Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Any chance we can turn the title of this thread into a Player Discussion:Jason Zucker.

My eyes do a triple take every time I click on the board thinking we extended him again(even though we can't at the moment).

Maybe I'm alone in that though.

Oh fine.

Slick Willy*

The boy just keeps producing. Sign of a goal scorer that goal tonight.

I'm wishing at this point that we had him locked up for a few more years. He's doing a lot more than than Coyle is.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Let's trade him for Boychuk!

Wasn't the mutually-agreed upon common offer at the beginning of last year always Zucker for Niskanen (before his good year)? I think this was the one where Pitt and our fans both liked the trade.. which almost never happens on the trade boards.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Feels like that heart is translating to production. I didn't think it would happen after those injuries but happy to be wrong.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I just laugh at all the grief people like me took this summer for "penciling" Zucker into the lineup, when he wasn't "ready" or that we should have traded him.

Wild need people to shoot, and that's Zucker's favorite thing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I just laugh at all the grief people like me took this summer for "penciling" Zucker into the lineup, when he wasn't "ready" or that we should have traded him.

Same people who said Scandella was a bum.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Maybe we can consider this next time folks want to get rid of Dumba after a bad game.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
People wanted Dumba in the minors so he could work and develop just like Scandella did.

Some did - some wanted to trade him, just like Zucker was at the top of the trade list for more than a few last summer.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Zucker is just what we needed. An energizer bunny who shoots constantly. Parise lite without the hockey sense and with more speed. I wanna see 16-9-22 as a unit.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Heck of a game tonight. Didn't get a goal, but he still had a positive impact on the game.

Dumb penalty in the 1st. It was nice to see some real emotion though, you could tell he had a little extra all game.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Heck of a game tonight. Didn't get a goal, but he still had a positive impact on the game.

Dumb penalty in the 1st. It was nice to see some real emotion though, you could tell he had a little extra all game.

Agreed, he just keeps looking awesome out there, definitely the shining light of the youth at the moment.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i dont remember many people saying scanny was a bum, i did think we could upgrade his spot for more production. so far hes proving me wrong. as for zucker i've always liked him, i still think he was under paid and last summer i was saying he didnt belong in iowa so either find him a roster spot or trade him. sure glad hes proving plenty wrong this year.

P10p

May 15, 2012
If Minnesota swung a deal along the lines of Granlund for E. Stall we could have 3 almost identical lines

Paries-Stall-Coyle
Zucker-Koivu-Nino
Haula-Brodz-Vanek

Very similar in terms of playing style especially those top 2

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
We'd also be in cap hell next year. With no cap increase we'd have under a million dollars to get a 3rd d pairing and fill out 3 spots in the bottom 6.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
i dont remember many people saying scanny was a bum, i did think we could upgrade his spot for more production. so far hes proving me wrong. as for zucker i've always liked him, i still think he was under paid and last summer i was saying he didnt belong in iowa so either find him a roster spot or trade him. sure glad hes proving plenty wrong this year.

I do, I read through a few Scandella threads from a few years ago. Lots of busts being thrown around about him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Zucker is SO MUCH BETTER this year than anything he's shown previously it's crazy! If he came in and played like the past two years, he'd still be in Iowa right now.

This isn't abut him just shooting, this is about him developing into a legit player finally!

I said all offseason that he had to show serious development to make the team, and he did. There was nothing set in stone about his position in the lineup, he had to earn it.

My biggest gripe about his game before, was how he seemed to play the game on an island, never utilizing his linemates. That happens to be one of his biggest strengths this season...utilizing his linemates to find not only more scoring chances for himself, but actually generating for others as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad