Confirmed with Link: Jared Boll signs with Anaheim

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Not surprised that Murray went after an enforcer, but a two year contract is bleh. We need depth, and to me so far Murray has signed two 13th forwards. We need actual roster players.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
4kXNS9J.gif

Pretty much. My liver might not survive this upcoming season. Way to stack the team BM. :cry:

DaDucks*

Seems like people are going to miss the "turn the other cheek" policy BB had.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Interesting how many throw aways the Ducks seem to get considering we need to really watch our budget.

Two years ago I felt we were on the precipice of a couple years of great hockey.
Now we seem on the precipice of "what went wrong with the ducks?" Stories.

Fortunately, I've been wrong plenty of times, but I'm afraid I am losing Interest in this team

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I like toughness but this is awful. Boll can't play hockey. A two way deal I'm fine with but if this guy plays regularly for us our 4th line will be ****.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
this is GARBAGE.

This guy freaking sucks on the ice. We're so freaking strapped for cash that we can't re-sign a great winger for Getzlaf, but we can give this healthy scratch 2 years @900k? **** Murray.

This cannot be repeated enough. Bob has decided to take a trip back to 2007 and stay there. He's ****ing lost his mind. I'm just waiting for the last turd to drop...Fowler for Ennis and a 2nd.

And for those who like to whine about the officiating, get your lungs warmed up. This team will never get another call until the rebuild is acknowledged and begun.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
You realize Murray could just be posturing about Perron? Easy way out was to blame the RFA contracts. You never know what happens in those negotiations. No GM makes perfect moves, but more often than not, Murray handles business

Murray said he couldn't get to the number that Perron signed for. Yes, it has to do with the RFA's, but it also has to do with all the other players who are and aren't on the roster. This isn't something new im frustrated about. I was irritated about the Fistric extension, but-out. I was beyond infuriated about the Maroon trade. Every time I hear the same damn thing "it's not that much". On a budget team, these small mistakes add up. Now, we're being told that we can't afford to pay a player, who was a terrific fit, a very fair amount. Yet we can pay this goon 900k? You see what I'm getting at? People like to ***** about the owners being cheap. I find that frustrating as hell too, but Murray's issues don't stem soley due to the budget. His obsession with overpaying bottom pairing defenseman is a complete joke. He's not great at allocating his money to the right positions. 7 million in bottom pairing defenseman? A bigger budget would help, but I think it'd also increase the amount of **** moves Murray does as well.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's two year, not two way.

Yeah I meant I would be fine with the signing if it was a two way. It's not so I'm not fine with it. As much as I defend Carlyle I have a gut feeling he will play this guy regularly. Hoping I'm wrong and he's adapted to the game as it is played today.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Murray said he couldn't get to the number that Perron signed for. Yes, it has to do with the RFA's, but it also has to do with all the other players who are and aren't on the roster. This isn't something new im frustrated about. I was irritated about the Fistric extension, but-out. I was beyond infuriated about the Maroon trade. Every time I hear the same damn thing "it's not that much". On a budget team, these small mistakes add up. Now, we're being told that we can't afford to pay a player, who was a terrific fit, a very fair amount. Yet we can pay this goon 900k? You see what I'm getting at? People like to ***** about the owners being cheap. I find that frustrating as hell too, but Murray's issues don't stem soley due to the budget. His obsession with overpaying bottom pairing defenseman is a complete joke. He's not great at allocating his money to the right positions. 7 million in bottom pairing defenseman? A bigger budget would help, but I think it'd also increase the amount of **** moves Murray does as well.

I get it.. Small mess ups add up to 1-2 million over time and we can't have that. But I'll take those small hiccups over some other GMs I see out there. Murray isn't perfect. He's probably a B+ for Anaheim on his time here.

I do think Murray should be on a short leash now, he's on the verge of potentially firing a coach for the 3rd time- if we s*it the bed.

Because we aren't a budget team, we need BM to be perfect, and he hasn't been

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't think the problem is small hiccups, so much as the fact they keep happening. He's also been prone to wasting assets, both rostered and prospect.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah I meant I would be fine with the signing if it was a two way. It's not so I'm not fine with it. As much as I defend Carlyle I have a gut feeling he will play this guy regularly. Hoping I'm wrong and he's adapted to the game as it is played today.

I'm not really sure how that'll go. Carlyle played guys in Toronto way too much, at the expense of some younger guys, but he also sat Parros quite a bit here for his entire tenure. Hoping Boll is just a solid room guy and he maybe gets in 20-30 games.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Would any of our potential rookie forwards this season be eligible for expansion if they play 40 games? If not, we currently have 7 forwards under contract through the next season, not including Rakell who has obviously yet to sign. Expansion rules say we must have at least 2 forwards exposed who have played more than 70 games or 40 in the next season. Assuming Rakell signs, and we protect 7 forwards, that means Boll is exposed and helps us meet expansion rules. I think that's the reason behind the 2-year deal more than anything.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

With all of our budget issues, it's beyond me how Bob can give Boll a two year one way deal. It's absolute lunacy. I see this team trying to pretend it were 2007 again while regressing with every move. We don't have that kind of talent and that style doesn't work anymore, but come hell or high water Bob and Randy are going to shove it down our throats until the HC is half full and Henry has finally had enough of Bob. And that day can't come soon enough for me. :surrender

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00