Confirmed with Link: Jared Boll signs with Anaheim

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I don't mind the signing, but my biggest issue is the $ and term. One year @ $750K and I'd be much happier.

Had a feeling we'd bring in an enforcer though.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
3 of those 4 contracts are two way so are likely planned for San Diego so it's probably not fair to call him an idiot based on that.

Agreed. Honestly there's nothing wrong with the Raymond and Schultz signings. The Boll signing is bad, but IMO, not finding a way to pay Perron 3.7 million is worse.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The thing that worries me is the term and amount. Spending 900K for 2 years indicates Murray and Carlyle see this guy as an NHL caliber player. Boll is not an NHL caliber player these days. If Boll wasn't willing to take a two way then we are better off not signing him. There are better players who can fight in the minors who can take two way deals.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
BM is lost, he is signing bunch of guys because he doesnt know where to go with current roster, those are bad desperate moves.
Except all of these signings outside of Boll are far more likely to spend most of next season in San Diego instead of Anaheim.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Columbus' fans are lollerskating all over the place, knowing how utterly useless Boll is.

He didn't even have a spot on on a bottom-3 team (last season), but he's supposed to help Anaheim make the playoffs?

I swear, I would make more sane and logical decisions if I were the GM of Anaheim.

It's almost impossible not to.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Columbus' fans are lollerskating all over the place, knowing how utterly useless Boll is.

He didn't even have a spot on on a bottom-3 team (last season), but he's supposed to help Anaheim make the playoffs?

I swear, I would make more sane and logical decisions if I were the GM of Anaheim.

It's almost impossible not to.

As much as I dislike the signing Boll isn't going to make our break our chances of making the playoffs. Calm down with the hyperbole it's getting old.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
As much as I dislike the signing Boll isn't going to make our break our chances of making the playoffs. Calm down with the hyperbole it's getting old.

I agree. I don't like it as a pattern of spending money unnecessarily, but Boll is a pretty insignificant signing.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
The thing that worries me is the term and amount. Spending 900K for 2 years indicates Murray and Carlyle see this guy as an NHL caliber player. Boll is not an NHL caliber player these days. If Boll wasn't willing to take a two way then we are better off not signing him. There are better players who can fight in the minors who can take two way deals.

Even though it is one way, he can still be sent to the minors. I would not doubt that the 2 years is in reaction to the expansion draft, and having to make so many payers eligible. Players have to be under contract to be made eligible.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Even though it is one way, he can still be sent to the minors. I would not doubt that the 2 years is in reaction to the expansion draft, and having to make so many payers eligible. Players have to be under contract to be made eligible.

He also needs to play 40 games this year to meet the criteria to be counted as one of the two NHL calibers players exposed. That can't happen in the A.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

That really isn't a big plus since we aren't a cap team anyway.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Is anyone concerned that our league leading penalty minutes are just going to get worse?

We already get so many cheap calls against us and now we will be short handed even more. I just don't understand this signing.

John

Exactly what I was thinking. Hope the PK is still good this year... looks like that group will be getting plenty of ice time.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well, the assumption that Boll got two years so he could be exposed at the expansion draft is no longer going to happen. I'd take Vermette 10/10 times.

Hope he likes it in San Diego.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Well, the assumption that Boll got two years so he could be exposed at the expansion draft is no longer going to happen. I'd take Vermette 10/10 times.

He could still be here for that. We have to expose a certain amount of our cap to the draft. I don't remember how much it was or what we have currently exposed, but it's still a plausible assumption.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
He could still be here for that. We have to expose a certain amount of our cap to the draft. I don't remember how much it was or what we have currently exposed, but it's still a plausible assumption.

I do not believe that stipulation was kept as part of the final expansion draft rules.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
On a similar note, has it ever been shown unequivocally (not speculated) that Montour is draft exempt? I know his first stint in the A was on a ATO, but I haven't seen it stated anywhere that that makes him exempt.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I hope so too. For his sake and the Ducks sake, Boll shouldn't be playing a regular shift at the NHL level anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad