Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Dead Wings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba

KFC with Perfetti to give the second line an elite goal scorer, maybe a (non Kevin Hayes-esque) 2C at the deadline?

Elias Lindholm down the middle with Perfetti and Connor on the wings would give the Jets two very potent top lines.

Make it happen Chevy. 2024 1st, Habs 2024 2nd and Logan Stanley is my offer. Maybe swap the 2nd for Chaz Lucious to really seal the deal?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
When I first heard of the PLD trade, I was happy we got rid of a malcontent, who didn't want to be here. Because Chevy had only 1 or 2 teams he could possibly deal with, I thought he likely got average middle of the road players in return. Never really heard of any of these guys we got back, until they became Jets.

Man, was I wrong, this Villardi guy could turn out to be a huge player for the Jets, and much better than PLD. Not to mention 2 other guys and a 2nd round pick - WOW -- Chevy really worked some magic, and the LA GM, is just not a good evaluator of talent.

If Villardi can stay healthy, and the same for Ehlers and Perfetti, there's a good chance we can win the Central division, and then compete for the Western Conference title. We'd have a 40 goal scorer in Connor back as well. Gotta get by Vegas tho ??

I still think Vegas is the best and deepest team in the NHL, but I'd love to see the Jets unseat them. Both "deep talent teams".

Reactions: hn777

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Last night we were 56.5% on faceoffs.
It's about time! Prior to last night's game the #1 team for Faceoff Wins was the Rangers at 56.2%. Jets were in at #30 at 46.4%. The only teams worse than the Jets were the Hawks and Wild.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was hammered at the game so missed alot of it but every couple glances the top line was making shit happen.
Did you hit the 649 to be able to get hammered at CLC or are you a lightweight?

I've had a few of those in my past... I remember once my wife called me after the game and I answered "hey...." and she was like "are you hammered?"

Somehow, I managed to slur the work "hey" lol

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It's hard to be too critical of the Jets right now but if there's one area of concern (other than special teams) it's getting some of our secondary scorers going.

It's nice to have goals from Barron and AJF but you can't bank on 4th line offense winning you games, and our first line is inevitably going to have some cold nights.

I seem to recall Appleton taking some big hits but he's gone stone cold. Not just cold but he's just not doing anything offensively.

Iafallo, Lowry, Nino and Apples need to start producing more. We need these guys.

It's starting to look more and more like the Jets will be looking at a top 6 deadline forward. A center who can win draws is a wishlist, but if not I'm fine with a winger and moving Cole back to C.

If we do that our forward group is absolutely scary:

13-55-27
81-91/xx-xx/91
62-17-9
36-7-15

19-71

First line: devastating
Second line: match-up hell
Third line: heavy, defensive, tenacious
Fourth line: speed to burn, relentless forecheck, feast on soft comp

Black aces: plug n play
I don't have a problem or worried about the Jets secondary scoring when you are giving up 3 or less goals a game.
Usually when a team does not score it means the opposing goalie is playing great or is lucky or the team is just having one of those bad games.
Its all about line match ups. Jets have 4 good lines and if the opposing team only has 2 good lines well that means 2 of the lines will have plenty of scoring chances.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Did you hit the 649 to be able to get hammered at CLC or are you a lightweight?

I've had a few of those in my past... I remember once my wife called me after the game and I answered "hey...." and she was like "are you hammered?"

Somehow, I managed to slur the work "hey" lol
Probably lightweight lol.
Double gin and club sodas are 12ish-14ish dollars or something, I don't even know exactly. But 2-3 those a period had me feeling It (someone insert gif here)

Was heavily disappointed that the 23$ Margarita wasn't even a real one

• Haha
Reactions: Buffdog

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Who in the hell is PLD and why is he always being brought up?
I remember a year ago the Jets had some guy named PLD is that the same guy?:D
Seriously give it a rest ... nobody cares about him.
Keep gloating about how bad PLD is and it might come back to bite you in the azz in the playoffs when the Jets play the Kings in the WCF.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Vilardi's so f***ing good you guys, I'm so happy for him. Kings are doing pretty well in spite of Dubois, but Vilardi is CRUSHING. I always liked the Jets, but now I love them. Might have to get me a Vilardi jersey!

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Double gin and club sodas are 12ish-14ish dollars or something, I don't even know exactly. But 2-3 those a period had me feeling It (someone insert gif here)

6-9 doubles during a game doesn't make you a lightweight lol. That's quality work

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Who in the hell is PLD and why is he always being brought up?
I remember a year ago the Jets had some guy named PLD is that the same guy?:D
Seriously give it a rest ... nobody cares about him.
Keep gloating about how bad PLD is and it might come back to bite you in the azz in the playoffs when the Jets play the Kings in the WCF.
Lee Stempniak still gets brought up on occasion. The aftermath of big trades easily has a lifespan past the following season.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
The ability of math models to predict the next penalty solely as a function of the score, to a degree that leaves random chance sucking tailpipe fumes, should be a GIGANTIC black mark on the league. This is the same kind of modelling they've used to see who did and who didn't throw games on that Black Sox team a century ago.

I wonder if there is a correlation between one team getting a controversial penalty increasing the probability of the opposing team getting a penalty.

I would be extremely surprised if The "make up call" wasnt an easily identifiable variable in predicting penalties...

That would be an interesting stat.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Can i borrow some money? Apparently you are loaded.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Stumbledore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00