Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Call up Chibrikov or lambert
I think it will be Chibrikov if it will be either. I am a little worried they might call up Jeff Malott, or worse Toninato.

Just spitballing but how about Morgan Barron on the first line to give that line more of what they had when Iafallo was up there. I think there is untapped potential there that can't really come out on the 4th line.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Volare when he gets the jacket, "Ugly win but that's what we do!"

My favorite interview on the team...brutally honest.

He's got a bit of Wheeler in him that there is an edge to his interviews that's not there with other hockey players. Hopefully he can channel and control it, something Wheeler had trouble doing leading to a lot of the drama with the local reporters.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He's got a bit of Wheeler in him that there is an edge to his interviews that's not there with other hockey players. Hopefully he can channel and control it, something Wheeler had trouble doing leading to a lot of the drama with the local reporters.
I just re-watched Volare's goal...a bit of a slew foot on Goodass on the play.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah it didn't look good. Hoping just for a sprain and no tares, especially anything requiring surgery. I guess we will find out over the next day or so.
Didn't look like a surgical injury to me. With ACL ( and even bad MCL) tears the leg is usually planted or has no ability to 'give' to the applied force. Connor looked like he had much of his weight on the other skate so my guess is weeks, not months. MRIs are smarter than me, though.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Apparently he doesn't know the difference between a sprain and a tear. Sprains are, by definition, tears to ligaments

While he accurately describes the grading criteria, a "torn" MCL would be a complete tear meaning a grade 3

Not to mention that it's common for MCL and ACL to be damaged at the same time (and medial meniscus - AKA the "Unholy Triad") but that's usually via an impact to the outside of rhe knee. But both the ACL and MCL could be involved based on the angle of impact that I sae

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Also missed some of the game as I gnawed on moms overcooked roast beast!

nice comeback from 2 down

saw the highlights of the cheap shot on KFC, total bull shit play

first place smells nice

slow Gus dressed

No, leave AHL Apples on the third or better yet move Barron up and drop AHL Apples to the 4th line
I feel the pain.
My mum used to murder roast beef...had to rehydrate it in gravy and eat it last.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Apparently he doesn't know the difference between a sprain and a tear. Sprains are, by definition, tears to ligaments

While he accurately describes the grading criteria, a "torn" MCL would be a complete tear meaning a grade 3

Not to mention that it's common for MCL and ACL to be damaged at the same time (and medial meniscus - AKA the "Unholy Triad") but that's usually via an impact to the outside of rhe knee. But both the ACL and MCL could be involved based on the angle of impact that I sae
Looked like an mcl injury to me. So quite possible some meniscus damage as well.

Maybe he lucks out and it is just a strain

Reactions: roccerfeller

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Just back to the hotel after seeing the game in Anaheim. Great to see the boys come back and get the two points! Really hope KFC is going to be ok.

A few thoughts on seeing a game in Anaheim:

- it was a thin crowd this evening... The rink felt only 2/3 full. I got my tickets from Ticketmaster (not resale) for 19 bucks - that is waaay cheaper than the cheapest Jets tickets. I know circumstances are different everywhere, but I really think people need to stop obsessing over the Jets games attendance. Lots of teams have trouble filling their rinks at various points in time.
- there were lots of other Jets fans at the game. It was a blast cheering with my fellow Winnipeggers in California.
-Anaheim fans were all friendly and polite. Even after we went ahead and then won the game. Classy fans!

Can't wait to see the Jets take on the Kings on Wednesday!
Booooo PLD Booooo 🤣

GJG!

Last edited:

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017

It looks like a simple hyperextension injury to me.

The knee-to-knee contact is head on. Connor's knee hyperextends without much rotational force. There's no significant lateral deformity of the joint as he's flying through the air or when he's lying on his side.

A hyperextension mechanism of injury often results in a PCL sprain/tear. PCL injuries feel immediately unstable, which would fit with Connor holding his knee still lying on the ice and not trying to get up until helped.

The injury could of course be more complicated, but he didn't seem to be in that much pain as you might expect with a fracture (to the tibia or patella) or from a multiligament injury.

Uncomplicated PCL injuries don't necessarily require surgery. Recovery is usually 2-3 months.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Sometimes I feel like forcing the player who made the hit (Strome) to fight someone who's not really a fighter isn't enough of a detterent/response. Not that we should've taken his head off per-say but as a fan it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that his "punishment" from the Jets for knocking out our best player for maybe months was beating Scheifele in a fight.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
It looks like a simple hyperextension injury to me.

The knee-to-knee contact is head on. Connor's knee hyperextends without much rotational force. There's no significant lateral deformity of the joint as he's flying through the air or when he's lying on his side.

A hyperextension mechanism of injury often results in a PCL sprain/tear. PCL injuries feel immediately unstable, which would fit with Connor holding his knee still lying on the ice and not trying to get up until helped.

The injury could of course be more complicated, but he didn't seem to be in that much pain as you might expect with a fracture (to the tibia or patella) or from a multiligament injury.

Uncomplicated PCL injuries don't necessarily require surgery. Recovery is usually 2-3 months.
Thanks for the info.
Hope he will be okay.

Sometimes I feel like forcing the player who made the hit (Strome) to fight someone who's not really a fighter isn't enough of a detterent/response. Not that we should've taken his head off per-say but as a fan it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that his "punishment" from the Jets for knocking out our best player for maybe months was beating Scheifele in a fight.
Perhaps Strome will be suspended, which would be a financial loss at least. Some are saying that it was at least partly intentional, the announcers were implying as much.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That’s where the whole idea of taking runs at their star players instead.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
1st place!

Did not like the look of KFC's injury. He's going to be out for a while.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Based on precedent, Strome should be suspended for 16 games.

Somehow I don’t see that happening. Hope Connor is okay.

Reactions: roccerfeller

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Call up Chibrikov or lambert

Great comeback win.

If KC is out long term I want to see chibrikov given a chance, he's the best LW on the moose and can ride shotgun with Schief like KC did when he got his callup as a rookie
I'd like to see either of these 2 guys called up. My preference would be Lambert, but Chibrikov is OK with me. Their both good, and "fast."

Reactions: Upperdeckjet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad