Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Ducks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
I'm so impressed that the Jets managed to work through...that... and get the W. As a fan, it is a decent payoff after watching that poorly played, extremely annoying game.

This game was apparently played on public skating rink quality ice and seemed to be filmed through some mopey tweens grey Instagram filter. Just total amateur hour garbage all around.

Lighting a candle for KFC's knee.

Next.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 Stickmen tonight, tough game tonight and the players sucked it up and came back in the 3rd, Vilardi finally pots one, Scheifele answered the bell, Nino and Barron light the lamp. 4/4 points so far on the trip, just keep collecting points

200w.gif
200w.gif
200w.gif
200w.gif

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets showed a lot of character, after losing their top scorer, and coming back from 2-0 to win this game, for 1st place in the Central Division. I hope Kyle is not injured badly, but the post game radio show says he mat be out for awhile ? This is 4 wins straight right now, so lets make it 5 or 6. Jets showed a lot of grit and character tonight.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
First game we won this season when trailing after two?
The Jets woke up and started playing after a lackluster 2 periods.
They should have blown the Ducks out of the water (pun intended).
Helle coudln't have liked that 2nd goal but he was the reason for this win.
Good game by Gibson as well. It was rumored he was available a while ago. Sabres, Canes, Devils,...etc... should open their eyes.
JMo played well. Played over 30 minutes! 6.25m per year...
This team's O comes to a stop when Scheif isn't there. I don't know what we would look like if he were traded last summer.
Opposing teams have seen enough of Stanley, sit him or trade him already.

Does the team call up a Moose forward or dress AJF?
Chibs? Lambert? Is Loosh hurt again?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Glad we got the win. Depth scoring has come up big the last few.

Hopefully KC isn't out long term but that didn't look good.

Team found a way to refocus after the second.

Glad Gabe got his first. Tonight was the most involved I've seen him since coming back so hopefully a sign of things to come. Pwrfetti is fighting it a bit right now. Not playing bad by any means but there will he ups and downs and he's going through a bit of a drout.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
that was such a satisfying third period - this team has complete trust in their game plan and systems.

2 big wins with big Stan?

Real tough to see KC go down. Nothing

Vilardi with slick hands all game and gets rewarded. Hoping he continues to find the back of the net now

Helle made some key saves

Team needs to be even better defensively since they won’t have as much offence.

Well, we are second in the league in 5 on 5 defensive play metrics

Guess we could always be first lol :laugh::naughty:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
that was such a satisfying third period - this team has complete trust in their game plan and systems.

Vilardi with slick hands all game and gets rewarded. Hoping he continues to find the back of the net now

You mean two wins despite big Stan... Samberg is stifled because we don't have a talented partner for him so he plays 12 mins a game.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Jets winning since Schmshit got dumped

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Knee was out and he leaned into Connor as he went by. I doubt he was trying to injure but he certainly intended to hit him and it was reckless. It was like Pionk on Sandin a couple of years ago that got the Leafs all riled up.
I agree, but Connor's knee was out too as he was trying to turn. I don't know, I just feel like it was just an unfortunate play.

Reactions: hn777

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
morrissey 30 minutes ice time.
what a beast

He made the most of those minutes, too. A ton of offense flowed through him. Good thing their best players were their best players tonight. Glad to see Barron head to the net to scoop up the trash. Jets need to attack the middle of the ice far more often than they do. They're good on the cycle, but teams that defend the middle of the ice relentlessly (Vegas) can seriously mitigate that impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad