Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
hipster moment......

I've been all about Zucker since he first put on a Wild sweater

end hipster moment.

Seriously though, never gave up on him and he has shown that he has worked on his game to fit with the team. Hope he stays in MN for a long time.

Only a handful of us really stuck with Zucker the whole time. It's true. *high five*

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Only a handful of us really stuck with Zucker the whole time. It's true. *high five*

I think it's more... only a handful actually gave up on Zucker and thought he'd never make it in the NHL.

Just because others asked for more development before giving him a spot, doesn't mean they gave up on him.

The player we see now, I don't think we'd be seeing now if he was gifted the spot that some wanted him to be gifted.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I think it's more... only a handful actually gave up on Zucker and thought he'd never make it in the NHL.

Just because others asked for more development before giving him a spot, doesn't mean they gave up on him.

The player we see now, I don't think we'd be seeing now if he was gifted the spot that some wanted him to be gifted.

Don't really think it was people asking for more development...

Think it's closer to somewhere in between "Yeah, he's gonna be really good" and "Yeah, we better trade him while he still has some value." A lot of Wild fans were throwing in the towel in on him and wanted him gone for scraps. Zucker + 2nd became our version of the Ryder + Halak + 2nd from a handful of years ago.

Whatever, though. Doesn't really matter now. Sure we're all glad he's still on the team.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

yes, sir. you can be in both the "not ready yet" camp and the "why the hell would we trade him" camp.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
I would have sold low on Zucker. I thought Sheppard would be as good as Koivu. I suck at player evaluation.

Slick Willy*

My dad was big on him; I wasn't. Something about him being from Cali and a rollerblader didn't sit well with me.

Glad he's proving me wrong.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i was on the keep zucker train too even though i've been critical. there was no reason to sell him as we wouldn't have got much and he still had very good potential.

Billy Mays Here*

I am gladly eating all the crow I deserve for saying Zucker had no place on this team during the off-season. Thought he wouldn't get a good enough chance given our winger depth, but God damn he's been good. Might even start valuing him higher than Nino soon.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I am gladly eating all the crow I deserve for saying Zucker had no place on this team during the off-season. Thought he wouldn't get a good enough chance given our winger depth, but God damn he's been good. Might even start valuing him higher than Nino soon.

I am stunned he has performed so well, I thought he would be blocked out of the top 6 and wouldn't fit in a bottom 6 role.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I didnt watch the game, but did he take Parises spot completely?

Anyway, nice game Zucke-nuke'm!

Edit: i didnt notice the discussion regarding following him before now.
I think you can add me to the hipsterlist :P

Last edited:

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Team Zucker. I met him last year in PHX. Super nice kid.

He's arguably been our best player this year. Not only scoring goals, but playing well on the PK. It's more impressive that he has been consistent as I think a lot of us were concerned he couldn't keep it up at the beginning of the year. Props to him, he clearly worked his butt off this offseason and it's paying off. And it will be paying him real soon.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
I tried to watch the highlights from yesterday's game but ended up seeing a five minute Zucker show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad