Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Canes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Greasy, grungy win but for me LB was the dam across the Churchill River.
4/5 Croissants
9BAABCBC-9508-4841-852F-767FEB3E8776.jpeg
multiply x 4!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
You know what the difference between the refs in the last five minutes of that game and the refs in a “steel cage no holds barred electric barbed wire” death match in pro wrestling?

I actually know what purpose the refs serve in a “steel cage no holds barred electric barbed wire” death match in pro wrestling.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not how I'd draw it up. I didn't like our first 10 minuts and didn't care how we closed again, but though the mid part of the game we were right there and even took it too them at times.

LB - Big game from him. Coach made the right call starting him tonight. Stole that one.

Defense: I'm not a big fan of dressing 7 as I feel it gets each pairing out of their flow. I thought the d looked a disjointed tonight as a result.

Chisholm was showing better positioning and his retrievals were good. Like the confidence with the puck. Was terrified with him and Stanley in their end when the Canes had the puck though.

Can we just stop the Stanley experiment already, Noone but DeMelo looks good with him.

Our vets where all a bit off imo.

Top line: They were quite high event against the Aho line. Both lines played each other fairly evenly but our guys took their chances and they didn't. Some beauty connections on those goals. Looks like Ehlers is really going now.

Second line didn't score a goal but played well. Perfetti looks much more comfortable down the middle now. The defense is still real good but he's now impacting the play much more in the offensive end as well. His line only gave up two scoring chances in a night where the Canes had them at will. Definitely a big confidence booster against a team with elite structure. Vilardi is still getting his hands and timing back. He had some plays where he uncharacteristically bobbled and lost possesion. I will say that the one shift they had with Barron further cemented my thoughts that they need a winger with some pace on the line to give Cole and Gabe a bit more separation and space to use. That might be what Chevy needs to get at the deadline.

Third line, well got third lined by the Staal line. Probably the worst game that trio has had this year.

Fourth line barely played but didn't look great when they did.

Next practice they need to dedicate atleast half to pp zone entries. That was painful.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Tonight's evidence in ref management, Jet up 2-1 late in the third, Burns absolutely mugs a Jets player, no call.
Willing to bet if we are down 2-1 that type of call goes against us.

On FB there is a page where baseball umpires are graded based on their calls vis a vis balls and strikes. I know the NHL is watching but I'd like to see someone who has the ability to watch every game, not live of course, and record all missed calls by the officials with the teams involved and game score and who the penalty would be called on and against.

I'm willing to bet a definite pattern would emerge on which officials are letting the most things go(or completely missing calls) and to the benefit of which teams and the detriment of the others.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That first period was brutal until Connor pounded one in. Agree with the D looking disjointed, and didn’t understand why our Chaos Giraffe (Canucks name for Myers) was in over AFJ.
Don’t know but every coach we have had has played him.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
To my eye, that "poke check" was assisted by a little release of the goal stick. Should have been a penalty or penalty shot for throwing the stick.
Yes! Exactly! I was leaping around the room yelling for a penalty shot and I couldn't believe they didn't call it. Okay, I'm lying, I wasn't the least surprised after all the stuff they let the Canes get away with all game. But Raanta definitely threw his stick a few centimetres.

Other than the refs' incompetence or bias, I loved the game even though the first period caused me to break a fingernail. And best of all (here we go again!), we are STILL in third place in our division and STILL in sixth place in our conference.

Life is good.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yes! Exactly! I was leaping around the room yelling for a penalty shot and I couldn't believe they didn't call it. Okay, I'm lying, I wasn't the least surprised after all the stuff they let the Canes get away with all game. But Raanta definitely threw his stick a few centimetres.

Other than the refs' incompetence or bias, I loved the game even though the first period caused me to break a fingernail. And best of all (here we go again!), we are STILL in third place in our division and STILL in sixth place in our conference.

Life is good.
The sacrifices you make for this team! We all appreciate your fallen fingernail!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
To my eye, that "poke check" was assisted by a little release of the goal stick. Should have been a penalty or penalty shot for throwing the stick.

Assist or no, it was actually very well positioned by Raanta, he came out in a way that Ehlers would have had to have chipped him and also gone around his body. I'm not sure Ehlers gets to it even if it's not poked away, given there was a defenceman there who can clear it.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
What an exciting game to be at! The military band was super. Who knew a trumpet could be so much fun. The uniforms surprised me. I didn't think I'd like them, but yeah, nice.

I was pretty sour on Brossoit after his last game. I guess that was a me problem, because he was a bit of alright tonight.

Stanley... oh yoy! The canes had us hemmed in pretty well most of the night and I saw at least three times where Stanley had control of the puck and blindly threw it away, ending right back on a canes stick. That can't happen. Yes, Demelo did it as well, so... he should... stop doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad