Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not a good game. If I were to break the periods down it'd look like:

1st: An AHL team playing against an NHL team

2nd/3rd: A bad NHL team going up against another NHL team

They were unprepared to start the game where they got completely bulldozed. This continues the trend of awful on ice play for the Jets. That win is all Brossoit.

Brossoit owed the boys a goalie job. Nice to see him get involved. Early in the season I thought the Jets were good and our goalie’s got off to a really slow start. Lately it’s been the opposite. I never complain about winning and I like winning the right way and the wrong way.

Last edited:

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
While my prediction of a 2-1 Jets win was correct, I thought it would be a far, far different game than this.

This was not a game that you would ever win without a spectacular performance from Brossoit.

The positive is they won. Yay.

The negative is there is a ton of stuff to work on like the power play, the slow start, and the big sags in energy that are again becoming a thing.

Next.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I been keeping track of the complete implosion of the 5 on 5 play of this team. At one point the Jets were a top-5 in 5v5 metrics. After tonight's game they are officially under 50% in xGoals, which is kinda shocking since they were dominating around 53% not that long ago.

Jets 5v5 metrics since Nov 10th:

xGF%: 42.37% (31st in the NHL only ahead of the Sharks)
CF%: 45.31% (26th in the NHL)

They've pretty much been performing at a lottery team level in the last 11 games. This seems like a flashback of the 18-19 but atleast in the 18-19 season they had injuries to explain the collapse.

Brossoit owned the boys a goalie job. Nice to see him get involved. Early in the season I thought the Jets were good and our goalie’s got off to a really slow start. Lately it’s been the opposite. I never complain about winning and I like winning the right way and the wrong way.

Never gonna hear me complain about a win either. These posts are more forward looking at the long term story of the Jets going forward.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelecanth of the game. LB
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Ahem.

Coelacanth of the game:

Laurent Broissoit. :)

laurent-brossoit-2022-7776.jpg

having trouble with my coelacanth gif but you guys know the drill.
coelacanth-living-fossil.gif

ha, there we have it

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Brossoit owned the boys a goalie job. Nice to see him get involved. Early in the season I thought the Jets were good and our goalie’s got off to a really slow start. Lately it’s been the opposite. I never complain about winning and I like winning the right way and the wrong way.
And tonight they owe him several steak dinners.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Okay this team needed a couple wins anyway they could get them. Going on a west coast road trip with a Colorado stop on the way. Let’s do in California what we did in the Florida sunshine.
Colorado's not exactly lighting it up lately and Makar might be out but the Jets will have to play a lot better than tonight.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I been keeping track of the complete implosion of the 5 on 5 play of this team. At one point the Jets were a top-5 in 5v5 metrics. After tonight's game they are officially under 50% in xGoals, which is kinda shocking since they were dominating around 53% not that long ago.

Jets 5v5 metrics since Nov 10th:

xGF%: 42.37% (31st in the NHL only ahead of the Sharks)
CF%: 45.31% (26th in the NHL)

They've pretty much been performing at a lottery team level in the last 11 games. This seems like a flashback of the 18-19 but atleast in the 18-19 season they had injuries to explain the collapse.

Never gonna hear me complain about a win either. These posts are more forward looking at the long term story of the Jets going forward.
I'm not that happy with the way the team has come out of the gate lately - but I did like how they approached the last 2 periods in this one.
Looking forward, there were a few things I liked about this game - and I wouldn't use GF to measure them.

We had grade A chances tonight where the guys executed well - but the Canes seem to get sticks on everything on the way to the net and spoil a lot of shots - there might be some bias in the shot clock tonight based on how well the Canes defend.

Aside from the slow start, I don't have a ton to complain about - they fought hard tonight against a very good team and stole one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia