wrong.
Funny story related to pants. A few years ago no I was sick as a dog. Cold & fever at the same time, headache, etc. I overmedicated myself between tylenol, a good 3 or 4 large shots of whiskey, neo citran, cough syrup and something else I am forgetting. So I was in bed hallucinating and because my body couldn't tel if I was hot or cold from minute to minute I was nekkid under a half a dozen blankets or so.

Anyways I got up to go tell my girlfriend what I was hallucinating, went downstairs and walked into the living room where she and her best friend were looking at some travel photos and not talking so i didn't know anyone else was in the house.

So I walk into the living room in the buff and the two of them crack up and the girlfriend says "Honey we normally wear pants here to entertain guests. And Marilyn my wife's friend says "You remembered my birthday, how sweet.

The story comes up at every get together now.:laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Funny story related to pants. A few years ago no I was sick as a dog. Cold & fever at the same time, headache, etc. I overmedicated myself between tylenol, a good 3 or 4 large shots of whiskey, neo citran, cough syrup and something else I am forgetting. So I was in bed hallucinating and because my body couldn't tel if I was hot or cold from minute to minute I was nekkid under a half a dozen blankets or so.

Anyways I got up to go tell my girlfriend what I was hallucinating, went downstairs and walked into the living room where she and her best friend were looking at some travel photos and not talking so i didn't know anyone else was in the house.

So I walk into the living room in the buff and the two of them crack up and the girlfriend says "Honey we normally wear pants here to entertain guests. And Marilyn my wife's friend says "You remembered my birthday, how sweet.

The story comes up at every get together now.:laugh:
Christ, after that medicinal regimen, your girlfriend should just be happy you lived to tell the tale!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The only Players we can send to the Moose without going through waivers would be Perfetti(not going to happen) and Heinola(who might go down for a conditioning stint).

Not sure what the Jets will do.

They did call Toninato back up so he'll go back down if Kupari comes back after the Xmas break. When Heinola is ready then you just drop Stanley off at the perimiter and tell him to f*** off.:D

Why would you want Stanley to Face off?

• Haha
Reactions: ThinIce61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad