Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Interesting that two of our three top goal scorers ( by a long shot) barely get a sniff on the PP. WE're almost at the halfway point. When will Yeo started adjusting?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Before this season, Zucker had performed well at pretty much every level but the NHL. I was worried that he'd permanently be in Yeo's doghouse again this season, but I'm glad he's getting his chances.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
This kid deserves much more ice time and to be on a line with Zach. I know they're both LH but geez. Just let them have a game together.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I watched only highlights. But every time something good happened, Zucker was there.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I just love his (mostly) shoot-first attitude. We need guys like that, since it seems like everyone else is afraid to shoot.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Interesting that two of our three top goal scorers ( by a long shot) barely get a sniff on the PP. WE're almost at the halfway point. When will Yeo started adjusting?

You don't expect Yeo to play him there instead of Coyle do you?:rant:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Weird to call him garbage when he's co-leading the team in scoring, but I'd agree he hasn't been as good as his numbers seem to say. Pretty underwhelming.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Weird to call him garbage when he's co-leading the team in scoring, but I'd agree he hasn't been as good as his numbers seem to say. Pretty underwhelming.

Yeah, Pominville has been bad. I don't care about the stats; he looks soft out there and has no motor some nights. He should be on the short-list of guys to be traded. We have enough top 9 wings...if we can get a decent center or goalie for Pominville I would in a heartbeat

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Really like Zucker's comments.

That's not the kind of leadership I'd expect from a 22-year-old. Glad to see he's one of the handful not parroting the "we competed well" nonsense.

Billy Mays Here*

Yeah, Pominville has been bad. I don't care about the stats; he looks soft out there and has no motor some nights. He should be on the short-list of guys to be traded. We have enough top 9 wings...if we can get a decent center or goalie for Pominville I would in a heartbeat

You don't trade away your leading scorer, especially one you recently signed to an extension. Pommers hasn't quite been up to par this season, but we have worse offenders than him. There's no one on this team who's slapper even comes close to Pominvilles.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
What did you expect him to say? "Well I had a good game so the rest of these losers need to step up" or "I played really well so I don't see why the coach was yelling at me"? When was the last time a young player said something that dumb?

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
What did you expect him to say? "Well I had a good game so the rest of these losers need to step up" or "I played really well so I don't see why the coach was yelling at me"? When was the last time a young player said something that dumb?

:laugh::laugh:

I still agree that he's a great kid. He was in the dog house and worked super hard to get and although sometimes visibly frustrated .. he kept working. High character kid regardless.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Zucker has the Gaborik "butts out of seats" quality we've lacked even from superior players.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013

I think he's better than some give him credit for. He just doesn't do anything flashy, so it's even hard to notice when he's playing well. If he isn't scoring, you just forget he's out there. Sometimes that's a bad thing, but not in this case.

Pommer is like a good right tackle in football. When things are going well you just kind of assume he's doing his part, but you never actually pay attention to him unless he makes a mistake.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Really like Zucker's comments.

That's not the kind of leadership I'd expect from a 22-year-old. Glad to see he's one of the handful not parroting the "we competed well" nonsense.

He captained the US U20 WJC team for a reason.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
eyeroll

and if nino played all 60 minutes of a game he could have 40 goals already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad