Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Typical NHL. If it was against someone on an original 6 team there would be a suspension.

Not even a penalty on the play, Pionk was suspended.

"We acknowledge Pionk's argument that this is an attempted full-body check, but this play cannot be classified as merely a collision between two players, where one or both move reflexively or defensively at the last moment to avoid contact," said the department of player safety in a video explaining the punishment.

"If he wants to deliver this hit, the onus is on Pionk to take an angle of approach that ensures he's in good position to make a legal, full-body check. Instead, having taken an angle which has him lined up outside of Sandin's path, Pionk turns his right leg and extends his knee, jutting it forward to avoid missing the check entirely. This results in forceful, dangerous and direct knee-on-knee contact."

As dangerous as that play was, the retaliation was worse. "Players policing themselves" resulted in this.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not even a penalty on the play, Pionk was suspended.

"We acknowledge Pionk's argument that this is an attempted full-body check, but this play cannot be classified as merely a collision between two players, where one or both move reflexively or defensively at the last moment to avoid contact," said the department of player safety in a video explaining the punishment.

"If he wants to deliver this hit, the onus is on Pionk to take an angle of approach that ensures he's in good position to make a legal, full-body check. Instead, having taken an angle which has him lined up outside of Sandin's path, Pionk turns his right leg and extends his knee, jutting it forward to avoid missing the check entirely. This results in forceful, dangerous and direct knee-on-knee contact."

As dangerous as that play was, the retaliation was worse. "Players policing themselves" resulted in this.

Yup the DOPS changes its rules all the f***ing time. It's the biggest joke of a department ever.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We're going to have to depend on Ehlers and Scheifele stepping up their goal production, as well as our depth players to compensate for the loss of Connor's production. I think the Jets have the depth to come out of this OK -- hopefully.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Total effing bullshit.
The only attempted hit was the elbow he tried to throw at KC.
What a bush league the NHL is.

Reactions: roccerfeller

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
I can't tell which replies are serious, but you 100% widen your stance to glide in and throw a body check. While I think the play was reckless, feet spread apart is not evidence of intent.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I can't tell which replies are serious, but you 100% widen your stance to glide in and throw a body check. While I think the play was reckless, feet spread apart is not evidence of intent.
Well of course, that's what you argue over in court.

(PS: If you're looking for serious replies, this is the wrong afternoon for me. Tons to do and I'm bored, bored, bored...)

• Haha
Reactions: jungles

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Agreed. The team is doing what it needs to do and bank points. The more they continue to bank the less chances we.have of falling out.
You also have to remember that the season hasn't been too hectic yet.
The end of the season is a lot more hectic than so far this season.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Well of course, that's what you argue over in court.

(PS: If you're looking for serious replies, this is the wrong afternoon for me. Tons to do and I'm bored, bored, bored...)
Dammit! Walked right into that one.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Sprained MCL is my uneducated guess…6-8 weeks. Similar to Brother Vilardi!

My other guess is we sell a few extra tickets to Duck game here now…Ogie Ogelthorpe will be dressed for the Home team

Reactions: macmaroon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese