Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Canes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not that happy with the way the team has come out of the gate lately - but I did like how they approached the last 2 periods in this one.
Looking forward, there were a few things I liked about this game - and I wouldn't use GF to measure them.

We had grade A chances tonight where the guys executed well - but the Canes seem to get sticks on everything on the way to the net and spoil a lot of shots - there might be some bias in the shot clock tonight based on how well the Canes defend.

Aside from the slow start, I don't have a ton to complain about - they fought hard tonight against a very good team and stole one.
I also thought the Canes had quite a few low percentage shots, they're a shot volume team

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Well that was no Picaso, but in the end they don't ask how but how many
Are you sure that wasn't a Picasso? 'Cause I sure don't know what the hell I was looking at tonight:laugh:
images.jpg

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I also thought the Canes had quite a few low percentage shots, they're a shot volume team
yup, their game plan is and always will be to shoot from everywhere and hope for the best

Reactions: Jet

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The Canes are a great team and I could never figure out why they can’t make it out of the east. They play man to man and forechecking like crazy … all the Jets had to do was finished their checks and take the man out of the play to neutralize them.

Great move by Bones starting your backup against a top team. LB is back … woohoo.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Not a good start to the game, going almost sixteen minutes without a shot, but the win is all that matters. Brossoit was excellent in net, keeping the Jets in it and earning the two points. I give the game three croissants out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Colorado Avalanche has been posted and ready for your guesses. Lots of points awarded tonight, so check out the standings as there was a lot of movement. Don't forget to take some time to sign up to create a GDT, I can't be the only one making them, I'm running out of ideas...

giphy.gif

See you guys on Thursday! Good night...

giphy.gif

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Canes are a great team and I could never figure out why they can’t make it out of the east. The play man to man and forechecking like crazy … all the Jets had to do was finished their checks and take the man out of the play to neutralize them.

Great move by Bones starting your backup against a top team. LB is back … woohoo.
I think their big problem is that they don't have that elite goalscorer. I'd make a big push to get Laine if I was the canes and he was available

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I been keeping track of the complete implosion of the 5 on 5 play of this team. At one point the Jets were a top-5 in 5v5 metrics. After tonight's game they are officially under 50% in xGoals, which is kinda shocking since they were dominating around 53% not that long ago.

Jets 5v5 metrics since Nov 10th:

xGF%: 42.37% (31st in the NHL only ahead of the Sharks)
CF%: 45.31% (26th in the NHL)

They've pretty much been performing at a lottery team level in the last 11 games. This seems like a flashback of the 18-19 but atleast in the 18-19 season they had injuries to explain the collapse.

Never gonna hear me complain about a win either. These posts are more forward looking at the long term story of the Jets going forward.

I hear you but I have been trying to not get ahead of myself on possession stats. We were good early in the season we have been in a funk for a while. Seasons are long and there are going to be ebbs and flows that can be lengthy both positively and negatively.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The 2nd line lacking speed tonight without Ehlers and Names on it. Cole needs a speed guy on that line with him. I'd really like to see Ehlers put back on that 2nd line, and Names on it. Speed and talent. Right now we have too many of out high talent guys all stacked on the 1st line. I think we do better with a little more balance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad