Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Thank you.

Zucker is a player with a lot of character, former team USA captain. His overall game ain't as bad as it is purported to be.

True. But Yeo also seems to have it in for him and also appeared to still have it in for Fontaine. I could honestly see both on the 4th line getting 8 minutes a game with Brodziak and never seeing offensive ice time since they'll dump it and let the scoring lines get out there.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Zucker hasn't earned anything yet, in terms of "earned" he is lower than Coyle, Nino, MiG, those guys who did a lot for us in terms of regular season and playoffs still have to go into camp and earn their spots.

Zucker's best hope is to get a good year of development in Iowa, followed by maybe a strong callup showing if he gets that chance, but more importantly would be a the 2015 training camp, come into camp and show the team you can be a force. He needs to get strong while keeping his speed and to be a pest who is a 3rd liner with upside to score and be inserted into the top 6 here and there to throw a wrench into the game.

I know people like him, I do too, and his career with the Wild is far from over, but he needs to become a complete player, if he comes into this camp and plays well in a two way game and away from the puck, I can see him on the 3rd line which would be really for for Him AND us, it would give us more danger since opposing teams will be looking to stop our 1st/2nd line meaning Zucker can actually have easier opponents.

Honestly Him and Haula would be so ****ing fast it would be fun to watch, but he needs to be a more complete player away from the puck, which was his weakness last year.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
let me clarify, clutterbuck's goals & # of hits were way down his last year here. i think he should have been making at least 2 mill & possibly 2.5 same as cooke! but no, CF lowballed him at 1.4 i believe. he didnt look happy to me.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
let me clarify, clutterbuck's goals & # of hits were way down his last year here. i think he should have been making at least 2 mill & possibly 2.5 same as cooke! but no, CF lowballed him at 1.4 i believe. he didnt look happy to me.

Cooke is an upgrade over clutterbuck.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Zucker doesn't need to be a complete player to see NHL time.

He just needs develop an area of his game where he's consistently a factor on the ice. Yeo has proven he's unwilling to give younger players free reign in terms of creativity or PP time, so he needs to bring something else to the table that gets his foot in the door first.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Clutterbuck has the same career high in goals that Cooke does...19. And yeah he's led the league in hits...so? Cooke is a better Pker and a better overall player.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Clutterbuck has the same career high in goals that Cooke does...19. And yeah he's led the league in hits...so? Cooke is a better Pker and a better overall player.

"Hits" are extremely arbitrary as a stat. Clutter buck has a reputation that inflates those numbers, whereas Granlund could deliver 5 "hits" and be credited for 1.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Clutterbuck is not better player than Cooke. Clutterbuck is too stupid on the ice, sorry to say it but it's true. Cooke is much smarter player.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Yeah don't know how anyone who has watched both play could draw the conclusion that Clutter is better. Cooke is just so much smarter than Cal.

Slick Willy*

I forgot that he played for the elite US under 18 team. Plus he had a goal scorer's numbers at DU and for the Aeros.

I was never crazy about him but slowly and surely I'm coming around to him.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I been fan-boying for this guy for a few years and am truly so happy to see him begin t flourish. What a stud,

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Somewhere back before FA I said Zucker would be better over the next five years than Vanek. Didn't take long.

Ha. At scoring goals, this year? Sure we can say that now. Over the tenure of his career? I don't he'll finish with a better career than Vanek.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeah, it was when we were talking about just letting Zucker walk and signing Vanek to a 5-year deal. I was pretty adamantly opposed to letting Zucker walk because I figured, while Vanek might be scoring 25-30 goals this year and Zucker maybe gets 10-15, I thought Vanek would drop off quickly while Zucker would continue to improve.

Slick Willy*

Zucker's numbers in the NCAA were impressive. The highlighted are goals and points (first row is games played):

40 23 22 45
38 22 24 46

That's really good, for playing against very solid talent. Those numbers are better than solid NHL players like Okposo, Wheeler, and others.

As I said I'm coming around to JZ.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Any chance we can turn the title of this thread into a Player Discussion:Jason Zucker.

My eyes do a triple take every time I click on the board thinking we extended him again(even though we can't at the moment).

Maybe I'm alone in that though.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
96532.gif

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Any chance we can turn the title of this thread into a Player Discussion:Jason Zucker.

My eyes do a triple take every time I click on the board thinking we extended him again(even though we can't at the moment).

Maybe I'm alone in that though.

Don't underestimate Fletcher.. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad